Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I kind of want Spurs to become a family business. Every generation of Levy will be better than the last, purely from having to negotiate for better pocket money from birth.

You think DL handled the Bale saga well? Wait 25 years for his offspring to flog a month-old lollystick and three used condoms to Madrid by convincing them it's a striker and take £10 billion off them.

No refunds. :levystare:

14th
9th
5th
5th
11th
8th
4th
5th
4th
5th with a record of 72 points

These are our league positions since ENIC took Spurs into private ownership in 2003. ENIC and Daniel Levy has taken us from mid table nobodies to a top club. We have broken into the top4 that people assumed was impossible. On the journey, there's been some bad luck as well. Lasagnegate, Chelsea winning the CL, 72 points not being enough for the first time in ages etc. Not to mention that Chelsea and Man City all of a sudden had billions of money to spend while Levy had to run a business properly.

We've also got the best training facilities in England, and although it's taking much longer than planned we're likely to get a brand new stadium as well. We would have all wanted to see the stadium ready next season, but Levy is careful not to put us in a situation we cannot handle financially.

Considering how far we've come since the Sugar years, I find it amazing that he gets 10 times more criticism than praise. Levy has made plenty of mistakes, but he seems to have learnt from them. I would have confronted him with anger if I saw him on the streets during the Stratford saga and probably last January as well, but looking at the bigger picture I certainly wouldn't have swapped him for any other chairman.

I despise him, and believe that if he wasn't a relative of Lois he would have been sacked. He tried to move us to Pikey Land, and for that I will never forgive him. If there is anyone out there that actually believes that this was strategy and he didn't want to move, you are very wrong. Oh, and there still isn't a brick laid of the new stadium.

He sacked the manager that got us 2x4th 1x5th and a CL semi final. He employed Ramos and Santini. Over the last two seasons he hasn't spent anything (net spend), and after the sale of Bale, this year may not be any different. Everyone and his dog knew we needed a striker in January. He failed to put his hand in his pocket, which in turn cost us CL, and a possible £100m.

Yes, he does manage money quite well, but is unable to see that football is a different industry to just about everything else. AVB can't help being useless, but this bloke does it deliberately.

I despise him, and believe that if he wasn't a relative of Lois he would have been sacked. He tried to move us to Pikey Land, and for that I will never forgive him. If there is anyone out there that actually believes that this was strategy and he didn't want to move, you are very wrong. Oh, and there still isn't a brick laid of the new stadium.

He sacked the manager that got us 2x4th 1x5th and a CL semi final. He employed Ramos and Santini. Over the last two seasons he hasn't spent anything (net spend), and after the sale of Bale, this year may not be any different. Everyone and his dog knew we needed a striker in January. He failed to put his hand in his pocket, which in turn cost us CL, and a possible £100m.

Yes, he does manage money quite well, but is unable to see that football is a different industry to just about everything else. AVB can't help being useless, but this bloke does it deliberately.

Haha, there's a man with an agenda. The Stratford thing really bugged me as well, and I honesty would have given up my season ticket if we moved there.

But it amazes me how you're not able to see the bigger picture here. It's not like Alex Ferguson didn't put a foot wrong in his years at Man Utd and he was also criticised on many occasions, but any sensible person should be able to add up the rights and the wrongs and realize that Ferguson did an amazing job overall

Levy this window

deal_with_it8367.gif

Haha, there's a man with an agenda. The Stratford thing really bugged me as well, and I honesty would have given up my season ticket if we moved there.

But it amazes me how you're not able to see the bigger picture here. It's not like Alex Ferguson didn't put a foot wrong in his years at Man Utd and he was also criticised on many occasions, but any sensible person should be able to add up the rights and the wrongs and realize that Ferguson did an amazing job overall

Fergi was the manager and not the chairman. I to would have given up my season ticket and my tattoo removed. Remember, the reason we are in the European Micky Mouse cup this year is because of Levy

I'm firmly in the "we were never really going to move to Stratford" camp.
Don't see how people can think we were ever going to move there tbh.
And it worked perfectly because didn't the council change their demands after?

While I think he would have moved us if he had a chance, I think ultimately, he saw it as a 'win win' situation irrespective of the outcome. Had it been apparent that there was going to be no real gain and instead real consequences that came from us missing out, then perhaps we'd be having a different conversation.

As for Jol, as much as I love him from what I can remember at the time I'm pretty sure there was noise he was talking to other clubs, he was making noises about wanting to goto ajax. I think there was even one quote where he did indicate he didn't see himself staying at spurs past the near future. Way I see it, is levy called his bluff.

That being said, I hold him accountable for sanctioning the purchase of darren bent, so I'm not going to sing his praises too much

Back
Top Bottom