Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Danny wasn't our best player on Saturday. He was decent but it was Danny being way out of position that allowed McGinn to score and he almost gifted them a second as well by being out of position.

Danny has a tremendous work rate but his positional awareness has hit a bit of a snag lately.

Sorry, I can't agree.

It wasn't Rose's job to pick up the run from McGinn. That was down to Winks/Sissoko/Ndombele.

Rose was last man standing and went to ground trying to protect Lloris's right post. McGinn checked back and made Rose's lunge look a bit silly, but he was doing the right thing.

Why are you constantly so aggressive and nasty. Do you lack the mental fortitude to participate in engaging and thought provoking discussion, without stooping to bullying insults and aggressive remarks?

I must ask you, good sir, to kindly consider the content of your posts before you comment. We must all practice a kinder politics.

Thank you very much,
Who are you? What have you done with Goat?

I thought he was our worst player.

Up there with Lucas and Lamela for sure. But atleast the other two had a hand in goals.

Rose was at fault for ours, offered fuck all in attack bar one cross in 90 minutes, gave away needless fouls.

But hey he does have pashun and shows commitment. So we'll let him off.

Rose was at fault for ours, offered fuck all in attack bar one cross in 90 minutes, gave away needless fouls.

Again, can't agree.

The fault was our midfield not picking up the McGinn run, not Roses. With hindsight he should have stayed on his feet, but it was apparent what he was trying to do.

Against these 'lesser' sides their outlet from defence will be the lump upfield to a centre forward who holds it up or flicks it on for a midfield runner. On Saturday the Mings lump went over Sanchez and their forward's head leaving McGinn to pick it up. We could have worked this out before the game and our midfield should have been aware and picked up the McGinn run.

Rose just happened to be the last man. You may as well blame it on Sanchez or Alderweireld.

I have no problem with our wing backs giving away fouls (as long as it's not in our final third). It shows they're trying to win the ball back.

He wasn't just aggressive, in the first half he was the source of most things creative down the left, as we were pretty clueless everywhere else.

Again, can't agree.

The fault was our midfield not picking up the McGinn run, not Roses. With hindsight he should have stayed on his feet, but it was apparent what he was trying to do.

Against these 'lesser' sides their outlet from defence will be the lump upfield to a centre forward who holds it up or flicks it on for a midfield runner. On Saturday the Mings lump went over Sanchez and their forward's head leaving McGinn to pick it up. We could have worked this out before the game and our midfield should have been aware and picked up the McGinn run.

Rose just happened to be the last man. You may as well blame it on Sanchez or Alderweireld.

I have no problem with our wing backs giving away fouls (as long as it's not in our final third). It shows they're trying to win the ball back.

He wasn't just aggressive, in the first half he was the source of most things creative down the left, as we were pretty clueless everywhere else.

Embarrassingly going to ground wasn't even the first mistake he made for the goal

Again, can't agree.

Is that the first half where Pochettino said we did not look like we knew what we were doing?

Sounds about right then.

Up there with Lucas and Lamela for sure. But atleast the other two had a hand in goals.

I like watching Rose play, he's exciting. He is Sissoko though, his dribbles aren't skilful, it's him steamrollering over the top of players, he wins so many fouls by also drawing the oppo onto him, a bit like a streetwise boxer who draws his opponent onto him on the inside, and asking him to wear himself out absorbing the body punches before he flattens you with a haymaker. His passing can be woeful and as you say yesterday with that one cross aside to Lucas(?) his was very poor.

BUT, whilst I'm all for technically gifted players, Rose's style does have the capacity to lift the team, best shown by his performances towards the end of last season (in particular against Ajax, where he showed the skill of them lost out to his aggression, he was the player that swung that game, or at the very least allowed us back into it, in particular, the home leg). He is relentless and will wear out his opposite number, even if they happen to be a better player on the ball than him. I can live with one or two players within the team like this, so long as they take it to the oppo every game. I don't think he did that yesterday.

Last edited:

Rose was decent. Did a few good things and a few bad things but a solid 6/10.

We will regret not signing Tierney. Rose clearly knew he has regressed and no longer good enough for us. That's why he drove all the way to Watford on deadline day. He wanted us to use the funds from his transfer to sign a good replacement. He is a true Yid.

Last night wasn't his best game, but in all honesty I am surprised nobody has ever properly gone in for Rose. Zinchenko at LB is good but compared to the rest of the team is nothing special, when they reached 100 points they were playing Delph there week in week out. Rose probably wouldn't have commanded a huge fee this summer and for a couple of seasons will be better than Zinchenko IMO.

tenor.gif

He's done.

Shame as he was one of my favourite players during his peak years with us but you just can't defend him now (which is funny, because he can't defend either) - absolutely piss poor in attack, offers absolutely nothing going forward, terrible defensively, for some reason just refuses to get back into position after attacking - I can't remember the last time he had a good game in the league but it's been that long.

We've conceded 4 goals this season. He's played a part in at least 3 of them.

Not a popular opinion, but we need to just start with Davies. Whilst his style isn't popular with those who harbour for the days of 2 and a half years ago when we had lung bursting wing backs, he's at least relatively steady and knows his limitations. Or we need to at least hope Poch can get Sessegnon up to scratch relatively quickly to provide that outlet from the left.

Sessegnon COULD be Rose's 'attacking wing back' replacement in the LONG term...
We just need one on the right side... KWP may be long term too, cos of his relative age... but I think we can do better ability-wise!

Back
Top Bottom