Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd go along with these schools of thought if I thought it was a case of Rose having the best interests of Tottenham Hotspur at heart when he speaks to the press. In my honest opinion, he most certainly doesn't. Something clearly happened during his long injury lay off that caused a deep resentment from him towards the club. I'm convinced he says things which he knows will be spun and paint the club in a bad light. Don't get me wrong, on his day he's an outstanding left back, but I think for all parties sake it will be best if he's moved on in the summer and he becomes someone else's problem. Finding a buyer will be quite challenging though I would imagine.
But the man that is with him day in and day out as his direct boss still selects him, backs him, and singles him out for praise despite his talking to the press. Regardless of how you feel, Poch's honest opinion is infinitely more informed and, at the end of the day, the only one that really matters.

Rose isn't going anywhere. Get over it.

But the man that is with him day in and day out as his direct boss still selects him, backs him, and singles him out for praise despite his talking to the press. Regardless of how you feel, Poch's honest opinion is infinitely more informed and, at the end of the day, the only one that really matters.

Rose isn't going anywhere. Get over it.
You need to stop saying that the fans opinions don't matter.

FYI - Poch singles out every player. Rose isn't special. In the past few weeks alone he's singled out Eriksen, Skipp, KWP, Vertonghen, Sissoko, Dele and Son.

Last edited:
Where would he go to?
United need a replacement for Ashley Young sooner rather than later. An injury prone Shaw and Ashley Young is probably not optimum for them in that position.

I'd happily cash in Rose for 30mil+ and go for Ricardo Rodriguez, Kieran Tierney or Ben Chilwell.

Last edited:
United need a replacement for Ashley Young sooner rather than later. An injury prone Shaw and Ashley Young is probably not optimum for them in that position.

I'd happily cash in Rose for 30mil+ and go for Ricardo Rodriguez, Kieran Tierney or Ben Chilwell.
United are doing a lot worse than us though, they arent looking like they will qualify for the CL. Going there would be a step down atm and that's not what he's after.

United are doing a lot worse than us though, they arent looking like they will qualify for the CL. Going there would be a step down atm and that's not what he's after.
He's not going to get an upgrade. He's not that good and is getting progressively worse, as is natural for a full back of his age. He's looking to move up north ''closer to his mum'' and City aren't interested and Liverpool have a far superior left back. United will pay him better than us and he'll be 29.

Last edited:
Major changes do not work and we have many more positions to deal with. Dembele, Wanyama, Llorente are all likely to go and need replacing. Toby also looks like going. Vorm is in his last year as well. That also assumes that Eriksen signs a new contract. We bought noone last summer and are unlikely to make any more changes than we have to next summer. That makes only 6th in our replacement list. We do not have to sell Rose and therefore I do not expect him to be going anywhere.

You need to stop saying that the fans opinions don't matter.

FYI - Poch singles out every player. Rose isn't special. In the past few weeks alone he's singled out Eriksen, Skipp, KWP, Vertonghen, Sissoko, Dele and Son.
Do tell us more about who will be run out of the club this summer, NW1Spur NW1Spur

You're so overly sensitive. Part of the reason you get so bent out of shape on Rose is obviously your inability to read a statement and analyze it within its context. For example, in the discussion we were having and my statement it is clear, by the fact that Poch has continued to select, back, and praise Rose despite his discussions with the press, that in terms of how long Danny will continue to collect a THFC pay cheque and pull on a THFC shirt the opinions of fans moaning on an internet forum means precisely nil. Not that supporters don't matter, but their opinions on who should play don't matter. It's why team selection isn't handled by Twitter poll.

Poch is fond of him. Rose will stay at the club as long as Poch wants him to. Poch clearly doesn't care that he's talked to the press and has said multiple times it's all water under the bridge now and the club and squad have moved on. I know you don't like Rose, but, despite your delusions of importance, what you think matters fuck all in terms of who plays at the club. Just move on already.

Last edited:
Do tell us more about who will be run out of the club this summer, NW1Spur NW1Spur

You're so overly sensitive. Part of the reason you get so bent out of shape on Rose is obviously your inability to read a statement and analyze it within its context. For example, in the discussion we were having and my statement it is clear, by the fact that Poch has continued to select, back, and praise Rose despite his discussions with the press, that in terms of how long Danny will continue to collect a THFC pay cheque and pull on a THFC shirt the opinions of fans moaning on an internet forum means precisely nil. Not that supporters don't matter, but their opinions on who should play don't matter. It's why team selection isn't handled by Twitter poll.

Poch is fond of him. Rose will stay at the club as long as Poch wants him to. Poch clearly doesn't care that he's talked to the press and has said multiple times it's all water under the bridge now and the club and squad have moved on. I know you don't like Rose, but, despite your delusions of importance, what you think matters fuck all in terms of who plays at the club. Just move on already.
Run out the club? Settle down drama queen. Simply leaving doesn't mean run out. Left back needs upgrading.

The debates been had. You're wrong. What fans think matter.

You're in the minority about Rose for a reason.

You support Rose more than you support Spurs.

The reason I get bent out of shape about Rose is because of what Rose did. He brought it on himself.

Last edited:
Run out the club? Settle down drama queen. Simply leaving doesn't mean run out. Left back needs upgrading.

The debates been had. You're wrong. What fans think matter.

You're in the minority about Rose for a reason.
A minority that includes the manager of the club. So. Think I'll be alright on this one. Danny will still be here next September being selected by Poch. You'll still be moaning about him doing interviews and claiming he'll be sold the following summer. The sun rises, taxes must be paid, everyone dies, and SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur will continue his crusade against Tottenham's best LB.

:pritchardeyes:

A minority that includes the manager of the club. So. Think I'll be alright on this one. Danny will still be here next September being selected by Poch. You'll still be moaning about him doing interviews and claiming he'll be sold the following summer. The sun rises, taxes must be paid, everyone dies, and SchmoodSpur SchmoodSpur will continue his crusade against Tottenham's best LB.

:pritchardeyes:
And you'll still be losing debates. Wilder all over again.

The fact you think Danny Rose is our best left back should show you we need upgrading. The fact you think a 29 year old left back with a handful of good performances in 2 years is good enough for where we want to go shows how misguided you are.

There are many options to upgrade. You don't want to do it just to be right. Shows you support Rose more than Spurs. As I said.

And you'll still be losing debates. Wilder all over again.

The fact you think Danny Rose is our best left back should show you we need upgrading. The fact you think a 29 year old left back with a handful of good performances in 2 years is good enough for where we want to go shows how misguided you are.

There are many options to upgrade. You don't want to do it just to be right. Shows you support Rose more than Spurs. As I said.
Yep. Me and Poch, just big Rose fans.

:pocheyes:

Back
Top Bottom