Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can see why he is angry he signed a contract and then got injured and saw a rival player disrespect the manager and leave for more money. If he leaves to United for £50 mil in Jan and we get Shaw on a free, it'd be okay business. But as for putting his agent before the club and the fans and doing PR stuff about life problems and reading books... do me a favour... he isn't the only one, and a lot more are struggling a lot harder to put their own roof over their head. I don't know what to make of it any more and don't really care, but if he isn't inspired enough to train hard under Poch, I'd like to swap places.
Honestly, my feeling is that he's just trying to cover the stupidity of his comments with this 'but I was hurt and angry bla bla'.

Honestly, my feeling is that he's just trying to cover the stupidity of his comments with this 'but I was hurt and angry bla bla'.
It will be the agents idea as well.
I can neither forgive nor forget what he said. But I can accept him playing for us, because, sadly, we need him. I hope we are lining up replacements for him, I wouldn’t trust the guy as far as I could throw him, and I couldn’t throw the fat cunt far

He says ‘it was only two months ago that I thought I’d never get fit again’. What, so a week after you told the Sun you were too big for Spurs, you were worth twice as much money and your small time club mates weren’t worthy of you; you then thought you were never going to play again.
Yeah, alright Danny. Nice try, you made your bed, lie in it. I hope you fuck off to Man U and Mourinho goes Luke Shaw on your fat arse

He seems a pretty dour and sultry character off the pitch. I remember Dele saying whenever anyone asked him what he was up to the previous night it's always watching a box set or something. He does also seem to lack perspective. No disrespect to his parents but I think Kane and Winks' parents did a better job of producing a more well rounded human being than his did.

Who are you? Super Nanny or something?
Clearly all Danny needed was more time on the naughty step then he would never ask for higher wages...

paddy spur paddy spur I’m no way near loving the want away snake. He pissed all over us and now expects to play a stone overweight. I’ll be happier when he’s gone. He shat on Poch, the players, and the club. Sell him to Palace or Burnley. He’s not exactly needed here.
He made a mistake - perhaps was ill informed by cunt agents. Apologised for it. Have you never made mistakes? Let’s give him a chance till May

He made a mistake - perhaps was ill informed by cunt agents. Apologised for it. Have you never made mistakes? Let’s give him a chance till May

Of course I’ve made mistakes, but I’ve never gone to the Sun and slagged off my colleagues and employer with a ‘come and get me’ message to a competitor. It seems I’m only guilty of bad timing on this one.

Of course I’ve made mistakes, but I’ve never gone to the Sun and slagged off my colleagues and employer with a ‘come and get me’ message to a competitor. It seems I’m only guilty of bad timing on this one.
Thought the only one on trial in this thread was Danny Rose!

I think he’ll lose that weight and come good this season for us again especially in a WC season - Levy would be mad to strengthen a rival in January so we’re suck with him for now

I think he’ll lose that weight and come good this season for us again especially in a WC season - Levy would be mad to strengthen a rival in January so we’re suck with him for now

If he does the business for us fine, but I suspect his contrition is fake. I don’t have to like every player who plays for us. He knows that performing for us is the best way to put himself back in the shop window, and if that benefits us, so much the better.

If he does the business for us fine, but I suspect his contrition is fake. I don’t have to like every player who plays for us. He knows that performing for us is the best way to put himself back in the shop window, and if that benefits us, so much the better.
I think most of our players are playing for the shop window one way or another. I don’t expect you to like him - but let’s support him at least

I think most of our players are playing for the shop window one way or another. I don’t expect you to like him - but let’s support him at least
Of course I’ll support him. If I’ve given any indication that I wouldn’t then I apologise unreservedly. Paddy said he loved him, I disagreed, that’s all.

He might be a cunt but I don't think he's faking anything right now. He's the most honest and candid guy in the squad really. He made a mistake. But what he did is far from worse than what other adored players here have done.

Also I don't think he meant right now when he said he will play up north. Could easily mean he will finish his career there.

I didn't think I'd be defending Danny Rose here but quite honestly some people genuinely aren't brought up to express hurt or anger as well and as assertively as others. The only thing that made it disrespectful for me as a supporter, and one who had never boo'd or complained about him before, was that this particular hurt situation of having to train hard for Poch at Spurs on a high income is one I'd swap for. There is, however, a deeper societal problem when both he and a newspaper genuinely thinks his agent and contract issue is the most important thing to report on. It's not. That is really the only stupid thing about it that is a great mistake in my opinion.

Anyone who wants to sell the best LB in the league to United (one of our rivals) and improve them and take on a kid who hasn't been fit in 4 years can fuck off!

Be annoyed at Danny (you'll get over it ffs) but to sell him to United......Are you even Fucking Spurs?!

Anyone who wants to sell the best LB in the league to United (one of our rivals) and improve them and take on a kid who hasn't been fit in 4 years can fuck off!

Be annoyed at Danny (you'll get over it ffs) but to sell him to United......Are you even Fucking Spurs?!
Who has said sell him to Utd?

Ben Davies has upped his game so much, I wonder if Rose can really force his way back into being number one starter in that position. It would be harsh on Davies to go back to being second choice, can't really see it happening. It seems that with Aurier and Trippier there is not a clear "first choice", and they appear to be fairly evenly rotated depending on the opposition. I'm guessing it will end up being the same on the left flank? A rhetorical question really, only time will tell.....

Back
Top Bottom