Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I might be the only one, but I LOVE the Tripps/Rose combo... I KNOW MOTD2 highlighted their positional deficiencies, but in terms of the team spirit, morale and camaraderie they provide the team... that can't be sniffed at during THIS stage of the season.

Plus, if EITHER of them DID put Vardy off enough yesterday to make Lloris's job easier, then that in itself is worth is weight in gold.
Pivotal moment that.

This experiment in central midfield is interesting, but hes so very left footed. Could cause problems in a congested midfield when he cant get on his left

Such an unstable player a very low football IQ. Apparently he cannot play more than 1 game in 2 weeks so he is not even worth selling for the peanuts we would receive in return.

Danny Rose is daft as a brush, we all know this. Like Walker he is a great athlete but not a great defender, there is a reason why Ben Davies was the first the choice in the previous two seasons.

I would be very surprised if he starts the next game.

yet another individual error leading to a crucial goal against us today. Danny hasn't been the biggest culprit so far but there's been roughly 10-12 individual errors from out defenders this season leading to crucial goals.

I'm still absolutely shocked Danny has done that today. That's so poor and when you add upnwhat Sanchez, Hugo, Trippier & Foyth have done across key games this season it's so painful knowing that 7-10 points have been lost because of reckless errors.

Errors against Man City, Burnley, Chelsea, Man U, Woolwich, Southampton, all at crucial moments in the game has turned the tide too frequently. How can Danny dummy it when he's a couple of yards away from goal and hasn't got a clue what's behind him? Mental defending

How can Danny dummy it when he's a couple of yards away from goal and hasn't got a clue what's behind him? Mental defending

He did it because he think's he's not a left wing back. He's a much better midfielder. Defending is far too grubby an occupation. Unfortunately he isn't and it isn't.

Yesterday he forgot what defenders are there for - stop goals. It's not your job to initiate the next attack. There are far better players than you to do this.

In my experience most defenders (and goalkeepers) think they're Pele, Cruyff, Messi or Beckenbauer. They're not.

Rule 1 in the defender's handbook. If in doubt, put it into the stands. What VVD did today - kicked the ball clean out of Anfield. They can't score if the ball is 50m away.

He did it because he think's he's not a left wing back. He's a much better midfielder. Defending is far too grubby an occupation. Unfortunately he isn't and it isn't.

Yesterday he forgot what defenders are there for - stop goals. It's not your job to initiate the next attack. There are far better players than you to do this.

In my experience most defenders (and goalkeepers) think they're Pele, Cruyff, Messi or Beckenbauer. They're not.

Rule 1 in the defender's handbook. If in doubt, put it into the stands. What VVD did today - kicked the ball clean out of Anfield. They can't score if the ball is 50m away.

He didn't sense danger, he genuinely thought there was nothing behind him and it's cost us a goal. You can't do that, especially when you're a goal up in a crucial game. The team gift too many goals to our opposition and we don't see any other big team do that.

We've conceded as many from set pieces and individual errors as Liverpool have conceded altogether all season pretty much. That comes down to mentality in my book. We've got to find the right mix of battling as well as playing it out from the back. I admire the footballing philosophy but when you start leaking goals because of it, something has come undone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom