1. You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Players Danny Rose

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Carlito Brigante, 24 May 2013.

1. Lickher

Ill admit it wasn't the most eloquently laid out post but I was drunk at the time off booze and spurs-hammering-those-blue-cunts induced delirium.

• Like x 2
  2. BAE32

Made this same point to my mates after the game - Souness giving his usual "Walker and Rose are great going forward - that's their strength" shit. Mate can you not just admit that they are great full backs because defensively they are sound as fuck. Nobody beats them one vs one which gives us huge strength defensively. In fact I'd go as far as to say Walker is more crucial for his defensive contribution than his offensive contribution.

• Agree x 8
  3. Alli-Luya

You don't have the defensive record we've had over the last 2 seasons by having full-backs that aren't very very good at defending.

• Agree x 8
  4. 1882

They are the nearest thing to our 1950's Push and Run wing backs as anything i've seen in my lifetime!

Their pace going forward merely glosses over the fact that they are both excellent defenders... the fact Rose started out as a winger only helps him when going forward... but defensively, both of them are up there with whoever else Sky/BBC officially regard as 'quality' Full-backs!

• Agree x 1
  5. mouse

Getting all the attention this season, but our Danny killed it last year as well:

Gwan rude boy...... meg central.

• Like x 5
    • Agree x 2
  6. alexwooty

Agree fully that they don't get beaten one on one, but the issue is more that because they are so prone to getting forward, they are often well out of position should the opposition manage to launch a quick counter. However - and this is what Souness etc don't say - our CBs/DMs are very good at moving over and covering for them when this happens. It's almost like they've been coached to play that way, or something...

• Like x 2
  7. TheJockmur

I do love that he started out as a winger yet his only real weakness in my own opinion is his crossing/delivery.

8. ArcspacE

Chicken Tonight's Multi

And not so long ago the general consensus on here suggested he'd only be remembered for that NLD goal

How the times have changed . . .

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  9. TheJockmur

I never in a million years thought he would be any good. I remember back when he was still a winger and thinking "He'll be in the championship soon."

• Agree x 1
  10. Guido

Wonder if this was done pre or post transfer links?

• Like x 3
  11. Hamilton

Feels like you coud say that about half the squad, Poch is a miracle worker.

• Like x 2
  12. WelligntonSpur

Nice to see him skinning the "bestest left back in the world" (Milner) a few times in that!
    :dembelelol:

• Agree x 1
  13. Samisspurs

Frightening change of pace and direction. Throws himself into everything. Legend

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 1
  14. Joe Clash

Supporter IDK

Pochettinoism.

15. Guido

• Like x 1
  16. Colonel_K

Never thought of them as schoolboy rivals, but both being from Yorkshire and the same age of course their paths crossed! Like how they've put their North/South rivalry behind and become the best of friends.

Remember in the early days Rose used to be Benny's neighbour.

17. SoCalSpurs

• Agree x 8
    • Like x 1
  18. Colonel_K

LOL Maybe Bale? :baletroll: :roseunsure:

19. Guido

• Like x 1
  20. DeeGee

Closed Account

That stuck out for me too. It speaks volumes about what was inherently wrong at Spurs for some time, and under HR. Players expecting to be picked and doing so, regardless of how they trained/performed and sliding games they didn't fancy. He also previously mentioned that he felt Harry didn't give him a fair crack at it.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Sin Bin' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be placed in the sin bin. More info