You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Management Daniel Levy

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Norwegian_Yid, 31 Aug 2013.

1. scott

I agree. It was gaz saying he wasn't being ripped off, not me. I was just telling him why after he posed the question. I got rid of sky sports. So that's my little feeble stand.
    As for your "no point moaning if your not being forced comment." We all like a moan. You're moaning about fans who moan about being ripped off. No one is forcing you to read there moaning comments so why moan.

2. John Thomas

My Eyes Have Seen The Profit

3. Park Lane Mark Twain

The club has an inferiority complex because it's the 6th biggest club in the country mate.

Name me a better 6th largest club in any country in the world as good as ours. The only way it can realistically grow is by having a bigger stadium whichnthe club has noted and done something about.

Yes we have come up short in semi finals etc but we are currently in a growth phase. This is why it annoys the life out of me when people throw their arms up and say same old Tottenham. This squad is paying the price for the shortcomings of so many down the years and that comes with added pressure. Mix that with limited funds to sign players, realistically a shoestring budget for the next 5-10 years potentially and as fans we need to be practical with the truth.

Personally I see why there are frustrations, I really do as the law of averages shows we really should have won something or more than that since the league Cup in 2008 but footballs landscape has changed, the focus has altered to the Champions League even if supporters strive for silverware.

We are so close to a new era for the club that it's disappointing that so many are disheartened by where we're at at the moment. Got to tough it out until everything settles down and then we'll see where the clubs at

• Like x 1
  4. Blanchflower

Supporter

Completely lost me when he wrote: "it never fails to amaze me how the media are always in general complementing Daniel Levy on his ‘shrewd’ stewardship of the club."

The opposite is true, the press never stop pushing the rhetoric that the club / Levy will sell 'x' player with thinly veiled attempts to cover up their lazy, borderline anti-semitic, stereotypes.

It's pretty disgraceful tbh.

• Like x 2
  5. John Thomas

I disagree. The press are regularly praising the way he runs a tight ship and talking up his tough negotiating skills.
    With regards to reporting the possible sale of certain players it happens with every club. Especially clubs that have a history of selling there best players for record transfer fees such as Spurs under ENIC.

Bale: world record fee.
    Walker: record fee for a full back etc.

If we acted like a big club and signed top players rather than just sell them the press would act accordingly.

• Like x 1
  6. Eli

Eli

“We all like a moan” yeah your fucking right there!

• Agree x 1
  7. Airfixx

Swollen Member

It's hard to tell what you allude to as "nonsense" given what you quoted, but.... When you say "whenever anyone criticises" evidently you mean that in an mass-exagerated, as in 'sometimes' sense...

In which case, to answer your question, i tend to get irked by those that post little else but criticism and ridicule of the club.

You know... Like yourself, John.

As for the rest.... Why am I honestly gonna waste my time genuinely engaging with your questions given the way you 'do business' round here.

You know the answer to every thing you asked; it's only your disingenuous nature that keeps you from understanding...You don't WANT to understand, so why bother wasting both our time by asking.

8. Airfixx

Swollen Member

See, I'd like to think that this point at least ought to be the unifier here amongst ourselves...

We have a damn good manager helping us punch above our weight on the pitch and a Chairman doing similar off of it. I understand the frustration when such an issue seems to transcend individual staff or ownership; seen it with England over the years, but can we not at least succumb to the notion that a solution will be found within the complexity of a number of factors rather than, as is standard, rapidly descending into one or more of the following conveniently packaged narratives:

a) Levy's shit

b) Poch is shit

OR

c) The players are shit (ergo Levy is still shit and Poch is Teflon)

9. Airfixx

Swollen Member

#1009 Airfixx, 11 Mar 2019
    Last edited: 11 Mar 2019
    I don't now if you genuinely know how reading works, but you don't get to know what the content of a post will be until AFTER you've read it.

:llorisunsure:

• Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  10. John Thomas

[​IMG]

11. Park Lane Mark Twain

Quick one, do you think Woolwich acted like a big club when they sold off Petit, Overmars, Henry, Veira, Nasri, Ashley Cole, Sagna, Hleb, Song, Anelka etc 22 players all in all whilst going through a similar infrastructure investment that we've carried out?

In the last 3 Windows they've signed the likes of Aubemayang, Leno, Torreira, Suarez, etc, spent £155m now the finances are easing yet there's little evidence they could do so whilst their stadium bled them dry. Acting like a big club would be reckless at the moment but I do agree that there should be x amount available before any player sales each summer to the boss. £20m, £50m whatever it is the manager should be able to dictate who he wants with the funds allowed to him.

12. Hotspurio

If Levy wasn't English but was instead an investor from Qatar he would have got 5x more grief from the press for not signing anyone.

• Agree x 3
  13. John Thomas

No. I don't think they did.
    And as you would expect, neither did their supporters.
    They reacted and questioned the integrity and ambition of the board.
    And we ridiculed and quite rightly took the piss at their apparent top 4 trophy mentality.
    But neither they, nor any other club, has ever gone two successive transfer windows without adding a single player to their squad.

• Agree x 1
  14. hrytn

Laughing Out Loud
    Investor from Qatar not buying players in 2 transfer windows. Nuts.

• Agree x 1
  15. John Thomas

Investor from the tax haven of the Bahamas not buying players in 2 transfer windows. Doing it the right way

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. Atomic knob

Yes, but he would have also had 5X the money, so....

17. Park Lane Mark Twain

True they and no other team have gone two windows without signing someone but at present we've only ended up selling Walker to Man City during the Poch reign when stadium repayments are the main priority.

Also those that mocked Woolwich when it was clear they needed to rebuild onnthe pitch to pay their debts off the pitch were short sighted. They are 15 years ahead of us with the stadium and will continue to prosper now its complete. Anyone that thinks that eventually they won't or at least shouldn't be overtaking us again with the extra money their investment brings in is kidding themselves. We had Champions League money which equated to 25% or so of our profits last year, they didn't have that luxury yet they were still ahead of us in the profit list. That should tell anyone about the advantage they have over us for a while and why we need to be realistic with how the next few years will go. Every season we are able to finish above the likes of Woolwich, Man U & Chelsea moving forward will be a hugely successful season. Each of them get a £100m head start at the very least each year, it is how it is, we can't just print money

• Like x 1
  18. Hotspurio

I was making a comparison based on nationality rather that money really.

• Agree x 2
  19. Airfixx

Swollen Member

So we didn't get enough grief from the press?

Jeezus christ, the amount of mental gymnastics that must go into making such a statement utterly astounds me...

20. Hotspurio

There's a difference between the players, manager the chairman and finally the club.

The press for example was awful to Sterling but praises Pep constantly and yet their both employed by the same club.

• Agree x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info