You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Danny Rose

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Carlito Brigante, 24 May 2013.

1. ArtyB

• Funny x 5
    • Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. Notabadsquad

Rose played well but always the context has to be the opponent.

But it will remain thus with me forever, that the only thing that convinces me is consistency.

Right now Rose ain't consistent but he may easily have played himself into the team for Saturday.

3. The Swellhead Spur

You stupid cunt.

Thought he done alright on the weekend, his aggression and fouling is brilliant tbf.

4. Totti

He'll only get better by playing consistently. There's been absolutely no reason why he should be dropped other than for the League Cup in the week.

Let him keep his place. He's doing fine.

• Agree x 4
  5. Bill Madrid

Unless you indulge in close harmony singing, have an aversion to the use of vowels in words and shower others in spittle when you speak, you would have to be certifiably insane to think that Ben Davies is a better wing back/full back than Danny Rose

• Agree x 5
  6. Totti

.. But... But.. Rose has never in one season got more assists than Davies got last season.. So he CANNOT be better.

:roseunsure:

Suppose Sterling is better than Hazard too.

7. StripiestPilot

I think it's quite ridiculous to have watched Ben Davies play virtually every game last season and produce better numbers than Rose in his best season and then say it's certifiably insane to think he's a better left-back than Rose. The same Rose who almost cost us a win against Brighton with 2 minutes of typically brain dead defending.

They are both good players and both have some flaws, neither are ever going to play for Real Madrid. Davies is more consistent in the final third, less injury prone and more composed in defending. He's not the quickest and can sometimes get roasted by nippy opponents. Rose is faster and more aggressive but also thick. He gives away absurd free kicks every game and is prone to just whacking the ball out of play when in a crossing position.

At the moment Rose is playing better than Davies but nobody has really nailed down that position yet. Rose showed in those final minutes at Brighton that he still cannot be trusted fully.

• Agree x 8
  8. Steed_Train

It depends which Rose turns up.

Also his off pitch antics have left a sour taste. We were successful with Davies in the side and he's just been thrown out in favour of Rose.

I appreciate the practicality of it as we want to win however, a lot of people constantly go on about "doing things the right way" and supporting the club. Fairly meaningless if we throw players under the bus and promote disrespectful players

9. CroSpurs

Davies is still better than Rose. One solid game can't change that. Rose isn't "the old Rose" anymore. Deal with it.

• Disagree x 2
  10. ginola92

Rose has been much better than Davies this season

• Agree x 2
  11. CroSpurs

Not really. Where and when, explain please? They both looked average at best.

12. Totti

Rose's performance against Brighton, regardless of the goal, was better than any performance from Davies this season in my opinion.

But both far from their absolute best for us and rotating them every single week can't help either of them. It's the one thing I dislike about Pochettino. Rose probably doesn't deserve to be dropped and he really shouldn't be so should keep his place in the team. A run of games will be good for him. Davies can play in the cup games for now until his chance comes again.

• Agree x 1
  13. StripiestPilot

Davies hasn’t been thrown out. He started against Inter but played very poorly. He needs to up his game, they all do.

14. ginola92

Second half against Utd and his performance against Brighton were both good , Davies on the other hand has been shocking this season, at Watford and Inter in particular .

• Agree x 3
  15. Spursdem

We need a new LB, that's for sure.

Still very interested in Milan's Ricardo Rodriguez.

16. Jenny Talia

I guess the question is could he improve with more playing time?
    Some of them need a break, but maybe Rose is alongside Lamela as a player that could do with the extra minutes.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  17. Notabadsquad

Unfortunately for me he is playing quite well.

The truth is that if he hadn't gone rogue he would be captain material.

Now I view anything he says with irritation.

Play as you are Rose and shut the fcuk up.

Traitor in my eyes always.

• Agree x 3
  18. Ozle

I thought he was great Saturday, but that's probably because he was good going forward and we won.
    If we'd have lost I'd have moaning about him not getting back enough

19. Bazali

Rose seems to be improving with every game

Davies hasn’t

No brainer for me

• Agree x 4
  20. KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness

Rose is playing much better.

We're also better off banking on Rose becoming half the player he was because that's still better than Davies (who is fine as a 2nd choice LB).

Conclusion: Play Rose

• Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info