Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let me start by saying I'll be right behind him through every game he plays for us from now until the end of the season.

However, and I don't speak against players too often, I think he is a player that needs to be replaced this summer. I know gentle Ben has his detractors on here but he is far more reliable than Rose.

He's past his prime.
He's not the answer in central midfield.

I wanted him gone after the S*n fiasco but he is still here and that would be ok if he was performing but he isn't. Worse still, he is becoming a liability.

I'm not a massive fan of Rose but he's spot on about this. If football wanted to kick out racism they could definitely make a greater impact than they are now. The sanctions have to be severe but when debate about Chav racist chanting always moves to debate about our Yid chants you can see that the desire isn't really there.

Racism is taught. It isn't something we're born with. It's about time football got serious about leading the way in stamping it out.

Is it any wonder he’s had enough of the stuff in football that isn’t related to actually playing? The amount of abuse he gets must be very hard to deal with. Danny Rose has been through some serious mental health issues, people forget that footballers are people as well.
Spot on. I was genuinely ashamed of those tweets aimed at him when he signed a new contract in 2014 - which almost certainly were the reason that he left Twitter.

Good lord, it's another reason to qualify for the CL right there... you're surely a lot less likely to get racist abuse there than at some of the grounds in the Europa league.

Spot on. I was genuinely ashamed of those tweets aimed at him when he signed a new contract in 2014 - which almost certainly were the reason that he left Twitter.

Good lord, it's another reason to qualify for the CL right there... you're surely a lot less likely to get racist abuse there than at some of the grounds in the Europa league.
Juventus: Hold my beer.

Even when he's publicly questioning ambition and salaries?

Maybe even especially then.

I understand why Poch was upset, but Rose was dead right, and he's a prideful guy, and if you want players with the self-belief and dedication to their craft to play the way Poch demands his players play, you'll be dealing with people that have things to say.

It could have been handled better, but I want Rose to be himself. Harry Kane is a cyborg and his media personality reflects that, and he's a wonderful credit to the club as well. It takes all kinds.

I understand why Poch was upset, but Rose was dead right, and he's a prideful guy, and if you want players with the self-belief and dedication to their craft to play the way Poch demands his players play, you'll be dealing with people that have things to say.

It could have been handled better, but I want Rose to be himself. Harry Kane is a cyborg and his media personality reflects that, and he's a wonderful credit to the club as well. It takes all kinds.

I don't agree. Whilst he is employed by the club he should keep any criticisms private between him and the club.

He can say what he wants when he retires and writes his autobiography but whilst a member of the club, keep it inhouse.

Was he bollocks. There's questioning and then there's talking shit, and insulting the club that has made you a millionaire several times over and paid you a handsome millionaires salary whilst you are out injured for months on end, your fellow team mates (who are so shit he had to google) after he was signed from fucking Leeds youth team, and your manager who'd improved you immensely and treated you as a friend.

And he's fucking over rated too. No composure going forward and isn't a brilliant defender either.

Back
Top Bottom