Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy is a control freak, so it won't happen, he believes his own hype. If we want to do the model he wants, then we need to have one of the best scouting set ups in the world but it's far from it.
Having a DoF means you don't follow the more traditional 'scouting' setup anymore ... today all players over the age of five have an agent, that agent will make the youtube videos, highlight reels, and write the CV which he will bring to all the professional clubs. We have Steve Hitchin as our chief scout and he has three assistants who work full time ... 90% of our scouting, and most other EPL clubs scouting, is done by freelance scouts on request. Often the same scout will be getting paid to report on the same player to several clubs ... only when we are 80% down the line will we send one of our own, and even that doesn't always happen, why scout someone who's a 50 million star you already know everything about, just watch the video.

I agree we need a DoF to deal with the dozens of agents and hundreds of payers that are offered to the club every year, professional football is now all about the 'money ball' so you need the best guys doing it ... DL doesn't do it now, we have a committee that oversees all transfers, we just need to make that committee better.

Klopp may have done a great job at Liverpool but Michael Edwards is the man who changed everything - he created their research department which identifies transfer targets, he changed their entire contracts process and now leads all contract negotiations, he's a member of their transfer committee. He also changed the way they approach transfer targets, Klopp might approach a German player, but Linders would approach a Dutchman, ex-players are an important tool in convincing targets to sign ... it's all very much hard sell ... they only have Barry Hunter - Chief Scout and Dave Moss - Academy Chief Scout as full time scouts all their regular scouting is done on as as required basis. It's a model we would do well to follow, so far that system has identified for them:

VvD - Salah - Ox - Robertson - Alison - Keita - Fabinho - Shaqiri and now Minanino ... not a bad strike rate

Last edited:
Fair play to Levy for being proactive in the market, it feels like we are changing our transfer policy, he is starting to prove me wrong and long may it continue.

Let's hope now that our owners continue to strengthen the squad and get us players that we desperately need (fullback position and defensive midfielder being the key areas imo) whilst also continuing to be forward thinking and building for the future like we have done with Lo Celso and our other latest two signings.

Fair play to Levy for being proactive in the market, it feels like we are changing our transfer policy, he is starting to prove me wrong and long may it continue.

Let's hope now that our owners continue to strengthen the squad and get us players that we desperately need (fullback position and defensive midfielder being the key areas imo) whilst also continuing to be forward thinking and building for the future like we have done with Lo Celso and our other latest two signings.
I believe we have targets in these areas that for one reason or another, aren’t achievable in this window, but will be in the summer. Maybe also giving the likes of Dier a few more months to prove their worth.

It does look like there’s money to be spent and it’s great to see us making quality investments in new blood.

I think we are just a bigger draw. Easier to sign players.

In the past we had to do alot more selling. We want to challenge for the league, we want to go far in the CL bla bla. We dont need to sell that anymore. It sells itself.

Probably helps we don’t have some nutter talking about mouldy lemons and cows watching trains when they come to be shown around the ground.

(I’m only joking. Still love that Argentinian madman).

4 more players and rebuild is done. Levy dod good job. He brought Sessegnon, Lo Celso and Ndombele, very talented players. Now he brought in another talent from PSV.

We need Kane back-up, DM, CB and right back. We'll get there.

In top 10 richest clubs. That's not possible without new stadium. Be grateful. Don't moan. Don't be like Woolwich.

We'll win the league soon.

Still at AC Milan

giphy.gif

I want to wait to see what happens through the end of the window to really make firm conclusions, but we're certainly starting to see what's possible for us financially in the new stadium. There can be no complaints about ENIC if we are regularly signing premier young talent window after window, and that's what Levy has been building toward.

Still, miserable cunt that I am I cannot help but shed a tear for the increasing realization that above all else, the problem with Poch turns out to just have been that the emergence came a year too early. Tragedy.

Why should we be embarrassed about that?

ONE Carling Cup during his tenure, not that great when you think about it.

:harrysmile:
Stockholm Syndrome, mate.

We just spent 25 million on a young prospect who hopefully comes good so we should give Levy at least another 10 years.

We just spent 25 million on a young prospect who hopefully comes good so we should give Levy at least another 10 years.

The level of investment we've seen in 2019/20 is what this club has deserved for a long time, and with the revenue coming in from the new stadium, the structure is there for it to continue.

You know I'm on your side of this thing, but take yes for an answer.

I feel as though Levy has changed a fair bit this last year, and fair play to him. Whether or not i agree with putting Jose in charge, he acted in the summer, sacked Poch before it was too late, installed a big name manager right away and is now understanding that its best to get something for players rather that just let them run down their contracts.

Back
Top Bottom