Concerning 1882: A View from a Season Ticket Holder

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I long for the game to go back to where it used to be, when going to football was much more fun. For you younger lads that don't remember paying on the gate and when the FA cup was the big competition in the eyes of the fans check this out!

Football was so much fun before the elf 'n safety squad moved in. Look at the crowd! In tree's, on pylons standing on walls! Brilliant! Today we would have 100 officious little hitlers in high visibilty jackets running round kicking everyone out, giving life bans etc. ahh the magic of the cup!!

AHHH isn't it, couple of boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, how much for the ball shopkeep, 99p?, hmmm ahh tad expensive hmm, isnt it, over here tommy over here, go in for header and get ball in face, run home to warm bosom of mother, hmm isnt it. football.

hqdefault.jpg

I long for the game to go back to where it used to be, when going to football was much more fun. For you younger lads that don't remember paying on the gate and when the FA cup was the big competition in the eyes of the fans check this out!

Football was so much fun before the elf 'n safety squad moved in. Look at the crowd! In tree's, on pylons standing on walls! Brilliant! Today we would have 100 officious little hitlers in high visibilty jackets running round kicking everyone out, giving life bans etc. ahh the magic of the cup!!

That video was fucking amazing. Thank you.

I seem to have been born 60 years too late.

Bit off topic but wanted to post it.

You know one chant that always sounds shit these days is the AVB's Blue n White Army one. It dies out because everybody speeds it up and doesn't include the claps and it's impossible to keep on singing without losing your breath. So the chant soon dies out.

I always remember in the Glenn Hoddle and Martin Jol days it used to go on for ages ringing around the Lane.

I vividly remember the Seville match when the whole stadium, even the West Stand (only time I've ever seen it) were on their feet singing Martin Jol's Blue n White Army non stop for the whole 2nd half.

We have to start singing it like this again!

I do really like it sung that way, but I also like it when we sing it and it gradually turns into 'Yids' over and over again.

AVB's blue and white army (YIDS), AVB's blue and white army (YIDS), AVB's blue and white army (YIDS)........YIDS.....YIDS.....YIDS

I like both versions but the drum used to keep the tempo in check with the old one. The new one speeds up too quick (as with nearly every fucking chant)

I hate the new version that turns into "yids" after about 20 seconds. Prefer the old one with the clapping in between.

Remember someone on the shelf last season (i think) starting the old version up but for AVB. Sounded class for a while before it died out.

Bit off topic but wanted to post it.

You know one chant that always sounds shit these days is the AVB's Blue n White Army one. It dies out because everybody speeds it up and doesn't include the claps and it's impossible to keep on singing without losing your breath. So the chant soon dies out.

I always remember in the Glenn Hoddle and Martin Jol days it used to go on for ages ringing around the Lane.

I vividly remember the Seville match when the whole stadium, even the West Stand (only time I've ever seen it) were on their feet singing Martin Jol's Blue n White Army non stop for the whole 2nd half.

God I remember that game. What an atmosphere that night even North upper was non stop for most of the game. Up there with inter and Woolwich nights. I was proud to be a spurs supporter after that game.

...it also happened during the entire 2nd half of the Getafe game when word got round he'd got sacked!
I guess that was more of a rallying cry of support for HIM rather than the team.

Back
Top Bottom