Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need either him OR Aurier in the line up if not both.

Our full backs are important if we go with the 3 at the back system and both were pointless today

Get my man Danny Rose back in the team. We need a bit more fight in the team.
We were out competed today by Woolwich of all teams.
And give him a pay rise.

What was the reason he wasn't even on the bench yesterday by the way? I heard he needed to be more fit to be considered.

How can he not be more fit than the previous games he's been involved in? He came on against Madrid, started against West Ham and Crystal Palace, started for England etc. Yet he supposedly isn't fit enough to be on the bench against Woolwich?

What was the reason he wasn't even on the bench yesterday by the way? I heard he needed to be more fit to be considered.

How can he not be more fit than the previous games he's been involved in? He came on against Madrid, started against West Ham and Crystal Palace, started for England etc. Yet he supposedly isn't fit enough to be on the bench against Woolwich?
Rose is finished at Spurs

Loads of reasons, but suspect Poch probably knows best on this.

When you are comming back from a serious injury and haven't played in a year many things could effect his not being "fit enough". His recovery time is not optimum, so may be he is feeling the effects of his previous game(s), he may have an imbalance, therefore still needs to build up strength where imbalance is, the imbalance may have allready triggered another issue, or they have spotted that if playing another competitive game may cause another issue so best avoid and protect. Training in a gym is highly targeted, very specific and they can control it with a required work load (more or less effort) rather than a player causing further problems by playing in adrenaline fuelled competitive matches.

Loads of reasons, but suspect Poch probably knows best on this.

When you are comming back from a serious injury and haven't played in a year many things could effect his not being "fit enough". His recovery time is not optimum, so may be he is feeling the effects of his previous game(s), he may have an imbalance, therefore still needs to build up strength where imbalance is, the imbalance may have allready triggered another issue, or they have spotted that if playing another competitive game may cause another issue so best avoid and protect. Training in a gym is highly targeted, very specific and they can control it with a required work load (more or less effort) rather than a player causing further problems by playing in adrenaline fuelled competitive matches.
Decision 1 who deserves to play in a high profile derby when you know some players picked Kane & Dembele + others are not fully fit. Davies was clearly the correct choice as Rose would tire towards the end. If Rose had started and already decided Dembele and Kane to go off then he would have had to play 90 mins or Son & Llorente could not have come on.
Decision 2 Is it likely that Rose will be required to come on from the bench to change things. No as have many other options.
Decision 3 Need to get Rose back to best. Is it better he trains or sits on bench and watches match.
It does make sense but NOT if he does not start against Dortmund which I hope he does to rest Davies.

Surprised he didn't even make the bench yesterday, got my suspicions guess we will have a better idea of whether something has gone on with the announcement of the squad for Tuesday.

WHats the big deal with Rose.
If we played him, or put him on the bench, we would either have had 4 passengers on the pitch or two on the bench.
As it was Kane, Dele and Dembele weren’t up to performing their best, and Winks, another half fit, was on the bench.

Rose wasn’t going to play. In a game like this it was also risky for him.
You cannot rush player back who have been out for so long.
Did anyone not see Rose v Germany. Tell me that was a fully fit marauding Rose.
Better we get him up to fitness, ease him back, than ruin the bloke.

If this his agent stirring, then he needs to fire him.

If this is made up sun shit, then fuck knows what we do beyond put him front and centre in the pressers tomorrow pre Dortmund

Otherwise it's clearly from him, and that means he is about to get the Adebayor treatment

I still reckon he was being rested after over 90mins last week, so he could start on Tuesday. But we will know for certain tomorrow

Plus remember, paper cunts will try and wind us up anyway, doubly so after Saturday

Quick google shows Mark Irwins a cunt. He’s not the guy who interviewed Rose before either.

The sun is full of shit.

Maybe it’s true. Maybe it’s bollocks.
But Rose is clearly not at the same level he was before the injury.

End of discussion really.

"Dropped"?

Fuck off!

Even if this is just paper stirring, we only have Rose's previous snide outburst to thank for this latest instalment. This is the barrel he's put us over... Either he gets his place back or this shit will be dredged up over and over.

Laughable, flip-flopping opinions re: Rose on display above... A few of you change your tune at every fucking turn.

"Dropped"?

Fuck off!

Even if this is just paper stirring, we only have Rose's previous snide outburst to thank for this latest instalment. This is the barrel he's put us over... Either he gets his place back or this shit will be dredged up over and over.

Laughable, flip-flopping opinions re: Rose on display above... A few of you change your tune at every fucking turn.
Nail on the head

I'm honestly bewildered at the ego he's shown in the last few months. Has he improved massively in the last few years? Absolutely - thanks to the coaching of Mauricio Pochettino and his staff. So the disrespect that he's shown in undermining the manager first in public, and now supposedly again should be the end of his time here. Ben Davies has been our left back for the last ten months and he's come on a lot. He's 24 and can get better.

If Rose wants his move to Utd and wants to act billy big bollocks then he should prepare to forego the World Cup as Levy will not be a sucker to these antics.

Back
Top Bottom