Club Or Country?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you prefer your country won a world cup or Spurs won the league?

• Club

Votes: 79 85.9%
  • Country

Votes: 13 14.1%

• Total voters
It may be unpatriotic of me, but club over country every time. I'd be super happy if England won the world cup, but spurs winning the league would mean more to me.

Last edited:
If Wales won the World Cup I would be a happy Welshman but if Spurs won the league I would make a serious attempt at being the happiest Welshman in the World.
It's a bit of an easy question to ask someone from Wales when his naturally preferred sports ball looks like it's been sat on :thumbup:🏉
:coys:

These days I only check the England line up in the hope that Harry or Dele aren’t starting so they don’t get injured. And if they do play I’ll check the BBC in case they did get crocked. Apart from that I can’t be bothered with qualifiers. And as for friendlies. :lamelaaghh:

Spurs, even with the league cup!

I like internationals, especially of late because we've had a few players involved and Southgate's done a grand job. But nothing can compare with Spurs winning silverware. Maybe I'd feel differently if we won things year in year out but for us it's a blue moon event.

The national rave up if we ever won the WC would be immense, but the deep joy I'd get from Spurs winning the league would be incomparable.

Without the benefit (torture?) of growing up a Spurs fan, i have to go with my nationalistic side here.

Spurs are significantly closer to a league/European trophy than the US is to a world cup trophy, so it would be a much bigger deal for me.

Spurs, even with the league cup!

I like internationals, especially of late because we've had a few players involved and Southgate's done a grand job. But nothing can compare with Spurs winning silverware. Maybe I'd feel differently if we won things year in year out but for us it's a blue moon event.

Love Southgate’s bravery in terms of youth and his common sense in selecting so many spurs players but I think we are years away from winning a World Cup; I fact I won’t be surprised to see the England girls win a WC before the men get a second one. Can’t say I agree with you on Silverware in general as ALL DAY LONG I want England to win a WC over us winning a league or FA cup. It’s about the League and the Champions league now and that’s all that matters in terms of the best V the best and the financial angle.

It’s a no brainier!

Back
Top Bottom