Darren Anderton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anderton blasts Tottenham for lack of 'loyalty' - Football365

“After 12 years I expected a little more loyalty,” he told Stadium Astro.

Asked who he blames for his exit, he relpied: “I would say it was Daniel Levy’s fault.

“They offered a contract to Jamie Redknapp, who came back and played the last four or five games of the season.

“I was furious about it.
I’m sat there with an achilles that isn’t great and I’m not fit :llorishuh:

and I’ve basically been released after 12 years. They most certainly didn’t look after me.

“I said to Daniel, ‘how could you do that to me?’.

“And he was like, ‘just feels like maybe it’s time for you to move on and Jamie and Louise are really settled here’.

“‘What do you mean settled there,’ I said. They had been there a year, I had been there 12 years – was I not settled?.”

Sorry Daz, but most of those 12 years were in the medical centre......is that not showing loyalty?
I think the problem was, he was too settled.

I remember towards the end playing a central midfield of Dazza and Sheringham....fuck mine.....watched us v Charlton and was astounded to see Anderton prancing away from challenges with his hands in a defensive position the whole game.

Nothing against him, but why come out with this shit now?

Asked who he blames for his exit, he relpied: “I would say it was Daniel Levy’s fault.

“They offered a contract to Jamie Redknapp, who came back and played the last four or five games of the season.

“I was furious about it.

and I’ve basically been released after 12 years. They most certainly didn’t look after me.

“And he was like, ‘just feels like maybe it’s time for you to move on and Jamie and Louise are really settled here’.

“‘What do you mean settled there,’ I said. They had been there a year, I had been there 12 years – was I not settled?.”

Sorry Daz, but most of those 12 years were in the medical centre......is that not showing loyalty?

I remember towards the end playing a central midfield of Dazza and Sheringham....fuck mine.....watched us v Charlton and was astounded to see Anderton prancing away from challenges with his hands in a defensive position the whole game.

Wants a club retainer!

“I was furious about it.

Disappointing comments and you're right that the club stood by him for years when he was injured and also bang out of form. Obviously he played during some of our darkest days but I suspect had he been fit and continued his trajectory he'd have gone off to Utd or someone when the venables debacle happened.
I do like him though and his performances in his first season were memorable.
Hope he doesn't become a snide cunt when it comes to talking about the club like waddle and Hoddle.

Disappointing comments and you're right that the club stood by him for years when he was injured and also bang out of form. Obviously he played during some of our darkest days but I suspect had he been fit and continued his trajectory he'd have gone off to Utd or someone when the venables debacle happened.
I do like him though and his performances in his first season were memorable.
Hope he doesn't become a snide cunt when it comes to talking about the club like waddle and Hoddle.

I can understand Hoddle being a bit snide after his managerial tenure with us, although his name does generally crop up a lot when we need a coach in. As for Waddle, he choose to leave us for Marseille. Not sure why he's have ill feelings about us?

Seems odd for Anderton to now come out and complain about how he was treated all those years ago. He got 12 years with us, a lot of which was spent recovering from injury.

I can understand Hoddle being a bit snide after his managerial tenure with us, although his name does generally crop up a lot when we need a coach in. As for Waddle, he choose to leave us for Marseille. Not sure why he's have ill feelings about us?

Seems odd for Anderton to now come out and complain about how he was treated all those years ago. He got 12 years with us, a lot of which was spent recovering from injury.
what pisses me off about hoddle is that in most of our eyes he was the greatest player we'd ever had, but his view of us and the club seems to be a bit negative. I know as a pundit he's got to be impartial and he probably overcompensates with us but I really get the feeling we're below swindon in his heart. All that aside, he does come out with a lot of shite generally, and not just about disabled people.
Waddle is a fuck though. I loved him as a player, but he doesn't even acknowledge he was a Spurs player - its like he went from newcastle to marseille.

I liked Shaggy, but if he had not been injured he would have gone up the road to Utd. He then got greedy with his new contract, despite having been injured for the majority of the previous season. I still recall the Paxton singing ' only one greedy bastard' to him as he sat out yet another game.

Loyalty is a two way street which a lot of footballers seem to forget.....

Glad Louise was settled.Many a good performance she put in for us.......
I loved Dazza,shame he was so injury prone.
One of the few players we had that could genuinely split a defence with a pass.
Jamie Redknapp is less Spurs than Arry. Dazza is more Spurs than the Redknapps (maybe not Louise) and Levy. But he was always a tackle away from a long term injury. I can see why Levy got rid. He hasn't exactly set the coaching world alite either. What does he expect?

what pisses me off about hoddle is that in most of our eyes he was the greatest player we'd ever had, but his view of us and the club seems to be a bit negative. I know as a pundit he's got to be impartial and he probably overcompensates with us but I really get the feeling we're below swindon in his heart. All that aside, he does come out with a lot of shite generally, and not just about disabled people.
Waddle is a fuck though. I loved him as a player, but he doesn't even acknowledge he was a Spurs player - its like he went from newcastle to marseille.

I think what hacks me off about Hoddle, was that he went to Chelsea and that pretty much set them on the road to where they are now. I think at the time Sugar should have got him from Swindon and not gone down the Ossie route. Then by the time he came to us he'd been sacked from England after his dodgy ideology and sacked off Southampton as he wanted to come to his spiritual home. I loved Waddle as well if only he'd stayed with us for one more season, Gazza, Lineker and Waddle would have been so, so sexy.

His commentary during the Chav game last week was almost making me sick. Like you said it might be him over compensating to maintain impartiality, and being a Spurs fan I am obviously more sensitive to what is said about my club but he came across as being upset with Chelsea being outplayed in the first half, he wasn't gushing or positive about our performance. But in the 2nd half he was highly positive about their performance and I felt he came across happy about it. It's probably my sensitivity but seeing as I enjoyed our performance during that game (played like we did last year) my hurt I felt was him. The moment the final whistle blow I turned it off, could listen to his voice.

His commentary during the Chav game last week was almost making me sick. Like you said it might be him over compensating to maintain impartiality, and being a Spurs fan I am obviously more sensitive to what is said about my club but he came across as being upset with Chelsea being outplayed in the first half, he wasn't gushing or positive about our performance. But in the 2nd half he was highly positive about their performance and I felt he came across happy about it. It's probably my sensitivity but seeing as I enjoyed our performance during that game (played like we did last year) my hurt I felt was him. The moment the final whistle blow I turned it off, could listen to his voice.

I hate the fact that a playing legend for us, has any affinity to Chelsea. Granted they were not on our radar as club in those days. However getting him in as their manager really turned them around as a club.

As for Dazza, I was sad when he wasn't offered a new contract, however his injury record just meant he'd probably continue spending time in the medical department and not on the pitch. As least he is an ambassador for the club now, although not sure if that will still be the case with his latest comments.

Amazing player on his day but if he'd been able to sustain fitness I kind of expect he would have been out of the door to Manchester United or somewhere, so it's a bit hard for me to entirely sympathise on this one.

(I'd hate to have Hoddle back as well. The guy is barely coherent these days and it's not like he exactly covered himself in glory while a manager.)

So called Sicknote is our record Premier League appearance holder.

299 (from Memory).

I make that 25 games a season. Not quite as bad as people like to make out.
Yeah, didn't get all shitty last year (may be longer) with someone calling him sick note? He went on a bit of a rant about it stating it was a tag the press had given him that he couldn't shake.

Back
Top Bottom