Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This all seems very strange unless theres something going on that we dont know about. No rumours of asking for a move, nothing. Very odd.

As for a replacement I dont see Sessegnon ultimately playing there... more of a wingback/winger now I think? Probably Davies first choice and potentially KWP as backup with Jan to play there if desperate...
If really desperate we can play Lloris as LB.

Last edited:
I have a lot of mixed emotions about Rose.

His ascendence to the first team and his subsequent rise to become of the best leftbacks in the country, then his injury issues made worse by that boneheaded interview...

My preference had switched to Davies a couple of years ago but I must say we saw the old Rose again towards the end of the season, I no longer wanted him in the team at the start of last season but I have come to change my mind, would like to see him stay - he has proved he is good enough again.

Would hate to lose rose without a viable option in the works. I don't think Sessegnon is a PL quality defender and I don't like KWP there being a right footer. I can live with Aurier/Foyth/KWP on the right, but Davies and ??? on the left seems like an absolute misuse of the window.

Flopped? Get off it.

He didn't excel for sure, but that's hardly the same as flopping given all the circumstances. Three managers in the same season, in a team drained off all confidence and with no structure due to way too many new players in one summer. All while having his first season in the PL as a very young man.
It was not easy for him but he still flopped. He got dropped by all three managers and barely had a good game.

Fulham overall were shit but Chambers, Babel, Mitrovic et al managed to impress and they aren't exactly world class players.

Forgive Alli's weaknesses and forgive Rose's? Dele is a different level ability and output wise to Rose. I'm sure you're a fine Spurs fan but to compare these two quality wise is chalk and cheese.

Dele is a young player, has won two player of the year awards at his age level and has outscored Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes etc at his age. Rose was probably on loan somewhere like Sunderland at Dele's age (don't quote me on that one)

I am still astounded at the levels even Spurs fans see Dele. In him we genuinely have one of the countries gems it amazes me how different we all see him but to me he's a proper footballer just needing a little bit of time to get his rhythm again.

It's a million miles away comparing Rose and Dele in my opinion, even though I rate Rose and would rather see him stay.

I didn't mean Rose was nearly as good as Dele Alli but was saying that we should be more patient with British players in general. Rose hasn't been injuried recently and he can have a very succesful season this year

I didn't mean Rose was nearly as good as Dele Alli but was saying that we should be more patient with British players in general. Rose hasn't been injuried recently and he can have a very succesful season this year

But Danny has two years left on his current deal, meaning that if we don't sell now we won't get a good fee for him. He has also constantly spoken out about he club and it's policies and suggested we should pay him what he thinks he's worth, similar to the notion Toby had which ultimately has apparently left Alderweireld with no suitors.

I like Rose and I would rather see him stay but he lost a lot of love from many quarters when he sold his story to The Sun. Alex Ferguson used to sell players at the right time to do what's best for the club, maybe Pochettino has chosen to do the same.

For me I didn't like Danny sayinat the end of the season that we have a track record of selling players 29-30 years of age, it's a complete lie and lacks substance and it resurfaced my ill feeling of him after he took the piss out of our transfer policies, the very same policies that saw us actually sign him when he was looking for a chance to crack it at the big time. I hope he stays but I trust the club on this one.

But Danny has two years left on his current deal, meaning that if we don't sell now we won't get a good fee for him. He has also constantly spoken out about he club and it's policies and suggested we should pay him what he thinks he's worth, similar to the notion Toby had which ultimately has apparently left Alderweireld with no suitors.

I like Rose and I would rather see him stay but he lost a lot of love from many quarters when he sold his story to The Sun. Alex Ferguson used to sell players at the right time to do what's best for the club, maybe Pochettino has chosen to do the same.

For me I didn't like Danny sayinat the end of the season that we have a track record of selling players 29-30 years of age, it's a complete lie and lacks substance and it resurfaced my ill feeling of him after he took the piss out of our transfer policies, the very same policies that saw us actually sign him when he was looking for a chance to crack it at the big time. I hope he stays but I trust the club on this one.
That is the club adjusting to “player power”. Sign young players to long contracts, then with 2 years left it will be decision time: extend or sell.

Would hate to lose rose without a viable option in the works. I don't think Sessegnon is a PL quality defender and I don't like KWP there being a right footer. I can live with Aurier/Foyth/KWP on the right, but Davies and ??? on the left seems like an absolute misuse of the window.

To you and everyone else panicking about Sessengon not being ready or being sarcastic about Lloris, KWP, Son or whoever... We DO currently have another LB you know. :pochrolleyes:

Last edited:
That is the club adjusting to “player power”. Sign young players to long contracts, then with 2 years left it will be decision time: extend or sell.

Good.... Glad to see it.. Shitty landscape but can only welcome the club being willing to learn from the mistakes of our own or others.

Last edited:

Why would we not resign Rose at 29 but buy Bale, who happens to be 30 for £50m?

I have a lot of mixed emotions about Rose.

His ascendence to the first team and his subsequent rise to become of the best leftbacks in the country, then his injury issues made worse by that boneheaded interview...

My preference had switched to Davies a couple of years ago but I must say we saw the old Rose again towards the end of the season, I no longer wanted him in the team at the start of last season but I have come to change my mind, would like to see him stay - he has proved he is good enough again.
Think most of us have mixed emotions about him TBH.

Back
Top Bottom