Ciprian Marica (striker)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well if we want to sign a young and good striker for the future,I recommend Aleksandar Mitrovic!
Anyone heard about him?
Well he is a striker who is playing now for Anderlecht (was playing for Partizan).He played 2 games there and has 2 goals and 2 assist.He was playing in the Serbian u21 team,and won the u21 cup.He plays now for the Serbian national team,and he is only 18 years old (recently turned 18) (Finally a striker for us,we were waiting for a good striker for long,and finally we will get one!)He is something like the Serbian version of Mario Balotelli.
He recently scored a goal vs Croatia in the Serbia vs Croatia game,Mourinho was watching the game and said that he was the best on the pitch and that in few years he will be world class and one of the best strikers in the world.A few months ago his price was 5 million,now it's 15 million.
I think our scouts should watch this boy,and in like 2 years we should try and sign him before the other clubs start chasing him,because trust me,he will be fucking world class!

Last edited:
this fella (Calin Mates) seems to be Marica hater,everyone have right to have his own opinions,Marica would not be such drama player,but not regular first striker of the team (Tottenham),i admit that,but on the bench ,yes,he could be there,sometimes score,sometimes not...
Calin Mates quote:"despicable character, arrogant, no motivation"
is not like this,definetely Catalin is his hater,but Marica have his personality (not "arrogant",is a good team mate with his lads in the team,and is motivated when all the fans cheering on him,in our national team ,all the fans in the stadium (50.000) like i posted in the previous video Romania-Hungary,encouraging him,and he gave the best ,was choosen "the man of the match"... he's that type of player of morale,if the stadium is with him he might be have best matches ,memorable goals,when the stadium act against him ,he lose morale...and in Germany (Stuttgart,Schalke) their fans don't adopted him well,and the managers introduce him on the pitch just for the last 15 minutes in many games,so how to do more in just 15 minutes ?!,sometimes he scored having these 15 minutes at his disposal...if he remained to play for Shakhtar Donetsk when he had 20 years,probably now he will be on of the best strikers from Europe, Mircea Lucescu (romanian manager) said to him at the time "it's too earlier for you to leave Shakhtar now,stay with me to make you a prolific striker",but Marica was not wise, leaved the club (Shakhtar) to soon,for Stuttgart (20 years old) where was reserve almost all the time...i agree with Lucescu,he should stay more time for Shakhtar (here was no.1 striker of the team) and now Shakhtar is an important club in Europe (always champions of Ukraine,always with presences in Champions League...

Last edited:
To be fair, i don't consider him to be good enough for us. He would be a cheaper option for us than Ade (if he leaves), but he is not as good as a player. He does have talent, but it looks like his best days are behind him.

That's my opinion based on all the years i've seen him play. Doesn't mean i can't be wrong about him though...

A "talented" player out of contract who is less talented than Ade and can't even sign for someone before the season starts. Do we need a bigger red flag?

A "talented" player out of contract who is less talented than Ade and can't even sign for someone before the season starts. Do we need a bigger red flag?
he reject some offers (West Ham,Fiorentina because was low for his preferences,and if he will sign with the Spurs,probably will fight with Defoe for a place on the bench,and Soldado will be first option...i don't know if he will sign with the Spurs...anyway

he reject some offers (West Ham,Fiorentina because was low for his preferences,and if he will sign with the Spurs,probably will fight with Defoe for a place on the bench,and Soldado will be first option...i don't know if he will sign with the Spurs...anyway
Yeah, you're about as objective as @ WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE is over Dempsey. :rolleyes:

By the way, we are not "the Spurs". If you are only here because your golden boy has been linked and/or we have signed Vlad, I suggest you watch a few Spurs matches and then come back a bit later after you decide whether or not you want to follow us irrespective of Romanian squad players. :adestare:

Yeah, you're about as objective as @ WHITE&BLUE WHITE&BLUE is over Dempsey. :rolleyes:

By the way, we are not "the Spurs". If you are only here because your golden boy has been linked and/or we have signed Vlad, I suggest you watch a few Spurs matches and then come back a bit later after you decide whether or not you want to follow us irrespective of Romanian squad players. :adestare:
you don't read my post previously (today morning,isn't it?) i said "i don't want to sign for the Spurs,because he will be reserve here o nWhite Hart Lane...read again please my post,in the morning...that post comment with the video...i rather i would like him to sign for West Ham ,there he have big chances to be in their first 11, than here... and yes, i watch the games until now (stream net) Tottenham-Norwich,Tottenham-Tromso,and now Cardiff-Tottenham... i know what i'm saying...so,myself opinion don't want Marica here,because he will don't make many things,just to be on the bench...so, i say NO to him...he will be the third option like striker after Soldado and Defoe...if somehow he will sign it would be to replace Adebayor...

you don't read my post previously (today morning,isn't it?) i said "i don't want to sign for the Spurs,because he will be reserve here o nWhite Hart Lane...read again please my post,in the morning...that post comment with the video...i rather i would like him to sign for West Ham ,there he have big chances to be in their first 11, than here... and yes, i watch the games until now (stream net) Tottenham-Norwich,Tottenham-Tromso,and now Cardiff-Tottenham... i know what i'm saying...so,myself opinion don't want Marica here,because he will don't make many things,just to be on the bench...so, i say NO to him...he will be the third option like striker after Soldado and Defoe.
Why did you sign up on this forum, because you were interested in Tottenham Hotspur, or because there is an Romanian connection to this club?

Why weren't you following us last season?

Why did you sign up on this forum, because you were interested in Tottenham Hotspur, or because there is an Romanian connection to this club?

Why weren't you following us last season?
yes because 7 millions Steaua fans (one of them is me) watching Tottenham now (Vlad Chiriches) but not just him,Tottenham is the only team in England who had 3 romanian players until now...in the 90's Gheorghe Popescu and Ilie Dumitrescu,it's a sympathy here for Tottenham club...

yes because 7 millions Steaua fans (one of them is me) watching Tottenham now (Vlad Chiriches) but not just him,Tottenham is the only team in England who had 3 romanian players until now...in the 90's Gheorghe Popescu and Ilie Dumitrescu,it's a sympathy here for Tottenham club...
So how to you think we have adapted to the loss of Gareth Bale?

Rose is the rightfull player in this moment for left back place,Naughton today was a little insecure on this place,Cardiff chances coming from his area,danger situation was in the min.80,when they was close to score,luckily,Paulinho save the game 1-0,after Lamela assist...;)

Why are you asking him these questions? Dan has been awesome since he's come here. He's given us so much info on Vlad and he's been participating throughout the forum since. Its obvious that he's supporting the club now that Vlad is here but why should he be treated any differently than anyone else? He seems like an awesome guy. Maybe he'll be a Tottenham fan for life now that he's following us so closely now. Give him a chance. New fans pop up all the time.

Why are you asking him these questions? Dan has been awesome since he's come here. He's given us so much info on Vlad and he's been participating throughout the forum since. Its obvious that he's supporting the club now that Vlad is here but why should he be treated any differently than anyone else? He seems like an awesome guy. Maybe he'll be a Tottenham fan for life now that he's following us so closely now. Give him a chance. New fans pop up all the time.
Sorry, but I'm just tired of glory hunters and people attaching themselves to the club because of a player. We have so much debate on here and other forums about the state of modern fans and one contributor to that is short term club attachments based on player fandom.

I'm only giving @ Dan D Dan D a little bit of shit because I want to make sure he's not another fair weather short termer. I'm sure if he is the real deal he's more than capable of showing it as time moves on :)

To be fair, i don't consider him to be good enough for us. He would be a cheaper option for us than Ade (if he leaves), but he is not as good as a player. He does have talent, but it looks like his best days are behind him.

That's my opinion based on all the years i've seen him play. Doesn't mean i can't be wrong about him though...
yes, in this moment,in the present,i don't think he (Marica) will be able to be the first striker of the team,but i know he can do a lot of help,being a competition between him and Defoe for ex. to won a place on the bench...let's thinking a little, now Tottenham stay in 2 strikers (Soldado and Defoe) if someday one of them gets injury ,unworthy situation,for sure,for many months ,what solutions have in the hand AVB ?? just one ,and on the bench ? no any other striker? this team in system of playing 4-2-3-1 ,must have 3 strikers ,one titular, and 2 fighting for a place on the bench ,or why not to replace the first striker of the team ,when this have problems (don't score with many matches,inefficient,or get injury from long time...)
what amount of money invest Tottenham in Marica ? (zero pounds for transffer,maybe just to pay his salary and that's all...) chances to be a great asset for the squad?... 50%-50%,he could do memorable matches,or maybe not,ask AVB why he wants him ?(if press said it is interest from Tottenham in him)
i n this moment,Ciprian Marica, is no.1 striker of Romania national team,key player for the squad,and apprecieted by majority of romanian fans

Last edited:
Sorry, but I'm just tired of glory hunters and people attaching themselves to the club because of a player. We have so much debate on here and other forums about the state of modern fans and one contributor to that is short term club attachments based on player fandom.

I'm only giving @ Dan D Dan D a little bit of shit because I want to make sure he's not another fair weather short termer. I'm sure if he is the real deal he's more than capable of showing it as time moves on :)
i watched games from the 90's of Ilie Dumitrescu when he played with Jurgen Klinsmann in attack of the Tottenham, i had 17 years old at the time in 1994.(Osvaldo Ardilles manager,argentinian,because Romania eliminate Argentina in the last 8 round ,world cup 1994,and Dumitrescu scored twice in that game,Ardilles was nut about Dumitrescu).. and i know football being on stadiums in Romania and watching international football (Spain,Italy,England,Germany on TV etc) over almost 20 years,and Tottenham is my favourite team from England,because in the 90's transffer 2 players from ,probably, our best generation (Dumitrescu and Popescu team mates with no.1 romanian player of all times,HAGI) ,after Tottenham Popescu going for FC Barcelona, and Dumitrescu in Spain also,FC Sevilla at the time...and when in august,beginning of september, heard that our beloved player,ex-Steaua player ,Chiriches,signed for the Spurs,i was glad for that,maybe "tradition"with romanian players in this team will have a new way...and i don't want you appreciation,i'm here on this forum starting with 1th september (you will find me my post comments in "Vlad Chiriches" topic,because i wanted to inform Tottenham fans about him,because many don't heard many things about him,i presented him exactly how he does for Steaua,and probably he will be a good player also for Tottenham, i will stay here as long as i will be welcomed here on this forum,despite Chiriches will stay 1 year,2 years or more or not...i wish to him all the best here,on White Hart Lane...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom