Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes I know I will probably get a lot of stick for this, so let me be clear.

I am not saying he is mad, I am not asking for him to be sacked.

He has done some very good things for us...apart from in one area, and that is transfer negotiation.

I found this list last night of players who seem to fall in the category of " bought at virtually the last possible moment and who turned out to be total flops :

Saha
Nelsen
Dempsey
Stambouli
Nkoudou
Sissoko
Llorente

The author of the article called them : "Daniel Levy deadline day specials"

It seems to be a definite behavioural pattern which in the main seems to fail , but he seems incapable of learning his lesson

Allegedly Einstein said : “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results

I certainly dont believe Levy is anywhere near insane, but I do think he might have a specific obsessive issue which makes him unsuitable to be conducting transfer negotiations.

He appears to have an obsessive need to squeeze others for the best deal possible, and when it fails, he panics and tries to regain credibility by buying just "someone" in an effort to make up for his failures.

I am not calling for him to go, but simply for someone who does not have this issue to take over all our transfer negotiations

I think it is obsessive because it keeps happening, and previous examples of its failure as a process, do not appear to change his behaviour.......maybe he cant change it ?!

Its happening yet again...isnt it ?

:(

Last edited:
There's the good kind of last minute negotiations such as when we got VdV.
Then there's the other kind like when we broke our club record fee for Sissoko.

He's also signed Poch and every single one of the players in the current squad, who have given us the best results in decades.

Saha and Nelson were pretty disappointing, but they were free transfers and had Harry's fingerprints all over them. The bigger problem was who we didn't sign that January.

Stambouli was an average backup squad player, later sold for profit. Hardly a mistake, just part of normal squad churn.

Dempsey was OK. He scored some important goals and was soon sold for the same amount we paid.

Nkoudou has been poor, granted. But all clubs sign some turds, and no doubt Levy will recover a chunk of the fee.

Sissoko wasn't a great deal, but he does a job. Will be sold for a decent fee no doubt sooner or later.

Llorente was hardly used by the manager last season. Not great either, granted.

Your suggestion to relieve Levy of transfers makes no football or financial sense.

Well you learn summit new every day... I didn't realise ENIC/Joe Lewis had been involved with the club since 1981... I thought it was a typo! If I'd had to guess, I'd have thought more 1991/2001 than 1981!
Just goes to show what a flighty fly-by-night that Joe Lewis is... we're merely a Blue Chip toy for his portfolio, that he'll no doubt get bored of after 5 minutes! :levystare:

@ Off the bench

It makes no financial sense to try and avoid silly last minute deals which end up in losing an awful lot of money in both fees and wages ??

I am sure Llorente , N'koudou, and Sissoko will agree with you, maybe Lamela as well, though hopefully he may prove me wrong during his new contract.

You make decent points about the others, but its getting worse..not better !

The above three will be very happy with their deals.

Of course it makes football sense, what place exactly do, or did all of those have in our first team, apart from very peripheral ones ? ( Lamela we will see )

All were bought very quickly at the end of a window.

Second rate backs ups to the real players at best.

Nobody it seems is that interested in the those three, so how you can suggest any will be sold for anything near a decent fee beats me.

Sissoko and Llorente will hang around till their contracts end and just take the money, then negotiate some daft deal with another club, just like Max Meyer has done.

And in their positions,why wouldnt they ?

It all makes perfect sense, Levy is not the person best suited to this part of the job, that is all I am saying.

His record over the last couple of years, apart from Sanchez has been poor and it does not seem to be getting better..worse in fact.

It isnt good enough, he needs to give that part of his job to others, or at least give someone who does not have his issue, a veto on his last minute panic boo boos.

Last edited:
We signed Sanchez late last season: a number of people in the Transfer thread (not myself) feel he has edged Alderweireld out of his starting slot.

Levy's record is no worse than the chairmen of other clubs. We just notice the flops at Spurs more because we are Spurs. Man U have signed flops. Man C have, Chelsea have (Torres anyone?), Liverpool have, Woolwich most certainly have!!!

Who would you replace Levy with? Do you have a name in mind, or "some mythical person who never makes a single mistake"?

Hang him!
hang-em.gif

@ Off the bench

It makes no financial sense to try and avoid silly last minute deals which end up in losing an awful lot of money in both fees and wages ??

I am sure Llorente , N'koudou, and Sissoko will agree with you, maybe Lamela as well, though hopefully he may prove me wrong during his new contract.

You make decent points about the others, but its getting worse..not better !

The above three will be very happy with their deals.

Of course it makes football sense, what place exactly do, or did all of those have in our first team, apart from very peripheral ones ? ( Lamela we will see )

All were bought very quickly at the end of a window.

Second rate backs ups to the real players at best.

Nobody it seems is that interested in the those three, so how you can suggest any will be sold for anything near a decent fee beats me.

Sissoko and Llorente will hang around till their contracts end and just take the money, then negotiate some daft deal with another club, just like Max Meyer has done.

And in their positions,why wouldnt they ?

It all makes perfect sense, Levy is not the person best suited to this part of the job, that is all I am saying.

His record over the last couple of years, apart from Sanchez has been poor and it does not seem to be getting better..worse in fact.

It isnt good enough, he needs to give that part of his job to others, or at least give someone who does not have his issue, a veto on his last minute panic boo boos.
So

Tottenham-vs-Manchester-City.jpg

Very

2017-04-01t160833z_1_lynxmped302dn_rtroptp_3_soccer-england-bur-tot-800.jpg

Fucking

sei_5548695.jpg

Poor.

son-heung-min-tottenham-hotspur-spurs-goal-celebration_3393083.jpg

Get lost you freak.

Back
Top Bottom