Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The whole football supporter role is a rip off we all know that but we still do it we moan and groan but what’s the alternative don’t go to games,don’t buy the merchandise don’t subscribe to the sports channels! How fucking boring would that be? But nobody’s being forced to buy or do anything so why moan?
I agree. It was gaz saying he wasn't being ripped off, not me. I was just telling him why after he posed the question. I got rid of sky sports. So that's my little feeble stand.
As for your "no point moaning if your not being forced comment." We all like a moan. You're moaning about fans who moan about being ripped off. No one is forcing you to read there moaning comments so why moan.

Mate we have lost eight FA cup semi finals in a row plus a LC semi final recently which again we again failed to get over the line.
I don't think that amount can simply be fobbed off as didn't go our way it's an abysmal record, embarrassing too and I have to say that poch should have got one of these recent semi's over the line with the team he has had.
I still think that no matter who plays for the club it still has an inferiority complex when challenged with high pressure big games that as yet no one is able to find a way of breaking the cycle.

The club has an inferiority complex because it's the 6th biggest club in the country mate.

Name me a better 6th largest club in any country in the world as good as ours. The only way it can realistically grow is by having a bigger stadium whichnthe club has noted and done something about.

Yes we have come up short in semi finals etc but we are currently in a growth phase. This is why it annoys the life out of me when people throw their arms up and say same old Tottenham. This squad is paying the price for the shortcomings of so many down the years and that comes with added pressure. Mix that with limited funds to sign players, realistically a shoestring budget for the next 5-10 years potentially and as fans we need to be practical with the truth.

Personally I see why there are frustrations, I really do as the law of averages shows we really should have won something or more than that since the league Cup in 2008 but footballs landscape has changed, the focus has altered to the Champions League even if supporters strive for silverware.

We are so close to a new era for the club that it's disappointing that so many are disheartened by where we're at at the moment. Got to tough it out until everything settles down and then we'll see where the clubs at

Great post on F365 today.
Well worth a read, reagardless of your opinions of the current regime.

This is where Levy and ENIC are taking Spurs... - Football365

Completely lost me when he wrote: "it never fails to amaze me how the media are always in general complementing Daniel Levy on his ‘shrewd’ stewardship of the club."

The opposite is true, the press never stop pushing the rhetoric that the club / Levy will sell 'x' player with thinly veiled attempts to cover up their lazy, borderline anti-semitic, stereotypes.

It's pretty disgraceful tbh.

Completely lost me when he wrote: "it never fails to amaze me how the media are always in general complementing Daniel Levy on his ‘shrewd’ stewardship of the club."

The opposite is true, the press never stop pushing the rhetoric that the club / Levy will sell 'x' player with thinly veiled attempts to cover up their lazy, borderline anti-semitic, stereotypes.

It's pretty disgraceful tbh.
I disagree. The press are regularly praising the way he runs a tight ship and talking up his tough negotiating skills.
With regards to reporting the possible sale of certain players it happens with every club. Especially clubs that have a history of selling there best players for record transfer fees such as Spurs under ENIC.

Bale: world record fee.
Walker: record fee for a full back etc.

If we acted like a big club and signed top players rather than just sell them the press would act accordingly.

I agree. It was gaz saying he wasn't being ripped off, not me. I was just telling him why after he posed the question. I got rid of sky sports. So that's my little feeble stand.
As for your "no point moaning if your not being forced comment." We all like a moan. You're moaning about fans who moan about being ripped off. No one is forcing you to read there moaning comments so why moan.
“We all like a moan” yeah your fucking right there!

Why is it that whenever anyone criticises ENIC or Levy himself you retort with this nonsense.

It's hard to tell what you allude to as "nonsense" given what you quoted, but.... When you say "whenever anyone criticises" evidently you mean that in an mass-exagerated, as in 'sometimes' sense...

In which case, to answer your question, i tend to get irked by those that post little else but criticism and ridicule of the club.

You know... Like yourself, John.

As for the rest.... Why am I honestly gonna waste my time genuinely engaging with your questions given the way you 'do business' round here.

You know the answer to every thing you asked; it's only your disingenuous nature that keeps you from understanding...You don't WANT to understand, so why bother wasting both our time by asking.

Mate we have lost eight FA cup semi finals in a row plus a LC semi final recently which again we again failed to get over the line.
I don't think that amount can simply be fobbed off as didn't go our way it's an abysmal record, embarrassing too and I have to say that poch should have got one of these recent semi's over the line with the team he has had.
I still think that no matter who plays for the club it still has an inferiority complex when challenged with high pressure big games that as yet no one is able to find a way of breaking the cycle.

See, I'd like to think that this point at least ought to be the unifier here amongst ourselves...

We have a damn good manager helping us punch above our weight on the pitch and a Chairman doing similar off of it. I understand the frustration when such an issue seems to transcend individual staff or ownership; seen it with England over the years, but can we not at least succumb to the notion that a solution will be found within the complexity of a number of factors rather than, as is standard, rapidly descending into one or more of the following conveniently packaged narratives:

a) Levy's shit

b) Poch is shit

OR

c) The players are shit (ergo Levy is still shit and Poch is Teflon)

No one is forcing you to read there moaning comments so why moan.

I don't now if you genuinely know how reading works, but you don't get to know what the content of a post will be until AFTER you've read it.

:llorisunsure:

Last edited:
You know the answer to every thing you asked; it's only your disingenuous nature that keeps you from understanding...You don't WANT to understand, so why bother wasting both our time by asking.

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

I disagree. The press are regularly praising the way he runs a tight ship and talking up his tough negotiating skills.
With regards to reporting the possible sale of certain players it happens with every club. Especially clubs that have a history of selling there best players for record transfer fees such as Spurs under ENIC.

Bale: world record fee.
Walker: record fee for a full back etc.

If we acted like a big club and signed top players rather than just sell them the press would act accordingly.

Quick one, do you think Woolwich acted like a big club when they sold off Petit, Overmars, Henry, Veira, Nasri, Ashley Cole, Sagna, Hleb, Song, Anelka etc 22 players all in all whilst going through a similar infrastructure investment that we've carried out?

In the last 3 Windows they've signed the likes of Aubemayang, Leno, Torreira, Suarez, etc, spent £155m now the finances are easing yet there's little evidence they could do so whilst their stadium bled them dry. Acting like a big club would be reckless at the moment but I do agree that there should be x amount available before any player sales each summer to the boss. £20m, £50m whatever it is the manager should be able to dictate who he wants with the funds allowed to him.

Quick one, do you think Woolwich acted like a big club when they sold off Petit, Overmars, Henry, Veira, Nasri, Ashley Cole, Sagna, Hleb, Song, Anelka etc 22 players all in all whilst going through a similar infrastructure investment that we've carried out?
No. I don't think they did.
And as you would expect, neither did their supporters.
They reacted and questioned the integrity and ambition of the board.
And we ridiculed and quite rightly took the piss at their apparent top 4 trophy mentality.
But neither they, nor any other club, has ever gone two successive transfer windows without adding a single player to their squad.

No. I don't think they did.
And as you would expect, neither did their supporters.
They reacted and questioned the integrity and ambition of the board.
And we ridiculed and quite rightly took the piss at their apparent top 4 trophy mentality.
But neither they, nor any other club, has ever gone two successive transfer windows without adding a single player to their squad.

True they and no other team have gone two windows without signing someone but at present we've only ended up selling Walker to Man City during the Poch reign when stadium repayments are the main priority.

Also those that mocked Woolwich when it was clear they needed to rebuild onnthe pitch to pay their debts off the pitch were short sighted. They are 15 years ahead of us with the stadium and will continue to prosper now its complete. Anyone that thinks that eventually they won't or at least shouldn't be overtaking us again with the extra money their investment brings in is kidding themselves. We had Champions League money which equated to 25% or so of our profits last year, they didn't have that luxury yet they were still ahead of us in the profit list. That should tell anyone about the advantage they have over us for a while and why we need to be realistic with how the next few years will go. Every season we are able to finish above the likes of Woolwich, Man U & Chelsea moving forward will be a hugely successful season. Each of them get a £100m head start at the very least each year, it is how it is, we can't just print money

If Levy wasn't English but was instead an investor from Qatar he would have got 5x more grief from the press for not signing anyone.

So we didn't get enough grief from the press?

Jeezus christ, the amount of mental gymnastics that must go into making such a statement utterly astounds me...

So we didn't get enough grief from the press?

Jeezus christ, the amount of mental gymnastics that must go into making such a statement utterly astounds me...
There's a difference between the players, manager the chairman and finally the club.

The press for example was awful to Sterling but praises Pep constantly and yet their both employed by the same club.

Back
Top Bottom