You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Danny Rose

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Carlito Brigante, 24 May 2013.

1. stevee

I have slated Danny for some of his comments, but this doesn't bother me in the least.

Not an honour to play at Wembley - Not "Not an Honour to play for Spurs"

Itching to get to new stadium

we have to stick together.

All good stuff, he hasn't slated Spurs or the fans in any way and he's only saying what we all think.

• Agree x 13
    • Like x 1
  2. Totti

Yeah - I imagine every player in the dressing room, even Poch, thinks the same as Rose in this situation.

Nothing wrong with what he's said it all. In fact it's what we've all been saying all season. The novelty wore off last season.

• Agree x 6
  3. BriPelli

My ‘thing’ with Rose is I’ve always thought he was and excellent and committed left back, at times one of the best in the division and I give him extra respect for doing it when giving away a lot in stature to his opponents and long before he finally got England recognition. I also spend a lot of time in ‘real life’ either singing his praises as a footballer or defending some of the decisions he make as I truly believe we are a significantly weaker without him, especially against top teams.

My other thing him about him is when he got injured he made some quite damning egotistical comments, some of which alluded to fans not supporting him or not giving him enough credit for his improvement under Poch, about how he’s not respected, nor paid enough etc. I still think he has been a huge loss over the last two years but I don’t particularly like the comments he has made about how hard it is for HIM to play at Wembley, or represent the views of the other players when he’s barely played there and is battling to try and warn his place back in the tens. As he is sensitive to fans opinions I am suggesting he think a little more about statements like these, but it’s apparent I am the sensitive one and we can leave it there.

4. BriPelli

I’m not uncomfortable about Rose saying he doesn’t like playing at Wembley, it gives me an insight into his attitude and where his focus is. I just don’t think it helps the team by giving opponents an inkling of weakness or dissatisfaction within the team.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  5. ginola92

He was fucking incredible tonight, would of loved for him to kept his composure and secured us the win at the end because he would of deserved it, but that was the 2016 danny rose back from the dead

• Agree x 14
    • Like x 1
  6. Totti

#5506 Totti, 11 Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM
    Last edited: 11 Dec 2018 at 10:13 PM
    Absolutely prime Danny Rose tonight.

Fucking exceptional. MOTM tonight

• Agree x 9
    • Like x 2
  7. TomHotspur

Phenomenal performance. Fingers crossed he hasn't picked up any niggle or knock(as he usually does when he plays 90 mins) and we start seeing some consistent performances again. His tackling, power and even physique tonight were all reminiscent of 2016 Rose.

8. Totti

• Like x 6
  9. KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness

Is he .. back?

Loads of times I thought he overran it or showed too much but then old school Rose pace and acceleration kicked in too!

I think everyone left who doesn't like him can now draw a line under it. He battled for us like a warrior.

• Agree x 6
    • Like x 3
  10. spursmalc

Do not want him to play Saturday. Save him for the Woolwich match.

• Agree x 3
  11. Stopspot

Looked very on it last night (but if you are not on it and up for it at the Camp nou what are you doing?). More of that please.

Rest him on the weekend and let him have at the Goons in the League cup

12. Stopspot

• Agree x 1
  13. SoCalSpurs

Oh look, the media misquoting again.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino deserves the Real Madrid job - Danny Rose | Daily Mail Online
    Pochettino is in demand after turning Spurs into a competitive force in the Champions League — and full back Danny Rose believes that he ‘deserves’ the chance to manage a club like Real or Manchester United.

Here is the direct quote later in the article:
    "It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than we have. The manager did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any in January. It speaks volumes of how good he is. It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him. It’s exactly what he deserves."

The fact that big name clubs want him and he's deserving of that praise is a bit different than saying Rose thinks he deserves to manage at Real or MU. Stupid fucking cunts.

• Agree x 12
    • Like x 1
  14. John Thomas

My Eyes Have Seen The Profit

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 1
  15. ChiversRegal

Yeah, we all know you'd suck anyone off that alluded to Levy being a tight cunt.
    Is it true John that your Mrs still gives you pocket money because you can't be trusted with your wages, say's "you'd spunk it on a new suit every week".
    :levyeyes:x

• Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. Rocket

I quite agree John. However, the point is not necessarily that money isn’t made available, it’s simply that the manager “did not make any signings in the summer, and he is probably not going to make any in January”

Nowhere in the article is there a quote from Danny saying Levy didn’t give Pochettino any money.

Nasty click bait headlining which paints Danny in a bad light. Something he really doesn’t need any help with.

Shame really because it seemed quite a sensible balanced article other than making up that detail in my view.

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  17. Spanish Spur

It could be simply because I got woken up by the fucking leaf blowers again but something about Rose's comments have irritated me. It's the tone. It's like he is putting players' and individual careers before the club...again.

"It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him,” ...“It’s exactly what he deserves"
    "He has transformed how others think of us outside the club"
    "Like I said, it’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him"

I don't like his tone one bit

• Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
  18. KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness

"We hope he stays for a really long time.”

“He has transformed how others think of us outside the club and he has transformed how we think of ourselves and how we approach big games. The belief he gives everybody is just amazing.”

I love his tone tbh

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
  19. theromanianjackass

My one and only club

Meh I think he should shut up for a while, those interviews are not an inspired decision.

• Agree x 2
  20. Cranston

Cracking game against Barca but he should keep those sort of thoughts to himself.

• Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info