Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stuff like that doesn’t clear up overnight. Even when he plays he is always wanting to fight someone. On top form he is our best full back but I think it’s probably best he goes

I don’t agree about him always wanting to fight someone
He’s aggressive certainly but that’s what we want surely

I think it's more than just the money ... far more about long term planning ...

Rose Out Sessegnon In .... as we don't have 'empty' squad places ....

That's replacing a 29 year old with a 19 year old - so who will likely be the better player in three years?

Danny has 24 months on his contract Ryan will have 60 or maybe 72 when he joins

Danny will go for 25m ... Ryan will cost 25m ... plus or minus a few million either way

Keep him and in two years Danny is worth 0m, but Ryan at 21 could be 50m ...

and from their personal perspectives ...

Danny can have a 'final career fling' with luck at a top European side where he can pick up big wages and a few domestic trophies

Ryan can join a CL club and have the opportunity to establish himself as a possible world class player ... plus a very decent salary as well ....

Even ignoring any personality issues this looks like a great move for all concerned ...

I'd be very surprised if these two deals are not contingent ... Danny Out - Ryan In

Ah, yea, good old "but he is young and could be worth of xx or yy"

Ffs, in football you need squad strength. By this logic it is pretty good business to sell Kane and promote Parrott. I mean Kane's value has reached so high level that it is unlikely to grow too much. But Parrott MIGHT be worth a lot in the future.

I know it is very much over the top comparison. But intentionally so.

I am fed up with this "potentially this and potentially that" mumbo jumbo. We have a really good group together. We need results. If we keep selling proven players at their prime with someone who might have some potential (but who can also flop badly) then why in the world would top players like Kane, Son, Eriksen etc want to waste their time here. When we are not looking to compete today but rather prefer to dream and hope for the future??

And this is coming from someone that has never been real fan of Danny. From someone who very very strongly wanted him gone after this disgraceful interview.

It is matter of principle now.
Right now he is our best option for LB. Sess is huge step back and also might never reach the level Danny is right now as LB.

Ffs, in football you need squad strength. By this logic it is pretty good business to sell Kane and promote Parrott. I mean Kane's value has reached so high level that it is unlikely to grow too much. But Parrott MIGHT be worth a lot in the future.

I am fed up with this "potentially this and potentially that" mumbo jumbo. We have a really good group together. We need results. If we keep selling proven players at their prime with someone who might have some potential (but who can also flop badly) then why in the world would top players like Kane, Son, Eriksen etc want to waste their time here. When we are not looking to compete today but rather prefer to dream and hope for the future??

And this is coming from someone that has never been real fan of Danny. From someone who very very strongly wanted him gone after this disgraceful interview.

Right now he is our best option for LB. Sess is huge step back and also might never reach the level Danny is right now as LB.

Danny has played less than 50% of our games for the last three years, if that's our best LB option we're screwed .... it seems everyone recognizes that apart from you ... we have Davies and Vertonghen who can play LB it's not a position we are weak in, Sessegnon represents the possible future in a year or two's time ... it's called forward planning

The Kane comparison? plain daft .... Kane plays 90% of our games, he has no direct back-up, he's 25 and on a five year contract .... but apart from that he's just like Danny ....

Danny is a decent older player, nursing a tired body whilst running down his contract ... that's Woolwich or West Ham material no longer close to Spurs quality

The manager doesn’t agree with you, you have to trust Poch’s judgment. Has he been wrong about a single player that he has put on the transfer list in his time here? Who would you bring back of the players he has shipped out?

Ever since he did that interview two summers ago his card was marked, he used to be “Poch’s son” and now he’s just another player. He’s got a poor injury record and he is open to moving. So let him move. Poch warned us that the rebuild would be painful but we have to trust his decisions. If he thinks a players time is up then he’s probably right.

144 games in 12 years ( granted 3 or 4 on loan) isnt a hell of a lot considering Dele has played 131 games already, I suppose it shows the importance of the player and the position they play in.
If he goes I will be sad for a while but players come and go and we will carry on.

The manager doesn’t agree with you, you have to trust Poch’s judgment. Has he been wrong about a single player that he has put on the transfer list in his time here? Who would you bring back of the players he has shipped out?

Ever since he did that interview two summers ago his card was marked, he used to be “Poch’s son” and now he’s just another player. He’s got a poor injury record and he is open to moving. So let him move. Poch warned us that the rebuild would be painful but we have to trust his decisions. If he thinks a players time is up then he’s probably right.

Yeah, this says it all, really. Just came here to say I don't want him to go, but you've made a good point. I just find it hard to imagine someone coming in with his heart and drive. When he's on form, he's give us all a boost, both in attack and in grit. Whatever happens, I hope he's happy with it.

🌹

Any rumours on where Rose might be headed? What fee do you think he is worth? 2 years left on his contract, below average injury record, well documented outspoken attitude and diagnosed with depression.

Clearly he won't want to drop to a lower level team or have a reduced salary; so I'd say his options may be limited.

Southampton / Newcastle / Palace could show interest. Maybe even City or United if they are looking for an experienced backup.

Back
Top Bottom