Current Form and Fixtures

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's rare that we genuinely have something to brag about, but in the last 7 games we genuinely do.

The official Premier League form guide doesn't lie - we are level with Man City, and 4 points ahead of Woolwich in the last 6 games.

With the games we have coming up I don't think this unbeaten run is going to stop just yet either. Usually I would not utter these words for fear of jinxing something, or having to eat me words next weekend, but we can go unbeaten for another 6 games - until we play Chelsea.

Lets not kid ourselves - there are tricky games to come - Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, A*****l, Man City will always be tough games - but the wins against the scum and Liverpool have shown that we shouldn't fear the tops side. This has been the case for a couple of seasons now, but the difference this season seems to be the desire to win, or in a couple of cases, the desire to keep fighting for the whole 90mins and not let our heads go down.

Last season I would have expect us to be under the kosh after QPR scored today, but we turned it on again to keep the two goal lead. We have had to show this same spirit at Blackburn and Newcastle - games i feel we would have come away with a draw or loss, respectively in previous seasons. This season the affect that the signings of Adebayor and especially Scott Parker have made seem to have given everyone a lift. VdV is playing with a confidence that I haven't seen since he first signed for the club, and even Aaron Lennon made two assists today and seems to be coming in to a bit of form after his injury.

After Chelsea we play Norwich and Swansea away, West Brom and Wolves at home, before travelling to Man City. Thats another 4 wins right there, but lets just count City out of this equation for now. They are most likely going to run away with it, and all we can hope is that they takes points of the teams around us.

Then follows a tough few games in January and February where we will play Liverpool, A*****l, and Man Utd. We also have Newcastle on Feb 10th(home), but the African Nations finishes on the 12th so potentially the could be missing Tiote and Ba - or they will at least be a little tired.

Also lets not forget A*****l's talisman! RvP has has never managed more than 28 league games in a season - he's averaged 22 games a PL season over 7 seasons - 32 games in all competitions. It is only a matter of time before he is injured... then where are the goals coming from? Woolwich will also want to go as far as possible in the CL, which will no doubt stretch their squad when injuries begin to kick in.

Then April and May - we have a great run in. We are playing none of our rivals for a top 5 finish!

30 Mar, Tottenham Hotspur v Swansea City

6 Apr, Sunderland v Tottenham Hotspur
8 Apr, Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City
13 Apr, Bolton Wanderers v Tottenham Hotspur
20 Apr, Queens Park Rangers v Tottenham Hotspur
27 Apr, Tottenham Hotspur v Blackburn Rovers

4 May, Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur
12 May, Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham

Added to all of this, in the next few weeks we should have Sandro and Gallas back to full fitness and Adebayor will have a bit of break because of the international friendlies coming up. Kranjar and Huddlestone should both be back by the end of November (imagine the selection nightmare in midfield then!)... oh and Pienaar (remember him?!)

We have a couple of weak areas, but we have cover in every position and I would argue the best squad aside from Man City - and we will only (hopefully) strengthen with another striker (and perhaps CB) in January.

I'm genuinely excited - Rafa is hitting them left right and centre and with a week or so off Adebayor should regain a bit of fitness - he's playing great, but is looking a wee bit tired.

Newcastle have got Stoke tomorrow, then home to Everton before away to Man City - they will surely drop away very soon - I can't see them get too many points from those 9

Chelsea have Liverpool in a couple of games - but also some big champions League games (we have Europa, but will surely send the kids/reserves) Chelsea will also lose some players to African Nations

If we can keep this up then it will surely be in our hands again come the run-in in April - I'd take 4th (obv) but 3rd really could be there for the taking.

Also, to make things even better RvP has has never managed more than 28 league games in a season - he's averaged 22 games a PL season over 7 seasons - 32 games in all competitions. It is only a matter of time... then where are the goals coming from?

Flav said:
Sibs, I'm nicking the OP for the front page of the site.

If this is the case then could you please please please put the RvP stat in the OP somewhere... pretty please?

Sibs said:
Flav said:
Sibs, I'm nicking the OP for the front page of the site.

If this is the case then could you please please please put the RvP stat in the OP somewhere... pretty please?

Amend the OP and post it again in this thread, I'll publish what you post.

Back
Top Bottom