Could the fans buy ENIC out.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is just a proposal and a kite in the sky to see what could be achieved but here is the scenario.

Man United fans are currently paying the loan off the glazers took out to buy Man U through general trading. What if you cut out the middle man. Tottenham fan base has a lot of financial expertise within its numbers. What if we could raise a vehicle that paid off ENIC then awarded 2 votes to season ticket holders 1 vote to members and the loan would be paid off through general trading. The terms of which would be fully explained. The club would then belong to it's fans. Stadium plans would be transparent i.e. admitting we can or cant afford it. We could vote the board in on 3 year cycle. With a yearly AGM. No dividend would ever be issued. All profits ploughed back into the club or into cheaper tickets.

I have no idea if this can work or if is even viable it's a discussion piece but it would at least warrant an examination. Could you imagine spurs owed by it's fans fighting for it's fans maybe even being honest with it's fans.

COYS

Last edited:
A multi-billion dollar company? No.

Not even sure it'd be that smart. We're divisive about trivial issues. Imagine the furore over real shit.
spurs is not a multi billion business £144M TO in 2012 rough way to value businesses (dont hang me I am not a expert) is to triple turnover add in land and good will. My fag packet estimate is £600M

Last edited:
spurs is not a multi billion business £144M TO in 2012 rough way to value businesses (dont hang me I am not a export) is to triple turnover add in land and good will. My fag packet estimate is £600M
I don't mean that. I'll expand. Buying out a part of a multi-billion dollar company is hard when the part you want to buy is potentially very profitable. I'd argue Spurs is one of the clubs in the World with the most potential...A relatively high performing club, ran effectively and huge potential to grow following ground expansion. Add to that a growing brand in the far-east, America and Africa points to ENIC only selling at this point for an inflated price.

Maybe after the ground comes to fruition, but at that point it'll be far too expensive for us.

So the fans can own the club....

...complaint about managers being sacked when the fans are calling for it?....

....and blame each other for not investing?
:gomes:

I think people underestimate the business ability of the guy in charge?

You only have to look back on threads on here and think "thank fuck none of us are making the decisions!"

A season ticket also does not equate to any common sense too.

Nice idea, in reality....Noooooooooo:lamelashock:

I pray this never happens. More stakeholders = Less consensus. The scheme at Ebbsfleet United (albeit was 100% owned by the fans) absolutely panned.

Back
Top Bottom