Dad of a new Spurs fan...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That makes a change, a son influencing his dad. Welcome to you both. Being a Spurs supporter is a bit of a roller coaster ride, but it's very rarely boring! I was 11 when I started to support Spurs and 52 years later, the obsession is as strong as ever.
Human nature being what it is, if we start tailing off and the novelty of the new stadium wears off, there may be more availability in the future, but of course we don't want that to happen, do we?!! Seriously, games against the smaller teams may be a bit easier if you have membership.
Here's to several happy years watching the mighty Lilywhites.
I did try and turn him into a ‘tic but he needs to find his own path. Personally I’m delighted with his choice as it’s clearly a lovely club and I love watching them. And some of the alternatives don’t bear thinking about...!

That’s what I thought, thank you. Question though - do we both have to be One Hotspur Plus members (I had assumed I could buy two tickets on my membership and I did with a basic membership for the Leicester game). I’m actually happy to get him a membership as he’ll love the gifts!
If only one person has hotspur+, you can only use the guest sale window to buy tickets together - this is right at the end of the period just before general sale (if there's any left)
Having two proper memberships lets you buy in the first priority window, so you can take your pick of locations as well.

If only one person has hotspur+, you can only use the guest sale window to buy tickets together - this is right at the end of the period just before general sale (if there's any left)
Having two proper memberships lets you buy in the first priority window, so you can take your pick of locations as well.
Thanks for that - makes total sense. I’ve registered him for One Hotspur + and added him to my network so all set. Thank you all once again for your guidance. Really appreciate it!

I would of thought that at Wembley there shouldn't be too many problems.
NWHL could be big problems,

Don't mean to hijack the thread and an excellent 1st time poster. I considered taking the quote to the new stadium thread (and will move the question there if people prefer), but I did in the end decide that the OP might get something from the replies.

This is the second or third time, I've seen a comment similar to the quoted above.

Do you mean problems in getting tickets compared to Wembley or compared to WHL?

It clearly makes sense as a comparison to Wembley, but if it's regarding WHL, I must have missed a beat somewhere along the line.

WHL almost always demanded being at the ready when tickets were released, but I got there more often than not. A lot more often. I would have thought - and hoped - the NWHL with that many more seats would be less of a scrap to get there tickets-wise every single time?

Don't mean to hijack the thread and an excellent 1st time poster. I considered taking the quote to the new stadium thread (and will move the question there if people prefer), but I did in the end decide that the OP might get something from the replies.

This is the second or third time, I've seen a comment similar to the quoted above.

It clearly makes sense as a comparison to Wembley, but if it's regarding WHL, I must have missed a beat somewhere along the line.

WHL almost always demanded being at the ready when tickets were released, but I got there more often than not. A lot more often. I would have thought - and hoped - the NWHL with that many more seats would be less of a scrap to get there tickets-wise every single time?

Hi thanks for the check-in. He’s been a Spurs fan for all of 2 months so we’ve only been to two games (Palace away in the cup because a mate had tickets) and Leicester at Wembley (which were easy to buy with a basic membership). I’m actually just thinking ahead and checking I’m doing the right things to get a chance at securing tickets. It’s great feeling to take your boy (or girl) to a game and he loves it. So I thought I’d ask actual Spurs fans for their recommendations which was a good call!

I'm not really sure TBH.
As I live in Ireland I don't go to matches these days, I was only going on what various people have been saying on here.

With Wembley there are, obvs, tickets available due to a number of factors such as location, capacity, STH pissed off, etc.

From what little I know with NWHL taking into account STH, corporates, away fans and the number of tickets given to residents, I think that there is only @ 5,000 tickets for general sale.

I could be WAY off on this ? (anybody)

I'm not really sure TBH.
As I live in Ireland I don't go to matches these days, I was only going on what various people have been saying on here.

With Wembley there are, obvs, tickets available due to a number of factors such as location, capacity, STH pissed off, etc.

From what little I know with NWHL taking into account STH, corporates, away fans and the number of tickets given to residents, I think that there is only @ 5,000 tickets for general sale.

I could be WAY off on this ? (anybody)
That’s what I reckon so I would think we have a chance for most games if we’re quick but no guarantees. I read that there will be 42000 season ticket holders and circa 50000 tickets for spurs fans.

Hi thanks for the check-in. He’s been a Spurs fan for all of 2 months so we’ve only been to two games (Palace away in the cup because a mate had tickets) and Leicester at Wembley (which were easy to buy with a basic membership). I’m actually just thinking ahead and checking I’m doing the right things to get a chance at securing tickets. It’s great feeling to take your boy (or girl) to a game and he loves it. So I thought I’d ask actual Spurs fans for their recommendations which was a good call!

I should say, my approach is that I'm from Denmark, so I've been in your - sort of - situation years ago. That started back in the days prior to internet booking though, so that entailed skipping classes to call the ticket office again and again and again at the exact time they opened sales hoping to get through.

I come over 4-5 in your average season, so I've had a fair bit of experience with the online ticketing as well. A few pieces of advice beyond the stuff mentioned. Once we move in to NWHL, I'd suggest to have made a decision on where, down to the section, you'd prefer before needing to go to book, so you can reserve the seats as quickly as possible. Also, if you have the opportunity, do go ahead and have a test run on another match, before the first one, you'd actually like to book. To get a feel for how quick you've gotta act, where you're needing to click etc.

I should say, my approach is that I'm from Denmark, so I've been in your - sort of - situation years ago. That started back in the days prior to internet booking though, so that entailed skipping classes to call the ticket office again and again and again at the exact time they opened sales hoping to get through.

I come over 4-5 in your average season, so I've had a fair bit of experience with the online ticketing as well. A few pieces of advice beyond the stuff mentioned. Once we move in to NWHL, I'd suggest to have made a decision on where, down to the section, you'd prefer before needing to go to book, so you can reserve the seats as quickly as possible. Also, if you have the opportunity, do go ahead and have a test run on another match, before the first one, you'd actually like to book. To get a feel for how quick you've gotta act, where you're needing to click etc.
Thanks. All good counsel.

By the way I got those numbers on the spurs website. I assumed that everything over 50000 goes to corporate and away fans.

With New White Hart Lane hopefully there will be better availability with more regulars converting to season tickets, but as a member I did manage to get to most of the games I wanted when we were at the old ground, with the exception of Champions League and big London Derbies. Even with limited capacities Wembley is remarkably easy for tickets and I think the new ground, especially for the first games, is going to be tougher on getting tickets.

As everyone has said (and you have done) getting a member network set up helps, the more people on that the more buying options you have, so you might want to convert a few more of your family!

It's all about the dates & on the bigger fixtures time, if you can be on there at the time of sale you have much better chance of getting the ticket you want in terms of location or price. Be prepared to be put in a ticketmaster holding pattern and crossing your fingers occasionally but with a bit of planning you should be able to get to the games you want.

Finally congratulations for raising a son with excellent taste!

With New White Hart Lane hopefully there will be better availability with more regulars converting to season tickets, but as a member I did manage to get to most of the games I wanted when we were at the old ground, with the exception of Champions League and big London Derbies. Even with limited capacities Wembley is remarkably easy for tickets and I think the new ground, especially for the first games, is going to be tougher on getting tickets.

As everyone has said (and you have done) getting a member network set up helps, the more people on that the more buying options you have, so you might want to convert a few more of your family!

It's all about the dates & on the bigger fixtures time, if you can be on there at the time of sale you have much better chance of getting the ticket you want in terms of location or price. Be prepared to be put in a ticketmaster holding pattern and crossing your fingers occasionally but with a bit of planning you should be able to get to the games you want.

Finally congratulations for raising a son with excellent taste!
Thanks that’s reassuring. And will follow your advice. I reckon he takes after his dad....

Back
Top Bottom