Cup final play list.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I did not see that coming.

Nothing personal, more of a “holy shit, Big Daddy Kane is (was) big in the UK??!!”

Are you kidding me????

'Set It Off' is one of my all time fave tunes.
We know more about what makes for good hip hop than you lot! :allitongue:

(p.s. I shared a few bars with BDK once.... :angryscouser: )

Last edited:
If Biggie is on the track, it's allowed tolerated whilst BIG is on the mic.

B.I.G. not falling in with a better crowd is one of the more lamentable things in hip-hop....

Even if he'd done a Nas/Illmatic and just gone with Primo, Large Pro, Q-Tip etc. mix-bag for his debut I think Id be more of a fan than I became....

(Yes, I'm a hip hop snob.... I crave the whole musical package, not just a dope flow....)

:deledoubt::llorisunsure::pochwtf::pochunimpressed::gallas::saha:

(You'd have to ask our fellow Yid there where he comes from....)

Serious comment though... When the US RAP & 'RnB' mainstream began to suffocate the HipHop artform it was other markets and 'foreign' scenes that kept the spirit and culture (i.e. the 5 elements) of things alive...

The late 90's indie scene would never have sustained the impact it did if it wasn't for European records sales.

(You'd have to ask our fellow Yid there where he comes from....)

Serious comment though... When the US RAP & 'RnB' mainstream began to suffocate the HipHop artform it was other markets and 'foreign' scenes that kept the spirit and culture (i.e. the 5 elements) of things alive...

The late 90's indie scene would never have sustained the impact it did if it wasn't for European records sales.
Yeah I knew that hip hop was big worldwide, I just didn't realize it started as early as BDK. Him and Rakim brought lyricism to a new level.

Yeah I knew that hip hop was big worldwide, I just didn't realize it started as early as BDK. Him and Rakim brought lyricism to a new level.

I've got UK hiphop records from 1986.

Electro & B-Boy culture was huge here in the early 80s and the early GMFlash, RunDMC etc. classics were pop-chart hits here at the time.

Back
Top Bottom