Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

United need a replacement for Ashley Young sooner rather than later. An injury prone Shaw and Ashley Young is probably not optimum for them in that position.

I'd happily cash in Rose for 30mil+ and go for Ricardo Rodriguez, Kieran Tierney or Ben Chilwell.
they will ask 60m for Chilwell, he wont be coming to the lane

The club will not be offering Rose a new contract so it's inevitable he will be sold in the near future. He's almost 30, massively injury prone and has a big mouth that already landed him on the transfer list.

It's just a shame we are probably looking at £15-20m rather than the £50m we could have got 18 months ago, as with Dembele and Toby the failure to move them on when they were at maximum value will limit what we can spend this summer.

The club will not be offering Rose a new contract so it's inevitable he will be sold in the near future. He's almost 30, massively injury prone and has a big mouth that already landed him on the transfer list.

It's just a shame we are probably looking at £15-20m rather than the £50m we could have got 18 months ago, as with Dembele and Toby the failure to move them on when they were at maximum value will limit what we can spend this summer.

Can't win with some people - had we sold Rose, Dembele and Toby when they were at their most sellable we'd have been considered a selling club without any ambitions. At the time when we could have got 50m for Rose, we also had the best left back in the league on our books, who we would have been stupid to sell. We were unlucky with the injuries and the dip in form, but that's the sort of thing that can happen in football. Can just as easily include Wanyama in that list.

What I noticed again yesterday is that he's actually quite powerful and get's his body in the right place - If he carries on like that, then it's another potentially problematic area solved for the short term.

THIS!!!!!

“After the World Cup, I called the manager and we spoke, we spoke for an hour before the first game at Newcastle and we spoke for an hour after that. We spoke for quite a long time and the one main thing that stuck out from what he said to me was ‘Danny — stop wasting time’. So yeah, I’m not wasting any more time. I’ve got my head down again and I’m doing alright at the minute. I’m trying to get back to where I was a couple of years ago.”

Asked what Pochettino meant by not “wasting time”, Rose added: “[To] be fully focused. On here. And if you’re not fully focused then you’re free to leave the club. So I told him that I am fully focused. And I’m going to be here to fight and help the club progress. And I hope that I am showing that in my performances and in training as well.”

Well played Poch, truly brilliant management of a player trying to wrangle a move away. In a nutshell, you took no shit and got Rose to apologise at the time. You binned him off too, happy to have him sold, zero fucks given us Poch and the Club, no pandering to the demands of a wantaway player. Fast forward to now and we have a player committed to the team again and this shows in his performances (and no doubt in his training too).

Also, if this wasn't proof enough of the Club backing the manager then I don't know what is. Poch is in charge, Poch calls the shots. (He will not have this at Utd).

The final element to this is the message to the other players, it couldn't be any clearer for what will happen to those who aren't committed, those that want to play games on salaries etc. It also rams home that if you are committed and train like you are you will be loved, welcomed and will get to play. It should, but will not, silence the "pay him wants he wants" mob.

cxMeYBc.jpg

We have our Rose back

Not a big fan of his when he opens his mouth but it's great to have the proper Danny Rose back on the pitch!

The controlled aggression is phenomenal and just like Dele, everyone seems to think of him as a right bastard. OUR bastard!

Back
Top Bottom