Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed but in Crouch’s case he didn’t want to leave at all but Levy said “you’re fucking going “ and that was it so can a player be forced to leave?

Personally I’d let the cunt rot in the reserves for 18 months
It gave Crouch a decision to make.
Rose had a decision to make. He has made it. It is his right to honour the contract in the same way we do by paying it.

Honestly, it actually madness the expectations some folk have around football contracts. Good contracts are unambiguous and objective, yet 90% of fans treat them as if there is a magical appendix that entitles emotion to claim Force Majeure. "We don't like this guy anymore, he must do the honourable thing and leave so we don't have to pay anymore." No, this belief is actually the dishonour of football fans and club managers who believe in it.

Contract formed: honour the cunt and shut the fuck up.

It gave Crouch a decision to make.
Rose had a decision to make. He has made it. It is his right to honour the contract in the same way we do by paying it.

Honestly, it actually madness the expectations some folk have around football contracts. Good contracts are unambiguous and objective, yet 90% of fans treat them as if there is a magical appendix that entitles emotion to claim Force Majeure. "We don't like this guy anymore, he must do the honourable thing and leave so we don't have to pay anymore." No, this belief is actually the dishonour of football fans and club managers who believe in it.

Contract formed: honour the cunt and shut the fuck up.

I think the issue myself and others have Vince is that Danny was saying not 3 years ago? once Walker left that he also wanted a big money move and was angling to go to United, and was airing the clubs dirty laundry to the fucking Sun of all places. Now injury and age have caught him up he's all off a sudden changes his tune to I can't be forced to leave cause I have a contract, basically meaning I know I'm a shadow of my former self and won't earn as much money somewhere else.

And that's a fair enough stance to take he obviously doesn't care about football anymore and just money, but you don't need to announce to the world about it and hint at a problem with the board and manager at the same time.

I get the guys had his personal demons and have respect for opening up about them but it's becoming a almost bi monthly story of him talking shit about the club to the papers. You cant have someone at the club like that. If every other week I was on Facebook slagging off my boss and my place of works downfalls I wouldn't be there long.

Saw someone on twitter suggest that Rose might actually be doing Pochettinos dirty work for him....

I think the issue myself and others have Vince is that Danny was saying not 3 years ago? once Walker left that he also wanted a big money move and was angling to go to United, and was airing the clubs dirty laundry to the fucking Sun of all places. Now injury and age have caught him up he's all off a sudden changes his tune to I can't be forced to leave cause I have a contract, basically meaning I know I'm a shadow of my former self and won't earn as much money somewhere else.

And that's a fair enough stance to take he obviously doesn't care about football anymore and just money, but you don't need to announce to the world about it and hint at a problem with the board and manager at the same time.

I get the guys had his personal demons and have respect for opening up about them but it's becoming a almost bi monthly story of him talking shit about the club to the papers. You cant have someone at the club like that. If every other week I was on Facebook slagging off my boss and my place of works downfalls I wouldn't be there long.
If you're saying he's in breach of his contract by talking to the press, then that's a different and more sensible position to take. Obviously you would need to be familiar with his contract, but if the club hasn't protected itself against such outspoken acts, then don't blame the player.

Shout out to all the mental people in the world! Bare in mind he makes 50k a week.

I don’t understand what his salary has to do with it

He’s come out quite bravely and admitted that he has mental issues so maybe we should cut him some slack although I wish he’d keep his mouth shut and his agent should be taking the same line

Eriksen & Toby running contracts down for own purposes. Jan & Rose because they are not offered an extension by club. For those that say club should get rid when contract down to 2 years, they do try but can only do so if player wants to go.
From clubs point of view if they do not offer new contract like Llorente, he leaves for nothing but if they do they can end up with a player no longer performing and they want out but cannot get rid or replace.
Not easy but whilst not satisfactory and I do wish Rose would have kept it quiet especially as there could be a new Manager soon, I can understand why Levy will not offer a new contract and tried to sell him last summer.

Eriksen & Toby running contracts down for own purposes. Jan & Rose because they are not offered an extension by club. For those that say club should get rid when contract down to 2 years, they do try but can only do so if player wants to go.
From clubs point of view if they do not offer new contract like Llorente, he leaves for nothing but if they do they can end up with a player no longer performing and they want out but cannot get rid or replace.
Not easy but whilst not satisfactory and I do wish Rose would have kept it quiet especially as there could be a new Manager soon, I can understand why Levy will not offer a new contract and tried to sell him last summer.
There is something wrong, 4 players worth over £100m will leave for nothing.

It would appear that he's done.........

tumblr_inline_mmje5bcKQJ1qz4rgp.gif

Unless we can sack him for gross misconduct, and we'd need to have a good reason for that, then we have to pay him until his contract expires.

However we could do what they threatened Crouch with, "you won't get picked, you won't have a squad number and you'll train with the kids".

I assume the comment was based off Rose not being on the initial squad list of those who traveled to Germany despite not being injured.

But it has since been confirmed he has travelled and is in the squad.

Unless Guido does know somrthing else. Spill!

Back
Top Bottom