Danny Simpson claim Mark Clattenburg favored Leicester in title run (2015-16)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course, it will be hard to prove the Danny Simpson is saying ... but ...

Ex-Leicester star reveals referee admitted 'mad' favouritism during title chase with Spurs - Spurs Web - Tottenham Hotspur Football News

Danny Simpson’s latest revelation will come as a shock to Tottenham fans, with the former Leicester City man stating that Mark Clattenburg openly admitted to giving decisions in favour of the Foxes as he wanted them to win the title in 2015-16.

Spurs were the biggest challengers to Leicester that season and it seemed at one point as if Mauricio Pochettino’s men were going to catch the Foxes.

However, Leicester kept picking up narrow wins and, in the end, the pressure became too much for the Lilywhites, whose draw at Stamford Bridge in a game famously dubbed ‘the battle of the bridge’, saw Claudio Ranieri’s side being crowned Champions.

Once the title went away from their grasp, Spurs slipped up in their final couple of matches of the campaign and eventually ended up coming in third place.

In a shock revelation, Simpson has now revealed that Clattenburg chose not to send Danny Drinkwater off in a game against Newcastle as he wanted Leicester to win the title over Tottenham.

The 36-year-old said on Under The Cosh: “I remember Clattenburg mate, wow.

“I think he should’ve sent someone off. He said something like, I should’ve sent you off there but I want youse to win it. I think it was Drinky (Drinkwater).

“Mate that was mad. That was mad you know, I swear to God. Good job there’s no VAR.

“I had to pretend I didn’t hear it. Inside I thought, yeah, we’re doing this.”

Spurs Web Opinion

It is quite possible that Clattenburg meant this as a joke.

However, if not, and if he did genuinely mean what he said, it is quite a serious offence and one that the Premier League needs to investigate immediately.

34:15

Conscious or not, there were so many teams that folded for Leicester that season.

And don't forget the insane levels of fitness they had which some have said was as a result of the players chewing was it snuff or something before a game.

Ranieri had previous for doping players also.

If we had beaten Leicester at the Lane we would have probably gone on and won it. Who was the ref in that game, shouldn't he have sent Huth off in the first half before he scored the winner in the 2nd?

The whole game is rigged anyway and as rolling boh said pretty pointless dredging it up.

I'd been inclined to let it go at this stage we were not good enough overall and never really looked like winning it
Case fucking CLOSED!
THAT RAT CUNT CLATTENBURG IS AS BENT AS THEY COME...
whoever paid him, or whether he just hated us anyway makes no odds....

Football is FUCKING RIGGED!
.. and we ain't the ones rigging it!

...and just to prove everyone in football hates us;

It genuinely makes me sick....

If WE had been Woolwich this year, and been genuine challengers to Man City, the football world would STILL have wanted Man City to win... Ahead of us dirty Jews!

And yet David Dein, Roman Abramovitch (and I assume those weird looking Quaker Jew Glazer brothers) are just fine...

It's just a Spurs thing, isn't it?

Last edited:
100% bias towards Leicester for everyone, but never forget the Goons were top, they blew it. We didn’t, we were never top at any stage.

Imagine if Pedro Mendes had played (and scored THAT GOAL) for any one of Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool or Man Utd...

We'd only just be coming out of 15 years of National Mourning.

Clattenburg is a fucking cheat and a fucking paid up member of whatever closed shop nazi football fraternity he chooses to be part of...

I assume he hasn't sacrificed his first born for the riches he had since accrued!

Bent, dodgy narcissistic cunt!

Last edited:
Fuck me, I wish I had never seen this.... Cos it fulfills my worst fears....
And those are fears you DON'T wanna see!

None of it really comes as a shock to spurs fans.
Majority knew that season was bent as fuck. Teams rolled over for them but played us like a cup final. WBA at the lane , Chelsea who downed tools all season but played out of their minds against us, hazard even admitted it .

But whatever, what's done is done

Movie Reaction GIF

Not that it's enough to be the main reason but.... the only way to attach enough romanticism to the club and get the kind of narrative drive that can make refs help you like this?

Poch returning and getting back to a young squad full of angry, energetic runners.

He'd need to do that before getting the narrative going from the media though. That is the problem

Not that it's enough to be the main reason but.... the only way to attach enough romanticism to the club and get the kind of narrative drive that can make refs help you like this?

Poch returning and getting back to a young squad full of angry, energetic runners.

He'd need to do that before getting the narrative going from the media though. That is the problem

Fuck all that........ Decent refs ought to be the goal; not tapping into the fuckery.

It was more than just Clattenberg, I suspect other refs and teams gave them every hand they could along the way.
Also, look at their last 12 games of that season.
Norwich
WBA
Watford
Newcastle
Palace
Southampton
Sunderland
Spam
Swansea
United
Everton
Chelsea

That's the kind of run Arse got at the start of this season that has set them on their way to winning it.

It was more than just Clattenberg, I suspect other refs and teams gave them every hand they could along the way.
Also, look at their last 12 games of that season.
Norwich
WBA
Watford
Newcastle
Palace
Southampton
Sunderland
Spam
Swansea
United
Everton
Chelsea

That's the kind of run Arse got at the start of this season that has set them on their way to winning it.
to be fair the fixtures were done when they would have been one of the favourites to be bottom 6.

Back
Top Bottom