Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EXCLUSIVE By Pete O’Rourke

Danny Rose has refused to leave Tottenham on deadline day after Daniel Levy tried to sell him to Watford, Football Insider has learned.

Spurs have been willing to listen to offers for the left-back all summer and chairman Levy has worked to engineer a last-gasp transfer to Vicarage Road.

I am reaching my peak and have probably only got one big contract left in me," the England defender told the Sun.
"Time is running out and I do want to win trophies. I don't want to play football for 15 years and not have one trophy or one medal.
"I will say this too, I will play up north. I don't know exactly when but I will get back up north and play some football somewhere. I have been away for over 10 years now and I don't get to see my mum that often.

"I'm not saying I want out, but if something came to me that was concrete, I'd have no qualms about voicing my opinions to anyone at the club."

:dembelefingers:

I don't understand why Rose would've ever been interested in Watford in the first place. Were they willing to pay him more?
Exactly you leave Tottenham to better yourself in your career Watford is a step back in fact two steps! Like Zaha why would he go to Everton financially perhaps but in football terms he might as well stay at palace no different.

I mean if he went to a club up north I'd get that because he's said he wants to play there. Or if he went to PSG, I'd get that. They're a big club and can pay big wages.

But if you're the first choice LB at Spurs, why go to Watford to be first choice LB there?

Exactly you leave Tottenham to better yourself in your career Watford is a step back in fact two steps! Like Zaha why would he go to Everton financially perhaps but in football terms he might as well stay at palace no different.

I think Everton are a bigger club than Palace

Without Zaha they would have gone down and they will still struggle imv

I mean if he went to a club up north I'd get that because he's said he wants to play there. Or if he went to PSG, I'd get that. They're a big club and can pay big wages.

But if you're the first choice LB at Spurs, why go to Watford to be first choice LB there?

Maybe he’s sorted things out with Poch and is staying
I hope so

I think Rose & Eriksen are the only two who may leave before the European window closes...
The fact we have signed Sessegnon & Lo Celso tell me we already have replacements lined up... and if they DON'T leave ... then we have ourselves some REAL competition!!

I think Rose & Eriksen are the only two who may leave before the European window closes...
The fact we have signed Sessegnon & Lo Celso tell me we already have replacements lined up... and if they DON'T leave ... then we have ourselves some REAL competition!!
Considering in the spring the past few years the pervading story has been "Spurs are title contenders when everyone is fit and firing...but they lack depth", I'd much rather us keep everyone, even those with contracts about to run down, and give this season a big push with the depth we've needed for a while.

Ouch ouch.

Anyway good but not great window..

Shame we kept your little Rose. Kiss kiss.
Fucking sizist now are we.....yeah all good mate. No harm no foul bet you'll scream his name like a little bitch when(if) he scores a screamer against Woolwich again though..DANNY, DANNY ROSE, DANNY,DANNY ROSE.....and repeat ad infinitum.

No comparison.

Everton are going for it. Of that there is no doubt.

I get the comments on Watford and Rose but saying it's the same as Zaha to Everton is ignoring the facts.

The truth is Rose thinks he is better than what he is and that he continually shows the club a lack of respect.

It staggers me that fans are so willing to accept his treachery.

Back
Top Bottom