Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked sharp and solid last night.

Playing Kane was ludicrous in the friendly. He needs a rest. Playing Rose was sensible. He needs games. And confidence. Both would have been aided.

Rose played well but always the context has to be the opponent.

But it will remain thus with me forever, that the only thing that convinces me is consistency.

Right now Rose ain't consistent but he may easily have played himself into the team for Saturday.

He'll only get better by playing consistently. There's been absolutely no reason why he should be dropped other than for the League Cup in the week.

Let him keep his place. He's doing fine.

Unless you indulge in close harmony singing, have an aversion to the use of vowels in words and shower others in spittle when you speak, you would have to be certifiably insane to think that Ben Davies is a better wing back/full back than Danny Rose

Unless you indulge in close harmony singing, have an aversion to the use of vowels in words and shower others in spittle when you speak, you would have to be certifiably insane to think that Ben Davies is a better wing back/full back than Danny Rose

.. But... But.. Rose has never in one season got more assists than Davies got last season.. So he CANNOT be better.

:roseunsure:

Suppose Sterling is better than Hazard too.

I think it's quite ridiculous to have watched Ben Davies play virtually every game last season and produce better numbers than Rose in his best season and then say it's certifiably insane to think he's a better left-back than Rose. The same Rose who almost cost us a win against Brighton with 2 minutes of typically brain dead defending.

They are both good players and both have some flaws, neither are ever going to play for Real Madrid. Davies is more consistent in the final third, less injury prone and more composed in defending. He's not the quickest and can sometimes get roasted by nippy opponents. Rose is faster and more aggressive but also thick. He gives away absurd free kicks every game and is prone to just whacking the ball out of play when in a crossing position.

At the moment Rose is playing better than Davies but nobody has really nailed down that position yet. Rose showed in those final minutes at Brighton that he still cannot be trusted fully.

It depends which Rose turns up.

Also his off pitch antics have left a sour taste. We were successful with Davies in the side and he's just been thrown out in favour of Rose.

I appreciate the practicality of it as we want to win however, a lot of people constantly go on about "doing things the right way" and supporting the club. Fairly meaningless if we throw players under the bus and promote disrespectful players

Not really. Where and when, explain please? They both looked average at best.

Rose's performance against Brighton, regardless of the goal, was better than any performance from Davies this season in my opinion.

But both far from their absolute best for us and rotating them every single week can't help either of them. It's the one thing I dislike about Pochettino. Rose probably doesn't deserve to be dropped and he really shouldn't be so should keep his place in the team. A run of games will be good for him. Davies can play in the cup games for now until his chance comes again.

It depends which Rose turns up.

Also his off pitch antics have left a sour taste. We were successful with Davies in the side and he's just been thrown out in favour of Rose.

I appreciate the practicality of it as we want to win however, a lot of people constantly go on about "doing things the right way" and supporting the club. Fairly meaningless if we throw players under the bus and promote disrespectful players

Davies hasn’t been thrown out. He started against Inter but played very poorly. He needs to up his game, they all do.

Unfortunately for me he is playing quite well.

The truth is that if he hadn't gone rogue he would be captain material.

Now I view anything he says with irritation.

Play as you are Rose and shut the fcuk up.

Traitor in my eyes always.

I thought he was great Saturday, but that's probably because he was good going forward and we won.
If we'd have lost I'd have moaning about him not getting back enough

Back
Top Bottom