Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not a big fan of his when he opens his mouth but it's great to have the proper Danny Rose back on the pitch!

The controlled aggression is phenomenal and just like Dele, everyone seems to think of him as a right bastard. OUR bastard!
The only thing that Rose has said that was totally and utterly out of order was his comments in his exclusive interview with the Sun. Totally unacceptable.

Prior to that, he had his comments twisted somewhat when he was in the Five Live studio, this was when the narrative about us selling players every day of the week was going around. But I don't think he said much that was out of order. To be honest Rose's interviews are usually highly insightful and very different from the normal PR controlled shite that we have to put up with, I've always liked Roses interviews with the exception of the one given to the Sun. (Whilst I admire the courage of the player talking about battles with depression, I also thought this was a mistake for him to come out with during a tournament. It's a dog eat dog World where anything goes to get the victory for your team, if I would have played against Rose in the Wolrd Cup I would have been on his case from the first whistle, picking the scab of a possible mental fragility, sorry if this sounds bad and makes me a cunt but that's what I would expect from my team wanting to win a World Cup).

Run out the club? Settle down drama queen. Simply leaving doesn't mean run out. Left back needs upgrading.

The debates been had. You're wrong. What fans think matter.

You're in the minority about Rose for a reason.

You support Rose more than you support Spurs.

The reason I get bent out of shape about Rose is because of what Rose did. He brought it on himself.
Been going to spurs all my life go on lots of away trips the spurs fans adore Rose I support Rose because I support spurs get behind the man the guy 's a fucking lion.

cxMeYBc.jpg

We have our Rose back
More healing...

Been going to spurs all my life go on lots of away trips the spurs fans adore Rose I support Rose because I support spurs get behind the man the guy 's a fucking lion.
And as I've said, maybe 18 times, he used to be my favourite player. For those exact reasons.

Doesn't make me wrong to be upset by what he did. He admitted it was wrong no? That's why he apologised.

But I need my trust and respect earned back. I don't just hand it to him on a platter. He's starting to do that now.

Mugging off the gooners is a great step. I'll eat that shit up.

Last edited:
Interesting how extra motivated he was for this match. Maybe it’s just wanting to get back at them for the reactions after the previous game. Maybe the armband meant a lot to him. Showed Poch believes in him again. He certainly set a captain’s example. Now we need to see it consistently, not great performances against Barca and Woolwich with a crap one against Burnley in between.

Interesting how extra motivated he was for this match. Maybe it’s just wanting to get back at them for the reactions after the previous game. Maybe the armband meant a lot to him. Showed Poch believes in him again. He certainly set a captain’s example. Now we need to see it consistently, not great performances against Barca and Woolwich with a crap one against Burnley in between.

He was fantastic against Barcelona. Arguably his best performance in 2 years.

He wasn't the best against Burnley but he didn't need to be. We had about 90% possession and he was never troubled.

The rise, fall, rise, fall and rise of Danny Rose. Epic really.

it really is something.

- Signed near on 12 years ago.
- Numerous injuries which threatened his career in our youth team
- 3 failed loans.
- THAT Premier League debut goal
- Failed winger who was turned into a left back
- Sunderland POTY
- Hated so much for signing a new deal that he got rid of his Twitter
- Became the best left back in the country
- Injury ruins his form, speaks to The Sun and the hate returns
- Form slowly starts to return
- Captains only our 2nd win away at Woolwich in 20+ years.

He's probably the best Tottenham left back in the Premier League era. Shame about the whole Sun interview as he could have gone down as a club legend.

And as I've said, maybe 18 times, he used to be my favourite player. For those exact reasons.

Doesn't make me wrong to be upset by what he did. He admitted it was wrong no? That's why he apologised.

But I need my trust and respect earned back. I don't just hand it to him on a platter. He's starting to do that now.

Mugging off the gooners is a great step. I'll eat that shit up.

I remember parts of season 1 Poch when he was arresting the issues, Rose and Walker were our biggest attacking threats for months on end, created everything and got into the box, easily our best players, if they werent firing we were fucked

I remember parts of season 1 Poch when he was arresting the issues, Rose and Walker were our biggest attacking threats for months on end, created everything and got into the box, easily our best players, if they werent firing we were fucked
Big time. An in form Danny Rose will be phenomenal. Especially through Christmas. If we can get a great season out of him before he leaves, that'd be a great way to do it.

Back
Top Bottom