Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I often wonder what goes on in peoples lives that they feel the need to invent these batshit scenarios and then start pillorying players over the fruits of their fertile imaginations.

As soon as you lot (the fantasists) accept that the people who play for the team do so because they are professional footballers and not myopic spurs fans, the easier it will be for you to live with the transfer system.

Hating a footballer because of BS in the mirror/sun/star/mail is a waste of your time

Hating the player for the nature of the article and the timing of the article is completely warranted. He had all fucking summer to do it. He insulted the club and his fellow players, days before the season kicked off. Name me one other player to pull off some wreckless bullshit like that without being sold on almost immediately.

You bash on about how he's only a professional, well that interview he gave to the Sun was hardly professional of him. You're welcome to your opinion, you're welcome to welcome him back. I won't though, I couldn't give two fucks if he actually breaks his neck going for a rebound. His actions could have had a huge impact on our season. He's shown himself to be a self centred cunt and for that I won't ever be a fan of his again. I'll choose a players personality over their talent any day.

I won't though, I couldn't give two fucks if he actually breaks his neck going for a rebound. His actions could have had a huge impact on our season. He's shown himself to be a self centred cunt and for that I won't ever be a fan of his again. I'll choose a players personality over their talent any day.
...as long as he scores with the rebound first though, eh? I'm sure all will be forgiven!
:roseunsure:

...as long as he scores with the rebound first though, eh? I'm sure all will be forgiven!
:roseunsure:

I'll always be happier if the ball goes in the net. Doesn't mean I want to see us paying his wages still though. The boy was nothing before he came here, and he saw fit to criticise the youngsters we are taking gambles on because he doesn't know who they are? Imagine we had that attitude at the time we signed him. He'd still be playing for Leeds as a sub par winger most likely.

Fucking hell some people acting as if he went on national television and declared his love for Woolwich or something. Were doing the medias job for them by keeping this sun story alive, he made some stupid comments get over it, Poch has. We would only be hurting ourselves if when he comes back he gets a bad reception from the crowd.

Fucking hell some people acting as if he went on national television and declared his love for Woolwich or something. Were doing the medias job for them by keeping this sun story alive, he made some stupid comments get over it, Poch has. We would only be hurting ourselves if when he comes back he gets a bad reception from the crowd.

He went to a national newspaper without the clubs permission, solely to bad mouth the club and belittle players who he feels he is in some way better than, 2 days before the season kicked off. If he wasn't injured as per usual he would have been sold.

Christ. People would think that we are playing like shit when one of our players comes out like that. It's the sort of interview you would expect Jack Wheelchair to do, only he doesn't because he knows that it will do more harm than good to his clubs season.

The boy was nothing before he came here, and he saw fit to criticise the youngsters we are taking gambles on because he doesn't know who they are? Imagine we had that attitude at the time we signed him
This is the nub of it in my opinion. He had no place making comments like that about team mates, whatever else anybody thinks of him or his interview.

This is the nub of it in my opinion. He had no place making comments like that about team mates, whatever else anybody thinks of him or his interview.

Could you imagine being a talented youngster, reading that interview and then Spurs come in for you? It likely wouldn't stop most players, but there will definitely be an air of "I won't be accepted because I'm yet to show the world what I can do" all because Danny Rose seems to think he's the greatest player to have ever played.

Could you imagine being a talented youngster, reading that interview and then Spurs come in for you? It likely wouldn't stop most players, but there will definitely be an air of "I won't be accepted because I'm yet to show the world what I can do" all because Danny Rose seems to think he's the greatest player to have ever played.
You’ve got some pretty strong views on him Jock. Don’t agree with some of them but it’s an inescapable truth that he was slagging off the very policy that got him to where he is today & hugely disrespectful of his team mates. I get the impression that he’s the sort of guy who would been flattened if the senior pros at the club had that attitude with him when he joined & publicly slated the club’s youth policy.
He should have been encouraging everyone from the sidelines rather than wanking himself dry over the squads of our rivals & bigging himself up. He was crocked ffs & less than useless at the time he gave that interview.
I hope he gets back to his full abilities & plays a part for the club. But I won’t ever respect him like I did before he made those slack jawed comments to that shitrag.
I’d like to say it was stupid & thoughtless, but he asked for that interview iirc & therefore knew exactly what he was walking into & what he wanted to say. It still baffles me to this day.

You’ve got some pretty strong views on him Jock. Don’t agree with some of them but it’s an inescapable truth that he was slagging off the very policy that got him to where he is today & hugely disrespectful of his team mates. I get the impression that he’s the sort of guy who would been flattened if the senior pros at the club had that attitude with him when he joined & publicly slated the club’s youth policy.
He should have been encouraging everyone from the sidelines rather than wanking himself dry over the squads of our rivals.
I hope he gets back to his full abilities & plays a part for the club. But I won’t ever respect him like I did before he made those slack jawed comments to that shitrag.
I’d like to say it was stupid & thoughtless, but he asked for that interview iirc & therefore knew exactly what he was walking into & what he wanted to say. It still baffles me to this day.

The way I see it is that he's showing his true colours. Kyle Walker sold his soul to the devil and poor little Danny threw his toys out of the pram because he can't stay healthy enough to seal his "dream move" to city/united.

I believe he made a mistake and he should be given the chance to remedy that mistake.

If he trots out a similar line again, I’ll be on the side of TheJockmur TheJockmur , but until then, I’m willing to forgive and forget if he comes back into the squad and makes an effort.

The way I see it is that he's showing his true colours. Kyle Walker sold his soul to the devil and poor little Danny threw his toys out of the pram because he can't stay healthy enough to seal his "dream move" to city/united.
Kyle stayed classy though. Didn’t say a word about his wish to move & has had nothing but good things to say about the club & the fans.
I retain a lot of respect for him because of how he dealt with things.

Kyle stayed classy though. Didn’t say a word about his wish to move & has had nothing but good things to say about the club & the fans.
I retain a lot of respect for him because of how he dealt with things.

I've not said a bad thing about him since he left. I'm gutted he's gone, I always liked him. The way he moved clubs just exemplifies the sort of character he is.

I believe he made a mistake and he should be given the chance to remedy that mistake.

If he trots out a similar line again, I’ll be on the side of TheJockmur TheJockmur , but until then, I’m willing to forgive and forget if he comes back into the squad and makes an effort.

I'd have given him the same leeway if he hadn't went out and purposefully asked for the interview.

Back
Top Bottom