Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everytime I see this thread on the first page I always have the same line of thought , "what has he said now "

He was excellent the other night though

“It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him,” said left-back Rose. “It’s exactly what he deserves.

“What he has done here in the last four or five years has been amazing. Not only for myself, but the club. He has transformed how others think of us outside the club and he has transformed how we think of ourselves, and how we approach big games.

“The belief he gives everybody is just amazing. For example, Kyle Walker-Peters made a mistake in Barcelona, but that will not affect what the manager thinks of him. He will stick with Kyle no matter what. That’s the sort of man he is, once you win his trust it will take an awful lot to break that. He has been amazing for myself and this club, and we hope he is here for a very long time".

“It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than what we have. The manager, or the club, did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any signings in January.”

Asked why he believes Spurs will not sign anybody in the January transfer window, Rose added: “Well, I’ve not heard anything, so I am guessing. For him (Pochettino) to do what he has done and what he is doing now speaks volumes of him. Like I said, it’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him and we hope he stays for a really long time.”

“We’ve gone to Barcelona and got a result,” said Rose. “Hopefully, the rest of Europe will take notice of that and fear being drawn against us in the next round. We’ve proved ourselves against the top teams in Europe, so roll on the next round. We’re looking forward to it whoever we get.”

“It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him,” said left-back Rose. “It’s exactly what he deserves.

“What he has done here in the last four or five years has been amazing. Not only for myself, but the club. He has transformed how others think of us outside the club and he has transformed how we think of ourselves, and how we approach big games.

“The belief he gives everybody is just amazing. For example, Kyle Walker-Peters made a mistake in Barcelona, but that will not affect what the manager thinks of him. He will stick with Kyle no matter what. That’s the sort of man he is, once you win his trust it will take an awful lot to break that. He has been amazing for myself and this club, and we hope he is here for a very long time".

“It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than what we have. The manager, or the club, did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any signings in January.”

Asked why he believes Spurs will not sign anybody in the January transfer window, Rose added: “Well, I’ve not heard anything, so I am guessing. For him (Pochettino) to do what he has done and what he is doing now speaks volumes of him. Like I said, it’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him and we hope he stays for a really long time.”

“We’ve gone to Barcelona and got a result,” said Rose. “Hopefully, the rest of Europe will take notice of that and fear being drawn against us in the next round. We’ve proved ourselves against the top teams in Europe, so roll on the next round. We’re looking forward to it whoever we get.”

Nice quotes. Really touching stuff.

Too bad it didn’t come from any other player at the club

“.....oh and I WILL get what I’m worth mwaahaaahaaaaaa”

*allegedly*

There are times when it's better to keep quiet, as no matter how complimentary your comments are, there are journalists who will twist them to fit their agenda. Better stick to what you're paid to do IMO. He was back to his best on Tuesday but as mentioned, if you can't be inspired by playing in a crucial game against Barcelona at the Nou Camp, then you seriously need to think about another career.

We need the old Danny rose back . Davies can defend , but offers nothing past the half way line. Definitely start him in the league cup game

Nothing wrong with anything he's said.

Supporters bemoan players for being dissociated from the paying fans, well here is a footballer who speaks like a fan.

Sometimes he has over stepped the mark or not been as savy as he could of been with regard to comments but it is a fine line to tread and the press are fucking snakes. The supporters and the manager have made their opinions on that incident clear, the opportunity came for him to leave and for whatever reason it didnt happen and we have all moved on.

Ultimately a fit and firing Danny Rose is something we all want to see.

Just go and watch the goal he scored against Chelsea when we fucking spanked them on NYD a few years back and tell me there isn't a more committed player on the field when Rose is on it.

Oh look, the media misquoting again.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino deserves the Real Madrid job - Danny Rose | Daily Mail Online
Pochettino is in demand after turning Spurs into a competitive force in the Champions League — and full back Danny Rose believes that he ‘deserves’ the chance to manage a club like Real or Manchester United.

Here is the direct quote later in the article:
"It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than we have. The manager did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any in January. It speaks volumes of how good he is. It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him. It’s exactly what he deserves."

The fact that big name clubs want him and he's deserving of that praise is a bit different than saying Rose thinks he deserves to manage at Real or MU. Stupid fucking cunts.

The dickhead at the i newspaper also trying to spin Rose’s quotes into a warning about no transfer dealings.

He’s been rightly pulled up on his interpretation and not actually properly representing the quotes.

The dickhead at the i newspaper also trying to spin Rose’s quotes into a warning about no transfer dealings.

He’s been rightly pulled up on his interpretation and not actually properly representing the quotes.

That's all true. But why is he giving them the ammo in the first place?

He isn't involved in transfers. He should just say nothing. It creates unnecesssary headaches for Poch.

Yeah, we all know you'd suck anyone off that alluded to Levy being a tight cunt.
Is it true John that your Mrs still gives you pocket money because you can't be trusted with your wages, say's "you'd spunk it on a new suit every week".
:levyeyes:x
Nah.

Mr Byrite doesn't exist anymore.
Maybe that's the source of the hatred. Mr Byrite wouldn't let him return a suit he had spunked on

Rose's biggest problem is that he assumes Spurs fans in general are not brain dead. He thinks as a fanbase we have the mental capacity to see through clickbait cunt journalism.

He's wrong. We want our fake cliche prat footballers. We wana hear how "buzzing" and "over the moon" the players are.

Rose's biggest problem is that he assumes Spurs fans in general are not brain dead. He thinks as a fanbase we have the mental capacity to see through clickbait cunt journalism.

He's wrong. We want our fake cliche prat footballers. We wana hear how "buzzing" and "over the moon" the players are.

Tbf with some of the stuff he's said previously it's very easy to believe they aren't misquoting him

I don’t think he has said anything particularly out of order. And I know it’s difficult if you’re asked a direct question, but when pushed on why he thinks we won’t do any business in Jan he said...

“Well, I’ve not heard anything, so I am guessing.”

That’s his mistake this time. I’m with Team Tanguy Team Tanguy players should probably just keep it fairly banal. Let those who know what’s going on give the sound bites.

Damn it Danny.
There was nothing outrageous in what he said, but so much of it can be shown in whatever light. Also I think that context matters here - if he would not have said all the other things before, it would feel more reasonable.

I mean it is okay to compliment the gaffer, but mentioning in the same sentence smth like he deserves something better than Spurs is bit weird.
Just like it is ok to point out that there have been constraints in some areas and despite that we have done well. But why in the world would you say that we will not sign anyone in Jan? I mean he is not the scout and is not aware of what is actually going on. Just say so. Because that part to me (direct quote, not the interpretations) felt negative. Maybe more because what he has said previously...

I mean it is okay to compliment the gaffer, but mentioning in the same sentence smth like he deserves something better than Spurs is bit weird.

He never said anything about "deserving better than Spurs", he said Pochettino deserved the attention he was getting, which is common sense. Also we have no idea how the hack phrased the question.

He was fantastic Tuesday, that's the only thing I care about re Danny Rose at the minute

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom