Controlled Aggression

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
James Harris looks back at Monday’s crushing draw but finds positives in wreckage. We crossed a line or two, but we will have learnt a great deal about ourselves and our football team. “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.”- Henry Ford

Read article

If anything positive comes out of the game its that teams are going to be even more wary of the physicality of Spurs and put them mentally on the back foot.

That and Dier nailing Fabregas was magnificent in its deliberateness. Clearly Clattenburg has no love for Fabregas otherwise it was a no-brainer red card.

I just think it's fucking great to see the players show as much passion for the club as the fans do.

We've been missing that for a long time

Very good read. I'd probably need to watch the game back again (which I will do with relish, not from behind the sofa because I loved the game) but I felt we lost our heads once we knew we were not going to win which was the last +5 mins. The equaliser came about through quality, not as a result of us loosing our heads (I think).

But those last +5 mins a more mature performance would have seen us give everything for a 3rd goal rather than kicking lumps out of them, but easy to say that from the stands, as that was by far the most intense atmosphere I have been to at The Bridge (it was fantastic), as I was walking out of the stadium I was exhausted.

Nicely put mate. Maybe we could add that these are young boys that got antagonised even before the game started. More than one of these unprofessional twats in blue stated they were out to stop us winning the league. Knowing they would play out of there skin against us wasn't the problem. Our boys new that even if they had kept the league alive on Monday the blue cheats would probably throw it on the last day of the season, disgusting but true. That's infuriating and frustrating for me and I'm an old bugger.
Did the lads go a bit far with the aggression? Maybe a little. But I for one am proud of all of them. I applaud their aggression. We are Tottenham Hotspur, we bow to no one. Especially not the cheats, racists and bigots that were crying and whinging in blue shirts on Monday.

I have read a lot on this forum re Monday and now had plenty of time to reflect. The Scum first & the Spammers were my most hated teams. Chelski jumped above both on Monday for the winding up, before, during & after the game. Their general nastiness was over the top and Fabcunt is now enemy number 1. If The Scum draw Chelski for the first game of the season I will for the first time ever actually want the Scum to win. That describes what I thought of Chelski who created the problems.
Moving on to us. I like the new toughness and mentality of not being bullied. If we had been 2 goals down at half time and the way we played allowed us to fight back to draw I would applaud it. However on reflection it was our downfall and we lost a 2 goal lead which was bad. Some of the things were plain stupid, Walker's flip which like Beckham did no damage, Dembele's eye contact which again did no damage, Lamela on Fabcunts hand which could have got him sent off, Dier's tackle near the end which again was lucky he was not sent off which was in their half. Now Mason's tackle 30 seconds later was needed or we could have lost. Like Alli's punch, all the above were ineffective. I do like the fact we will not be bullied but we need to learn from this and control it to things that actually have an effect. The camera will be on us even more than usual now and we need to show we cannot be wound up or we will face this treatment more often. Need to be more cynical and know the difference from an illegal tackle that stops a goal scoring opportunity rather than when in the opposition half. If they want to get revenge, it should actually hurt and be in a tackle and not a silly flip. More importantly it must never get in the way of winning a match which I think it did at the end.
How we got through that match with 11 men, I will never know but if the Ref had been tougher we would have been the team to suffer. Hopefully the club will only be fined, Dembele's suspension not too long and we learn not to be wound up like that again.
Incidentally I am surprised there are no reported incidents of crowd violence after the match.

The first time I heard the expression 'controlled aggression' was when we played the second leg of the UEFA Cup in 1984. The 'controlled' bit might have been missing in spades on Monday night, but I love the fact that we are not Southern softies any more. Why should we roll over and take all the rubbish other teams dish out, it's about time we stood up to the bullies and gave them a taste of their own medicine. Keep dishing it out Spurs, but choose your moments, and never forget, there are bloody cameras everywhere, so if you're going to do something stupid, then make sure you hurt them and make the ban worthwhile!

The trouble is, that it wasn't controlled aggression. It was fucking stupid behaviour that meant we couldn't win the league.
Shamefull behaviour
The first half was a decent football match and we clearly won that. The second half was a nasty battle and we won that too. Criticise the team if you like, but then I would like to gouge out your eyes.

hopefully we don't play in to the oppositions hands again like that. especially when 2-0 up & in control.
controlled aggression is great. this wasn't it.

3 million views!!!

Need a few more views with Chelscum!

Still think the funniest was Fibreglass running around like the whiney little bitch that he is showing everyone his hand with no mark on it and no one giving a fuck!
Of course it was deliberate by Coco but so what
:lameladisgust:

Little cunt deserved it!
:wansum:

Back
Top Bottom