Ciprian Marica (striker)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SinghYid

Just Do It
A lot of noise being made that we are looking to sign this lad on a free.

A few days ago Marica said ...
"I am in negotiations with three teams. I hope I will be able to tell you the name of my next team by the end of next week."

Apparently those 2 of the 3 clubs are Arse-anal and Spurs.

The latest news is...
Tottenham are set to sign Ciprian Marica on a free as striker rejects Arse-anal and West Ham interest.
We are offering him £60,000-a-week three-year deal.

A free deal sounds good to me since we could potentially be short on firepower (with the erratic Ade).

Some info on him...
Is a Romanian, so him and Vlad can be buddies.
He'll be 28 in Oct. (1 year younger than Ade, 2 years younger than Defoe, and same as Soldado)
He played for Shaktar, Stuttgart, and most recently Schalke.
He mostly plays as a second striker, or a winger, but can play CF.

Other than that, I quite frankly don't know anything about him.

Edit:
According to ESPNFC ... overall, for club and country in 18 appearances he scored 8 and assisted 5 (last season)

Last edited:
Never heard of him. Which of course is irrelevant.

A glance at his Wiki and you'll see he's a machine for Romania but his goals are few and far between at club level. Though I suppose he may not always play as a striker.

wide forward - what does that mean. If he plays on the left then I see his value. If he plays on the right, I don't believe the interest is true. A guy who can play ST but primarily plays on the left wide forward, as it is, is what we need.

During his time in the Bundesliga he's never lit the place up. Always been support or a benchwarmer for a better striker.

I don't believe he's a player we need. He's not an upgrade on anyone we've got in the squad atm.

Would prefer for this not to be true, if anything because that contract is too much out of pocket IMO for what we actually need, and three years is a long commitment for a guy that was dropped from a team that's about our level.

Last edited:
Posting some comments here from a youtube video

Only quality players have a place at a club like Arse and Ciprian Marica has no where near enough quality to play for Arse...maybe QPR though!
-
this comment got to many thumbs down to be shown

He has a reputation for being a lazy player at Schalke.
-
this comment has 6 thumbs up

he's 27..... not going to get much better

Welcome to Arse... !!

welcome to arse in january

His statistics are terrible though. Even Bendtner scores more than him. I'd rather we gave sanogo or akpom a chance or even bendtner

yes, i know ,the rumours says the same here (Romania) even Tottenham is one of many teams who wants him, (Arse,Spurs,West Ham from England,but also Lazio,Inter,Fiorentina express their intentions for him,even Steaua from his country,Romania,offered him with 1,1 mil euro for year (2 years contract),he rejected them all,i think he waits a better offer,and a team who guarantee his presence in the first team,because he have 27 years old,and is not so young like 20 years anymore to be just the second option for the manager (i don't know Spurs guarantee such thing,having Soldado (important first player),Defoe(rotation role)...for me ,personally don't see him at Spurs now,because will be the second or the third option like striker!
He had contract at Schalke (his last team ,2,5 mill.euro on year,and his status was to be the first option to replace Huntelaar,well known dutch striker (when this player gets injury,yellow cards etc).
What to say about him ,is considered no.1 striker of our national team (in formula 1-4-2-3-1),every time when he played for Romania gave satisfaction (goals,assists,determination,key player) in the recent world cup preliminaries Brazil 2014,important match,Romania-Hungary,he score first goal (min.2) and give assist for the second goal (min 28 Pintilii) he played well 78 minutes,and was choosen the man of the match.
so ,about national team,being almost perfect player for the squad,other status he have playing for club teams (he played for Dinamo Bucharest, Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) where had manager,celebre romanian, Mircea Lucescu,then VfB Stuttgart,Schalke ,now...is free player.
Technical striker type,feel the game well,speed is one of his quality,looking also to open space for other team mates,enter in combinations ,passes with them (team mentality),quality executions when he scored... his problem of him he is not constant in evolutions (linear) in games,he play one game excellent,then in the next game seems to disappear... he's not constant,in one game or two is like Van Persie,then in the next matches he's like Fernando Torres (last season,when the spanish striker almost disappear not scoring in many matches for the Chelski).
So,for the national team is indispensable player,A GOD FOR US, (Van Persie look alike),for the clubs is like Fernando Torres (with few accomplishments)
In England,i see him striker no.1 of West Ham (they wants him more,but he rejected the offer (low salary),i think he wants Arse or Tottenham...
so, don't understand me wrong,he will be good player even for Tottenham,if the spurs play 4-4-2 formula (with 2 strikers,ex.Soldado-Marica,but in this moment,Tottenham play with one striker forward 1-4-2-3-1,that mean (Soldado is the first option,and Defoe or Marica fighting for a place on the bench reserves,case which i don't like it,because Marica will be again like Stuttgart or Schalke period (eternal reserve) , i want him in a team who wants him with status of being first striker of the team because he's the first striker of our national team ,and we need that for him to play regular in a club team,not being reserve...why he reject West Ham ? (that's is my upset on him,because there have more chances to be an important player in the first 11 team)

Tom Hanks (Forrest Gump celebre quote): ""My momma always said, 'Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.'"
same thing with Marica,sometime he could make a defender (he can do) like John Terry to cry like a silly girl,but sometime in other matches disappear under the table...always made his romanian fans to wonder before the game "how will be today Marica? "terminator" or a "ghost"?

1. recent his game was "terminator" (6th september,was choose "man of the match" vs. Hungary 3-0,he scored first goal ,and gave assist for the second goal)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom