Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very true.

They did look mighty good yesterday though and will take some stopping at present.

It is important to note how Mourinho deals with them but I also think we have players who can trouble them and deal with their threat.

They are much better than last season as they should be witb another quarter of a billion spent.

Every time we’ve played them in the last few years we’ve been able to deal with them, not too worried about what they are doing.

His remit is to win the champions league at least once. If he cant do that hes failed. There may be more competition in the premier league than at Bayern. But the man has spent the best part of 500m on a squad when he already had by alot of expert opionion the best squad in the league anyway.

City playing well is hardly a surprise. Lets see how they do against Real, PSG and Barca over his tenure. Thats what he will be judged on.

His remit is to win the champions league at least once. If he cant do that hes failed. There may be more competition in the premier league than at Bayern. But the man has spent the best part of 500m on a squad when he already had by alot of expert opionion the best squad in the league anyway.

City playing well is hardly a surprise. Lets see how they do against Real, PSG and Barca over his tenure. Thats what he will be judged on.

Good post mate and fair points.

To be fair. Barcelona were nothing special before Pep and they aren't anywhere near as good without him.

I do agree though hat the stars aligned and he got there as a respected man within the club and he had key players in their prime.

I think he's a good coach but if you get these jobs, you're hardly going to reject the money are you? The chairman is willing to give you £200,000,000+ million to spend, what are you going to do?

ByWA4c7CYAQtGuR.jpg:large

To be fair. Barcelona were nothing special before Pep and they aren't anywhere near as good without him.

I do agree though hat the stars aligned and he got there as a respected man within the club and he had key players in their prime.

I think he's a good coach but if you get these jobs, you're hardly going to reject the money are you? The chairman is willing to give you £200,000,000+ million to spend, what are you going to do?
Under Rijkaard for five years, Barcelona were amazing for the first three and pretty rubbish for the last two. I doubt they’d have sacked him if everything had been going wonderfully well. So your point that they were nothing special before Pep arrived sort of stands up, just not to long term scrutiny.

Doesn’t make Pep any less of a fraud or an asshole though.

I used to quite like pep but can't stand him now, thought he had more class than to show such arrogance towards a team that has finished above them for the last two seasons and played them off the park in three out of the four games.

We saw his antics against Bournemouth when they rattled City.
Not going to take much to tip him over the edge, as he is in a corner now after spending so much.
Just need that first loss to hopefully trigger the meltdown. What a scumbag he is though, and yet still the media favourite.

At Chelsea was their best result, better than anything United or any of the top 6 have put up this season in the league, including Spurs. I do think that game ends in a draw if Morata doesn't go out, but City dominated. Like I said, with the money at their disposal, anything less than a title in the league and Pep should be gone. Given their CL group, quarterfinals is an absolute minimum in Europe, and even that is probably a disappointment.

However, and I may be grasping at straws, I think that City could falter like they did last season. It's going to get heavy and thick schedule wise after this break, with 20-21 games between Oct 14 and Jan 1. That's pretty much a 2 matches a week pace. Granted, everyone in Europe and the league cup has a similar schedule, but the Premier League is deeper than Germany/Spain, so I think they may drop points purely due to rotation requirements.

Again, their weak CL group helps them, and I'm pretty sure Pep doesn't give two shits about the League Cup, but where as Spurs tend to really rake in the points during the hectic December schedule, I think the rest of the top 6 taper off.

At the beginning of the year I picked 1 City, 2 Spurs, 3 United, 4 Chelsea, 5 Woolwich, 6 Everton (lol Everton is garbage), 7 Liverpool (Coutinho stayed :( ), but if Spurs can gain their Wembley legs we will make a race out of this.

Perhaps if he'd have watched the game he'd have noticed that if Harry wasn't playing we'd have missed his 2 goals, but probably benefitted from someone slightly less selfish providing at least 2 assists.

It's a complete nonsense comment, like many other teams we play with 1 striker, it's pretty much the norm. That's Kane's job, to score goals. How is that being reliant on 1 player. The bloke's an utter cunt bag, I can't wait for the city game now, it's going to be another 'battle of the bridge'.

Used to not mind Pep, but what a cunt. Hope we batter them again even more now. Perhaps he remembers last year when we beat them 2-0 last season at our place with Harry Kane not playing? Any excuse not to give us credit, when we had Bale sure, we were a bit of a one man team but not any more, not even close.

Back
Top Bottom