Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe he is frothing over Sissoko's contract extension?

What if Poch wants to extend his contract, but has been overruled by Levy?
That's another option but it's such a grey area how much influence Levy has. Remember Poch saying he was just a coach and nothing to do with transfers/contracts ? Load of rubbish perhaps but he still said it for some reason.

That's another option but it's such a grey area how much influence Levy has. Remember Poch saying he was just a coach and nothing to do with transfers/contracts ? Load of rubbish perhaps but he still said it for some reason.
Yes. And he said Sissoko's contract extension was nothing to do with him. Supposing he has less say these days, and that is why he has become so sour?

It was quite clear (to me at least) he was simply distancing himself from media's questions about the contract/negotiations aspect of the transfer window.... Nothing more. (Also, worth bearing in mind all managers are typically advised against talking about potential targets trough risk of being accused of 'tapping up' so there's not really anything he can speak freely and with authority about in those situations).

I don't buy for a second the idea that he's not getting a say over who we do and don't try to bring in. In fact we know he's been instrumental in convincing certain players coming in. Also notable to this ends is the numerous players he was reported to have been offered yet said "no" to (eg Tielemans).

Yes. And he said Sissoko's contract extension was nothing to do with him. Supposing he has less say these days, and that is why he has become so sour?

Do you not think that maybe the process "being nothing to do with him" is different to the notion of not having a say as to whether we keep him around.

TBH, I said at the time I think the extention was about strengthening our position for sale; not a commitment to him being here until he's 33 (or however long it takes him to)... I tend to stand by that theory.

I cannot be sure what he meant by it or why he said it.

I tend to think stroppy/'fuck the media' Poch is simply clumsy and less considered with his English.

I'm pretty sure (at least before less dubious current times), if Poch said put 'X' player on the for sale list then Levy would do that rather than dole out a new contract to said player.

Wrong. The last real interest was in summer 17 when we also sold Walker.

There wasn’t even a known club, everyone speculated United.

Like I said before, the shit storm that would’ve been here if we sold both fullbacks.

You’re talking out of your arse
dead on

Apart from individual games, he's been shite ever since his injury.

Did you notice anyone TRYING to buy him in that period? :kanehand:
No I didn't, I dont work for Tottenham Hotspur or Danny Rose. You obvs have access to more than just the mirror and the sun if you KNOW for a fact no one wanted a very decent experienced international LB over the last two years.
We could have got rid of him somewhere ffs

This article suggests Levy has told Rose he's going despite him having the backing of Poch....

We really don't need this kind of publicity...

Whatever happens, the club will go on and whilst it's had players I've been fond of, it's the club I love and will always love until my last dying breath. Some players are so lucky to play or have played for our great club, I only hope a few of them realise that.

If Danny sees out his contract he sees out his contract, the club will go on, always has, always will.

Next summer Danny will be 30 years old. We all know that the club has a policy regarding older players; and Danny will know that too.

I doubt their are any hard feelings. In fact, having worked under contract myself for over 20 year's I respect a client who informs me way in advance that the contract will not be renewed.

Similarly, Jan will be 33 in a few months. We cannot be expected to offer big $ extensions to players who are likely to be more likely to pick up injury and less able to keep up with the pace and demands of Poch's high press system.

Whatever happens, the club will go on and whilst it's had players I've been fond of, it's the club I love and will always love until my last dying breath. Some players are so lucky to play or have played for our great club, I only hope a few of them realise that.

If Danny sees out his contract he sees out his contract, the club will go on, always has, always will.
Absolutely... :thumbup:

Next summer Danny will be 30 years old. We all know that the club has a policy regarding older players; and Danny will know that too.

I doubt their are any hard feelings. In fact, having worked under contract myself for over 20 year's I respect a client who informs me way in advance that the contract will not be renewed.

Similarly, Jan will be 33 in a few months. We cannot be expected to offer big $ extensions to players who are likely to be more likely to pick up injury and less able to keep up with the pace and demands of Poch's high press system.

He's an attacking fullback with 1 assist this season, 7 assists in the last 4 seasons. He hasn't been performing to the standards we desire so I have absolutely no qualms with us not extending. Equally I have no beef with Danny choosing to see out a deal that both parties agreed on. My biggest issue is why, at a time like this for the club who really gave him a big chance when he was a kid that he chose to blurt about internal goings on. Not cool but then again Danny has a history of this kind of lark. Shame really but it is what it is.

His statement on his contract is cobblers.
If an offer comes in for him in January he will look at it and do what he thinks is best for himself. To think he would turn down a good offer that works for him just to see out his contract is nonsense.
He says some weird shit sometimes.

If an offer comes in for him in January he will look at it and do what he thinks is best for himself. To think he would turn down a good offer that works for him just to see out his contract is nonsense.

Correct. His comments are on the spur of the moment with an utter lack of foresight. He is being honest now, just as he was in 2017, but it's of no help to either the club or him. Had he been a bit brighter, he would have kept his mouth shut.

No. His mind's made up. The cunt is going to haunt us from beyond the grave.

Sess must be starter at LB now. Danny shouldn't be anywhere near the first team squad now. Breathes negativity. The club comes first and we can't have anything less than 100% commitment/focus from players.

I support the right of any player to see out their contract. I have no idea why people think it should be any different

Agreed but in Crouch’s case he didn’t want to leave at all but Levy said “you’re fucking going “ and that was it so can a player be forced to leave?

Personally I’d let the cunt rot in the reserves for 18 months

Back
Top Bottom