Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn't someone come out and say a few years back, may even have been Sherwood, that certain players at Spurs would pretend to have a knock or pretend to be ill so they didn't have to play Europa League games?

That stuck out for me too. It speaks volumes about what was inherently wrong at Spurs for some time, and under HR. Players expecting to be picked and doing so, regardless of how they trained/performed and sliding games they didn't fancy. He also previously mentioned that he felt Harry didn't give him a fair crack at it.

Under Redknapp, Rose would have always been remembered for that goal, then probably not used in favour of Bale and BAE. Didn't Rose play in that game against Villa, where he got sent off, we should have won that, but the draw stitched us up in terms of missing 3rd place.

Under Redknapp, Rose would have always been remembered for that goal, then probably not used in favour of Bale and BAE. Didn't Rose play in that game against Villa, where he got sent off, we should have won that, but the draw stitched us up in terms of missing 3rd place.

Rose put in two man of the match performances in his first two games as a left back for us. One at Anfield and one at the Etihad.

Redknapp then said if Rose has a future in football its at left back. He then sadly had that poor game at left back the following season against Villa and that's where a lot of the hate stemmed from. Even if he put in a solid performance, the littlest of things were getting scrutinised and it was the same even in Poxhettinos first season.

I'm sure goals against the likes of West Ham, Woolwich and Chelsea have given him good grace. Even scored against Liverpool too. Big game player.

The fact our FULL-BACKS are getting their own interview shows the scales they have climbed...
when I think of some of our full-backs in the past, I think Pat Van den Hauwe, Tramezzani, David Kerslake, Dean Austin, Edinburgh... players you virtually knew nothing about, (albeit not on the same level of quality as these two) but you never even saw them near an interview. I gotta be honest, it was only when they wheeled Van den Hauwe out during Half-time at White Hart Lane last season that i'd even heard the bloke speak!
...even Danny Thomas & Chris Hughton went under the radar and they were probably our best full-backs before these two!

I realise this is simply to raise their profile, and yes, no doubt Sky will be following this up with a made-up bid from both the Red and Blue sides of Mannnnnnchesssto'... but for now, I'm glad they're getting the recognition they so richly deserve!

raw

Just wondering, is it possible that we love players more that we've doubted in the past? Harry Kane would be another example for the 95% who saw him early on and wondered he'd ever make it as a first team squad player let alone be a Tottenham legend.

I remember slagging Danny Rose off after Benfica away, he'd had a stinker, was badly at fault for their first goal and then was the only player who didn't come over to the fans at the end (not that that in itself is a massive deal. I was mainly angry at Sherwood for his petulant and pointless sit in the stands all on his own protest).

I dunno, I just love it when a player proves me/us wrong

Just wondering, is it possible that we love players more that we've doubted in the past? Harry Kane would be another example for the 95% who saw him early on and wondered he'd ever make it as a first team squad player let alone be a Tottenham legend.

I remember slagging Danny Rose off after Benfica away, he'd had a stinker, was badly at fault for their first goal and then was the only player who didn't come over to the fans at the end (not that that in itself is a massive deal. I was mainly angry at Sherwood for his petulant and pointless sit in the stands all on his own protest).

I dunno, I just love it when a player proves me/us wrong

Very possibly. It's certainly what makes Spurs different to following, say, City or Chelsea. They get in players KNOWING they will perform. With ours it feels the success is somewhat more earned, and I think that adds to the connection between fans and players.

Good performance today - probably our most consistent player overall today. That tackle on Sterling in the box was ballsy but excellent. Hard not to love the guy.

Even better, Dembele was live on instagram earlier and someone misspelled Tottenham so Rose called them a prick.

:dembelelol:

Good performance today - probably our most consistent player overall today. That tackle on Sterling in the box was ballsy but excellent. Hard not to love the guy.

Even better, Dembele was live on instagram earlier and someone misspelled Tottenham so Rose called them a prick.

:dembelelol:

Quite funny considering Rose misspelled Mousa while he was at the darts match.

It would be such a blow for him to be out for too long. Davies is an okay back up but no where near the insane levels of Danny. I think he's one of, if not the most important player in our team.

Davies is definitely not a wing back like Rose. His absence might hurt us badly but I believe Poch will find a solution and use Davies' qualities to their fullest

i wouldn't put it past poch to give KWP a chance. it's not the first time he's thrown young prospects in at the deep end on their debut and its paid off pretty well so far
think he's a RB, would be a big risk to play a youngster in the wrong position. Keen to see him play though if Trippier isn't fit

Back
Top Bottom