Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You spelt "merging" wrong
:lamelaaghh:
LONDON TOTTENHAMMERS FC.

vertonghen2.gif

Such a minor thing I know but I wish he wasn't wanting to change the name of White Hart Lane station.
I think most of us understand the whole naming rights shit but having the Station still called White Hart Lane makes the whole naming rights thing palatable, mainly because the stadium is named after the Station not the other way round. But this is the very reason why it will lose its name, any company that's going to drop £20m per year to tie their name to a building is going to push for that if it's possible.

I'm I the only one that's had the dream that a billionaire on his last legs knocks on Levy's door and says here's the money for naming rights and then officially names it white Hart Lane?

Hmm. Just watched it. Changed my opinion on Daniel a bit that has. Seems like a real fan after all. Not sure how I'm going to handle this to be honest. I actually had watery eyes watching that. Feel so proud to be a Spurs fan right now.

Maybe you could handle it by making some life changes in the future. Like not making judgements about people based on speculation and conspiracy?

The station is called White Hart Lane because it is based in the road white hart lane. The ground is not in White hart lane. If the station is moved nearer the ground it no longer will be in White Hart lane. Depends what the new station is called. Tottenham Hotspur station would be acceptable to me but not some sponsors name of the new ground

Maybe you could handle it by making some life changes in the future. Like not making judgements about people based on speculation and conspiracy?
Thanks for the advice !!
I've also been suffering with some erectile dysfunction recently. Although my wife is understanding and does her best, I'm concerned if it continues our relationship may take a hit. I've tried various tablets with no effect. I dont really want to see my GP. What do you suggest ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice.
I've also been suffering with some erectile dysfunction recently. Although my wife is understanding and does her best, I'm concerned if it continues our relationship may take a hit. I've tried various tablets with no effect. I dont really want to see my GP. What do you suggest ?
did you used to blame that on Levy too?

I think we've always been building towards this under Levy and now we are seeing the fruits of his labour.

I've had many an argument on here with people slating him and I've always pointed to the bigger picture.

For those that couldn't see it before hopefully it is coming into focus. The guy has done the right thing in the clubs best interests every step of the way.

Not saying he hasn't pissed me off at times and of course there have been mistakes but everything we are enjoying now is thanks to him. He deserves way more credit than he typically gets.

I think we've always been building towards this under Levy and now we are seeing the fruits of his labour.

I've had many an argument on here with people slating him and I've always pointed to the bigger picture.

For those that couldn't see it before hopefully it is coming into focus. The guy has done the right thing in the clubs best interests every step of the way.

Not saying he hasn't pissed me off at times and of course there have been mistakes but everything we are enjoying now is thanks to him. He deserves way more credit than he typically gets.
For me I ain't braking out any Champaign until he delivers the Stadium (I will not get shitty if it's late, still loads to go wrong) but he has to deliver it and not bankrupt us in the process. I was too young to get excited about the New West Stand being built under Scholar, but that fuck us (along with a couple of other over reaching initiatives) that has taken 20yrs to recover from.

I do "feel good" about what is going on, everything appears to be polished, well thought through and planned. Nothing tacky anymore, I like it and it gives me confidence. But he has to deliver before I start back slapping.

I don't think anyone could have a go at Levy for his business accumine but Pochettino has transformed both his work and the club.
The AVB years, the Redknapp sacking, Jol finding out he was fired at half time, the massive obvious wholes in our squad we never used to fix during transfer windows, the haggling over targets and missing them because of it like Moutinho etc.

Poch has fixed almost every flaw I had with Levy.

1. No money, doesn't matter Poch works with youth players and current ones as well to dramatically improve them.

2. Sum of our parts, his coaching means we operate as a team so that we often beat theoretically superior opponents such as Man City.

3. Identity, we now have a clear system and style of play which runs throughout the club.

4 ruthless, clear deadwood and even players who just don't cut it to make space for new players.

We have a manager who enables us to operate at the top level on a shoestring budget relative to other top 6 teams. This means our players are worth more, want to stay and we bring in more money such as CL funds and sponsorship.

Levy has done really well recently but Poch has been his biggest coup. We now look like a smooth professional operation where as before we looked like a trigger happy, reactive club. Levy can now get on with doing what he is good at and delivering the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom