Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Rose & Eriksen are the only two who may leave before the European window closes...
The fact we have signed Sessegnon & Lo Celso tell me we already have replacements lined up... and if they DON'T leave ... then we have ourselves some REAL competition!!
Real competition is what we've been crying out for for years though.
Its what turns perrenial challengers into actual winners

There is still plenty of time for Danny to find a club in Europe, his problem will be that despite his obvious ability his body simply hasn't survived the EPL he manages just 25 games a season that's a back-up player not a reliable starter. Not many clubs will pay 20m and a big salary for that ... the EPL certainly won't so it's Europe, China or maybe the US .... otherwise he will be a squad player for us until he surely goes in January or next summer. Having a player of his quality as a back-up would add depth to the squad, just depends what negatives if any that brings. It would appear that we've decided it's better for all if he leaves sooner rather than later, but who really knows.

There is still plenty of time for Danny to find a club in Europe, his problem will be that despite his obvious ability his body simply hasn't survived the EPL he manages just 25 games a season that's a back-up player not a reliable starter. Not many clubs will pay 20m and a big salary for that ... the EPL certainly won't so it's Europe, China or maybe the US .... otherwise he will be a squad player for us until he surely goes in January or next summer. Having a player of his quality as a back-up would add depth to the squad, just depends what negatives if any that brings. It would appear that we've decided it's better for all if he leaves sooner rather than later, but who really knows.

I hope he stays. I think he will. But yes, being sold next Summer would seem a lock.

His reaction to us scoring and winning didn't suggest he wanted to be somewhere else.
Fire in the belly has certainly never been his problem. Rose strikes me as the kind of guy who is uber-competitive about everything. Like you can’t play a game of backgammon with him unless you want the board flipped over when he’s about to lose.

:roseunsure:

His reaction to us scoring and winning didn't suggest he wanted to be somewhere else.
I think he still has immense feelings for the club. But I also think that he sees himself as phased out already. There aren't many from his "generation" of the locker room left and he most likely thinks that it is time to start a new chapter somewhere else.

As long as he delivers and stays out of trouble he is of course welcome to stay. But I think that for all parties it is probably best for him to move on next summer at the latest.

I thought he looked back to his energetic committed self on Saturday. Flying into challenges, bombing up and down the left, looked genuinely happy when we scored, mentally he seemed to be in a good place.

I think he will stay this season. Right now he can't move anywhere domestically and I just don't think he is the type to go abroad. Poch has probably sat Danny down and asked him for one more year. If he stays fit and well he will be an asset

You can clearly see the failed winger in him. He can't defend for shit. Need Ben Davies to come back and provide a more stable back line.

Apart from their goal, I can't remember any situations in the match where we needed to defend. He's still a good option in these matches. Horses for courses. Pick Davies in matches, where we are likely to be more on the backfoot, and Rose when we're going to be dominating possession.

Do you post this rubbish to elicit a response?

Best and most committed player on the pitch on Saturday. Has to stay.

Stats mean nothing (unless you're a punter). Use your eyes.
Danny wasn't our best player on Saturday. He was decent but it was Danny being way out of position that allowed McGinn to score and he almost gifted them a second as well by being out of position.

Danny has a tremendous work rate but his positional awareness has hit a bit of a snag lately.

Do you post this rubbish to elicit a response?

Best and most committed player on the pitch on Saturday. Has to stay.

Stats mean nothing (unless you're a punter). Use your eyes.

Why are you constantly so aggressive and nasty. Do you lack the mental fortitude to participate in engaging and thought provoking discussion, without stooping to bullying insults and aggressive remarks?

I must ask you, good sir, to kindly consider the content of your posts before you comment. We must all practice a kinder politics.

Thank you very much,

Back
Top Bottom