Club statement 30.04.14

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still dn't get the Tim hate to this day. I mean he is ambitious person ,who wouldn't want to be manager of spurs given the oppotunity. All he did was tell the truth that he wanted the job.

Its like if I get an internship I will work hard and will be expecting a permanent contract unless told otherwise. It's easy to assume when a person is given a 18 month contract that he might stay longer than a few months or atleast given a chance to prove his worth and extension.

People are blinded by their loyalty to certain players to realise that Tim had a point and some players just aren't giving 100percent. We don't know what Tim sees in training and I refuse to believe his lying about players not giving their all evidenced by the fact even before Tim some player just weren't performing to their ability.

The club were right for giving out this statement probably should've done it early. They also should've probaby should have told Tim like Chelsea told benitez that he was interim and had no chance at a permanant position. I fully blame the club execs for the mess we in, Tim believe it or not is a victim of the clubs mismanagement.

The reason behind the hatred I believe is largely down to your analogy: Tim's got an internship as managing director at huge company with no prior experience. He has then proceeded to self-promote (mainly BS) to the detriment of his staff and his employers, shows no gratitude to be in the undeserved position he finds himself in (even acts like he's owed something) and performs fine (but by no means great) with the routine tasks and fails at the big tasks and in all this still has the gall to state he's better than all his predecessors.

It is widely believed that he was the main leak from the club during the AVB days and as such the media, who whilst not our competitors are definitely our enemies, have given him a better write up than most would get but even now they're starting to turn.

Agree that the club should've handled it better and actually saved him from himself.

Btw - I don't begrudge him for taking the job

I have a very strange feeling that Sherwood will be staying and I actually don't have a problem with that, I wouldn't say I am a staunch Sherwood supporter but I have a certain amount of respect for him and I am fairly please with the job that he has done so far.

I just think that the way things are shaping up, he could be staying. With Broomfield already being reappointed and Baldini supposedly on the way out, it would seem that things are being set up how Sherwood wants them. He will have worked closely with Broomfield before and famously doesn't get on with Baldini.

Personally I think if Sherwood stays he will dismantle much of the good work that has been done and set us back years.

Were there signs of him developing things here I would be in favour, who doesnt like the idea of someone coming up through the club and succeeding?

As it is though I can only see negatives in him being here past next Saturday.

Imagine it - What sort of business would we do this summer? Half the talent would be out the door and yet I cant help but feel their replacements wont have half the ability.
Next season, 442? 433? 4231? Or "Fuck defending and put 5 AMs in midfield"?
We have been schooled by every good team we have played, and fortunate against some of the poor teams - can we rely on results next season?
Its terrifying!

I hate saying this, but I have feeling that we will lose to the Gypsies tomorrow. They have to win, they have the voodoo sign on us this season and it is their cup final again.

Therefore, once we lose (imo), Sherwood will come out with some shit in the press conference and that will be that. Good night.

Half the talent would be out the door and yet I cant help but feel their replacements wont have half the ability.
Next season, 442? 433? 4231? Or "Fuck defending and put 5 AMs in midfield"?
We have been schooled by every good team we have played, and fortunate against some of the poor teams - can we rely on results next season?
Its terrifying!

This is what I am most worried about. I am having visions of livermore and bentaleb in the centre of midfield for our opening game next season

I hate saying this, but I have feeling that we will lose to the Gypsies tomorrow. They have to win, they have the voodoo sign on us this season and it is their cup final again.

Therefore, once we lose (imo), Sherwood will come out with some shit in the press conference and that will be that. Good night.

Im much more concerned about this one than the Villa game.
Allardyce will play very strategically and look to capitalise on our obvious weaknesses. Expect plenty of long balls over the top of our non existant midfield.
And if the score it will all go to shite...

Im much more concerned about this one than the Villa game.
Allardyce will play very strategically and look to capitalise on our obvious weaknesses. Expect plenty of long balls over the top of our non existant midfield.
And if the score it will all go to shite...
agree with this they will be hoofing balls n to the box to capitalise on our "unique" way of dealing with balls in the box

If FDB comes... Vertonghen/Eriksen will stay... (and will be pleased to do so)
...and if he doesn't, they might not!

Thass all I care about right now!

Back
Top Bottom