Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose is playing much better.

We're also better off banking on Rose becoming half the player he was because that's still better than Davies (who is fine as a 2nd choice LB).

Conclusion: Play Rose

In the light of yet another injury spell I looked into stats and found that since the end of 15/16 season we have used him for total of 3563 minutes (equivalent to roughly 40 full games)
During that time our total playing time has been 11 250 minutes. That is 32% of the time.

At the same time Dembele has played 5786 minutes (roughly 64 games; 51% of total time) and I hear that "he is finished", "he cannot stay fit", "he is on decline" etc. Well if Dembele is all that then it is very clear that Danny is already finished.

He ain't no spring chicken either, at the end of the season he will be 29... very alarming to me at least.

Well, I doubt whether Rose will be at Spurs at the start of next season.

If we sell him now, his value have decreased and we have paid wages for unavailable player for most of the time...
Currently I still think that we should have disposed of him right away then. Now I very much doubt that big (read rich) clubs want him any more...

If we sell him now, his value have decreased and we have paid wages for unavailable player for most of the time...
Currently I still think that we should have disposed of him right away then. Now I very much doubt that big (read rich) clubs want him any more...

I imagine the new stadium will have some form of time travel so i wouldnt sweat it

I like Davies but I think we’re in serious need of a LB whose able to attack the box more. Davies is decent in defense and an OK crosser, but I’ve always thought he’s poor at penetrating the box and forcing the issue. That is/was Rose’s forte.

I like Davies but I think we’re in serious need of a LB whose able to attack the box more. Davies is decent in defense and an OK crosser, but I’ve always thought he’s poor at penetrating the box and forcing the issue. That is/was Rose’s forte.

Yea, depends.
If last year Davies would return, we'd be in decent position. Not always so important to have a run to box himself.
But this season his form has taken a massive dip, so yea, I am also quite concerned about our LB options now...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, would have been great if we had sold him for a premium fee and he would have then been injury prone for his new club....but it doesn't really work out like that for us, does it?

We definitely missed our golden chance to get rid of him, but he also brought that on himself by running his big mouth last summer. Add in his chronic injury problems and nobody is going to pay decent money, certainly not a top team.

We should try and use him as part of a deal for Sessegnon or Chilwell.

I’ve defended him and his outbursts / loss of form quite a lot, perhaps based on his peak performance levels for us but I am starting to get bored of Danny’s interviews or certainly some of the headline grabbing statements he makes:

My feedback:
1 - it’s an honour to play for Spurs at any ground
2 - you’ve barely played for us since we moved to Wembley
3 - given your bleating about wages and travelling distances away from your native home, do you not factor in the attendance drop is due to the money saving of a refund to miss a midweek gameagainst a minor prem team, in the lead up until Christmas in a ground that isn’t really our home and wasn’t supposed to still be?
4 - Concentrate on the footy and just give platitudes if you are forced to give an interview. This will help focus you on what’s important and minimise any potential social media backlash or fan disengagement which I think deep down is more important to you than some of the other players which is why a lot of us were big fans of yours in the first place.

He is a shadow of what he was for 12 months, he needs to keep his mouth shut and try and reclaim a place as a starter for us. I do not believe he will though. He has been here for more than 10 years ( i know he has had a couple of loans in that time) but apart from a 12-18 month spell he has been average at best. At times it was like watching Bambi on ice last night as his opposing players left him flat footed.

Last edited:
I’ve defended him and his outbursts / loss of form quite a lot, perhaps based on his peak performance levels for us but I am started to get bored of Danny’s interviews or certainly some of the headline grabbing statements he makes:

My feedback:
1 - it’s an honour to play for Spurs at any ground
2 - you’ve barely played for us since we moved to Wembley
3 - given your bleating about wages and travelling distances away from your native home, do you not factor in the attendance drop is due to the money saving of a refund to miss a midweek gameagainst a minor prem team, in the lead up until Christmas in a ground that isn’t really our home and wasn’t supposed to still be?
4 - Concentrate on the footy and just give platitudes if you are forced to give an interview. This will help focus you on what’s important and minimise any potential social media backlash or fan disengagement which I think deep down is more important to you than some of the other players which is why a lot of us were big fans of yours in the first place.

He is a shadow of what he was for 12 months, he needs to keep his mouth shut and try and reclaim a place as a starter for us. I do not believe he will though. He has been here for more than 10 years ( i know he has had a couple of loans in that time) but apart from a 12-18 month spell he has been average at best. At times it was like watching Bambi on ice last night as his opposing players left him flat footed.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from. He may have a point with the Wembley thing but that's a separate issue. Everything he says in the media to me always seems to be accompanied by an undertone of resentment and bitterness towards the club.

He is resentful and bitter towards the club. There is probably a justified reason for it even if the reaction isn't great. What I mean by that is it seems he towed the line and cared more than Walker and got less reward for it. What he says is no longer alarming or wrong but it is annoying to read as a headline. I genuinely wanted him to leave when his stock was high and it looked like he wanted out. I think it would have been great for all parties. Similar to Arry and the England talk, wish we would just strike when the iron is hot. The main issue for the club is it is easier to sack a manager than a player when they get something wrong.

Back
Top Bottom