Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That long run where he nutmegged their player and advanced like 50 yards was pretty cool. Then he ended up on the right side of the box and almost slipped Kane in with a reverse pass.

Needed to ditch the braids and go back to skin fades.

I have slated Danny for some of his comments, but this doesn't bother me in the least.

Not an honour to play at Wembley - Not "Not an Honour to play for Spurs"

Itching to get to new stadium

we have to stick together.

All good stuff, he hasn't slated Spurs or the fans in any way and he's only saying what we all think.

Yeah - I imagine every player in the dressing room, even Poch, thinks the same as Rose in this situation.

Nothing wrong with what he's said it all. In fact it's what we've all been saying all season. The novelty wore off last season.

My ‘thing’ with Rose is I’ve always thought he was and excellent and committed left back, at times one of the best in the division and I give him extra respect for doing it when giving away a lot in stature to his opponents and long before he finally got England recognition. I also spend a lot of time in ‘real life’ either singing his praises as a footballer or defending some of the decisions he make as I truly believe we are a significantly weaker without him, especially against top teams.

My other thing him about him is when he got injured he made some quite damning egotistical comments, some of which alluded to fans not supporting him or not giving him enough credit for his improvement under Poch, about how he’s not respected, nor paid enough etc. I still think he has been a huge loss over the last two years but I don’t particularly like the comments he has made about how hard it is for HIM to play at Wembley, or represent the views of the other players when he’s barely played there and is battling to try and warn his place back in the tens. As he is sensitive to fans opinions I am suggesting he think a little more about statements like these, but it’s apparent I am the sensitive one and we can leave it there.

Yeah - I imagine every player in the dressing room, even Poch, thinks the same as Rose in this situation.

Nothing wrong with what he's said it all. In fact it's what we've all been saying all season. The novelty wore off last season.

I’m not uncomfortable about Rose saying he doesn’t like playing at Wembley, it gives me an insight into his attitude and where his focus is. I just don’t think it helps the team by giving opponents an inkling of weakness or dissatisfaction within the team.

He was fucking incredible tonight, would of loved for him to kept his composure and secured us the win at the end because he would of deserved it, but that was the 2016 danny rose back from the dead

Phenomenal performance. Fingers crossed he hasn't picked up any niggle or knock(as he usually does when he plays 90 mins) and we start seeing some consistent performances again. His tackling, power and even physique tonight were all reminiscent of 2016 Rose.

Is he .. back?

Loads of times I thought he overran it or showed too much but then old school Rose pace and acceleration kicked in too!

I think everyone left who doesn't like him can now draw a line under it. He battled for us like a warrior.

Looked very on it last night (but if you are not on it and up for it at the Camp nou what are you doing?). More of that please.

Rest him on the weekend and let him have at the Goons in the League cup

Oh look, the media misquoting again.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino deserves the Real Madrid job - Danny Rose | Daily Mail Online
Pochettino is in demand after turning Spurs into a competitive force in the Champions League — and full back Danny Rose believes that he ‘deserves’ the chance to manage a club like Real or Manchester United.

Here is the direct quote later in the article:
"It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than we have. The manager did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any in January. It speaks volumes of how good he is. It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him. It’s exactly what he deserves."

The fact that big name clubs want him and he's deserving of that praise is a bit different than saying Rose thinks he deserves to manage at Real or MU. Stupid fucking cunts.

Nothing wrong with those comments.
And he's a lot more qualified to talk about our lack of signings and Poch working miracles than any of us on here
Yeah, we all know you'd suck anyone off that alluded to Levy being a tight cunt.
Is it true John that your Mrs still gives you pocket money because you can't be trusted with your wages, say's "you'd spunk it on a new suit every week".
:levyeyes:x

And he's a lot more qualified to talk about our lack of signings and Poch working miracles than any of us on here

I quite agree John. However, the point is not necessarily that money isn’t made available, it’s simply that the manager “did not make any signings in the summer, and he is probably not going to make any in January”

Nowhere in the article is there a quote from Danny saying Levy didn’t give Pochettino any money.

Nasty click bait headlining which paints Danny in a bad light. Something he really doesn’t need any help with.

Shame really because it seemed quite a sensible balanced article other than making up that detail in my view.

It could be simply because I got woken up by the fucking leaf blowers again but something about Rose's comments have irritated me. It's the tone. It's like he is putting players' and individual careers before the club...again.

"It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him,” ...“It’s exactly what he deserves"
"He has transformed how others think of us outside the club"
"Like I said, it’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him"

I don't like his tone one bit

It could be simply because I got woken up by the fucking leaf blowers again but something about Rose's comments have irritated me. It's the tone. It's like he is putting players' and individual careers before the club...again.

"It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him,” ...“It’s exactly what he deserves"
"He has transformed how others think of us outside the club"
"Like I said, it’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him"

I don't like his tone one bit
"We hope he stays for a really long time.”

“He has transformed how others think of us outside the club and he has transformed how we think of ourselves and how we approach big games. The belief he gives everybody is just amazing.”

I love his tone tbh

Back
Top Bottom