Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Been to Colchester a few times, a soulless bowl of a ground on an industrial estate in the far corner of the town next to the A12, not a patch on the scruffy little but somehow charming shithole they used to play in at Layer Road.

yup, it is out of town somewhat.

Pub beforehand?

Anyone coming on the train.. the nearest pub going northwards and in the direction of the stadium is the Bricklayers Arms

27 Bergholt Rd, Mile End, Colchester CO4 5AA

Otherwise I guess it'll be the pubs in town.
Three Wise Monkeys, Queen Street Brewhouse, Church Street Tavern, Hole in the Wall or Fat Cat (bit of a walk from the station)

All the wrong direction from the ground really.

Eriksen in Colchester on a wet and windy Tuesday night :thumbdown: He'd never survive the first half :roflmao:
Fear not, he'll still give everything he's currently got.

giphy.gif

Hopefully we will see some care and commitment from the team as a whole. If we are rebuilding, then no point in playing the troublemakers from now on - performances are not good enough for top 4 anyway. Probably why Poch has played Lamela more

He'd run rings around them. It's a strange myth that one. Remember the thugs at Tranmere that were going to smash us to bits?

It’s very strange. A lot of players at this level have come through the academy’s of big clubs and been released. Often the better youth players don’t make the best adults.

Their captain a CB is a product of our Academy.

So footballer or thug?? What are we trying to produce?

Myth busted!!

:wanyama:

It’s very strange. A lot of players at this level have come through the academy’s of big clubs and been released. Often the better youth players don’t make the best adults.

Their captain a CB is a product of our Academy.

So footballer or thug?? What are we trying to produce?

Myth busted!!

:wanyama:
The "thugs" that I see as a real risk to skillful players are the ones playing at the top level, with some pace and power, but shit attitudes and clumsy tacking i.e. Xhaka.

Only if he's motivated, sharp and on his game.

If that's the case then why 'demote' him from the main line-up at all?

Not doubting the quality in his locker.....
Been to Colchester a few times, a soulless bowl of a ground on an industrial estate in the far corner of the town next to the A12, not a patch on the scruffy little but somehow charming shithole they used to play in at Layer Road.
I believe it's the oldest town in Britain. Founded by the Romans.... and they still play on the original pitch, circa 1500 BC.

I'm really not interested in this game we will probably win on penalties then lose to one of the big teams in the next round standard.

Well I’ve heard we can’t win the Carabou and finish 4th because we dont have the squad (even though the manager is world class)

So might as well lose now, why play more games for nothing?

To Dare Is To Do

Back
Top Bottom