Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'Danny Rose has a responsibility to be an inspiration for young black players' - Jermaine Jenas

Tottenham's Danny Rose can overcome his feelings of resentment towards football and become an inspiration for future black players, Jermaine Jenas has told BBC Radio 5 Live.

England left-back Rose, 28, "can't wait to see the back" of the game because of the lack of action on fans' racism.

Jenas said Rose had a "responsibility" to stand up to abuse like John Barnes and Cyrille Regis did in the 1980s.

"Danny should cherish being a player," his friend and former team-mate said.

"All that passion he has, in order to get away from hatred, should be turned it into a position where young black players can look at him and know it's going to be easier for them by the time they become professional footballers."

Danny rose should just do us all a favour and fuck off. If he doesn't like Tottenham and he doesn't like football the ungrateful little prick should go.

Cant wait to see the back of him, poison within the squad.

That's a bit strong but I genuinely think it's best all round if he can get his move back north in the Summer, maybe to Leeds, and we can bring in Sessegnon.

'Danny Rose has a responsibility to be an inspiration for young black players' - Jermaine Jenas

Tottenham's Danny Rose can overcome his feelings of resentment towards football and become an inspiration for future black players, Jermaine Jenas has told BBC Radio 5 Live.

England left-back Rose, 28, "can't wait to see the back" of the game because of the lack of action on fans' racism.

Jenas said Rose had a "responsibility" to stand up to abuse like John Barnes and Cyrille Regis did in the 1980s.

"Danny should cherish being a player," his friend and former team-mate said.

"All that passion he has, in order to get away from hatred, should be turned it into a position where young black players can look at him and know it's going to be easier for them by the time they become professional footballers."
JJ is bang wrong.

No one has a responsibility to be anything. Let alone something so grand.

Well just a day after his comments one Spurs fan made an Islamophobic comment about Salah and has been hounded off twitter.

Intolerance and discrimination in football is on the rise - maybe because social media allows edgy teens a voice, but also racists have an echo chamber to pollute their garbage.

Some people also live their life through their football clubs which is a little sad. And if your mood changes entirely on strangers kicking a ball around perhaps you need to reevaluate your life choices (or lack of).

It is no wonder Rose as well as plenty of others see playing no more than a job. Millions of die-hard fans would love to wear the shirt but they would be fucking shit...yet a section of these people abuse, discriminate and even go after the players families.

If I was a player in this day and age I wouldn't give a shit either.

That's a bit strong but I genuinely think it's best all round if he can get his move back north in the Summer, maybe to Leeds, and we can bring in Sessegnon.
Who the fuck wants Danny Rose to leave. Not me. Danny Rose means a lot to me and if he leaves I think we'll regret it. Danny Rose epitomises the hard as fuck spurs player that we now take for granted. Can you imagine Rose behaving like that lot down the road when the edge in front of us for a couple of days. To me Rose should be treasured.

Who the fuck wants Danny Rose to leave. Not me. Danny Rose means a lot to me and if he leaves I think we'll regret it. Danny Rose epitomises the hard as fuck spurs player that we now take for granted. Can you imagine Rose behaving like that lot down the road when the edge in front of us for a couple of days. To me Rose should be treasured.

Danny Rose himself has made his desire to return to the North be known. He's got his qualities of course but one of them isn't his final ball. Sessegnon has outstanding ability with a football at his feet, pace to burn and a pair of lungs that can go all day. With proper coaching he can become a world class left back. He could be our and England's left back for a decade.

Not seen enough praise for his performance last night, nobody can deny this guy will die for the club on the pitch. Right now couldn't give a fuck what he says off it, he embodies everything I want to see from a spurs player in a big game.

Excellent workrate, good positioning, endless energy and passionate. The only thing lacking in Danny's game is crossing ability.

Turning 29 this year and any injury could slow him down. Rose and Davies as our left backs next year would not be bad; but it does seem time to get a younger player in who can grow into the position

Excellent workrate, good positioning, endless energy and passionate. The only thing lacking in Danny's game is crossing ability.

Turning 29 this year and any injury could slow him down. Rose and Davies as our left backs next year would not be bad; but it does seem time to get a younger player in who can grow into the position

Sessegnon for me. Bring the kid in and make him understudy to Davies & Rose whilst giving him the opportunity to perhaps make it in the forward areas based on his progression. It's the perfect move for him & for us. A genuine threat & talent who can play in our cup games and the occasional league game when we play 3 at the back. Two positions covered with one signing who's homegrown

Back
Top Bottom