Christmas Catch-Up (Part 2)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Fighting Cock

The Fighting Cock
Christmas Catch-Up (Part 2)Windy and Nathan chat about the transfer window and answer your questions. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Windy, Bardi and Nathan.

Production by Nathan A Clark (Twitter @NathanAClark).

Intro music by David Lindmer (David Lindmer).

Artwork by Adam Gardner.

Follow on Twitter and Facebook @TheExtraInch.

Email us at [email protected].

For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy

WindyCOYS WindyCOYS and Nathan (not sure if you are on here).

Agree that a DM/6 is priority, but as much as we all want a new RB, surely a LB is now an even more pressing need as Rose is persona non grata and Davies is very meh, Sessegnon is more of an attacker, and we are are currently playing a 32 CB as a makeshift LB?

Agree that a DM/6 is priority, but as much as we all want a new RB, surely a LB is now an even more pressing need as Rose is persona non grata and Davies is very meh, Sessegnon is more of an attacker, and we are are currently playing a 32 CB as a makeshift LB?

Davies is a absolutely injured, but I'd otherwise take him or Jan ahead of our RB options.

Davies is a absolutely injured, but I'd otherwise take him or Jan ahead of our RB options.

JV is barely even playing as a LB more a WLCB is is not an option going forwards if we actually want a a proper LB. Davies is ok but very ordinary and again, not really

And Rose is a liability who’s openly stated he wants out.

JV is barely even playing as a LB more a WLCB is is not an option going forwards if we actually want a a proper LB. Davies is ok but very ordinary and again, not really

....Not really what?

He pisses all over the RBs... Jan being part of a wonky backline is BECAUSE of Aurier.

Injury accepted, but:

BD/JV > SA/KWP really is no debate.

And Rose is a liability who’s openly stated he wants out.

I've no case to make for Tabloid Danny.

....I'll leave that to nutters like Nathan F (Happy New Year, btw Nat, you badass! )

....Not really what?

He pisses all over the RBs... Jan being part of a wonky backline is BECAUSE of Aurier.

Injury accepted, but:

....I'll leave that to nutters like Nathan F (Happy New Year, btw Nat, you badass! )

Not really the future if we want to evolve into something better than we are. (I swear I typed that last bit out, don’t know where it went).

I’m not a big fan Aurier, and accept KWP probably isn’t going to get a crack, but I still think our LB situation is even worse.

unlike many, I probably prefer Davies to Rose, but that says more about Rose tbh, neither are top team material, and JV barely gets over the halfway line. At least SA/KWP can.

Not really the future if we want to evolve into something better than we are. (I swear I typed that last bit out, don’t know where it went).

I’m not a big fan Aurier, and accept KWP probably isn’t going to get a crack, but I still think our LB situation is even worse.

Depends how your framing the timeframes of this urgency....

As of today; RB v LB is debatable. Once Ben returns (hopefully early feb), RB is worse, hands down.

unlike many, I probably prefer Davies to Rose, but that says more about Rose tbh, neither are top team material, and JV barely gets over the halfway line. At least SA/KWP can.

As I've already said tho.... Jan's positioning is tactical thanks to Aurier being dodgy. He likes to push forward if given the opportunity he's been doing it for years at CB and LB.

....Not really what?

Injury accepted, but:

Nice one Airfixx same to you son...hope you had a good Christmas you sexy Motherfucker. Been a bit a quiet on here recently a self imposed sabbatical. No fear I'll be back bigger badder and more beautiful than ever. Happy new year to one and all ladies and gents. One final spleen vent....I've never been happy with Maureen taking over and when the fuck will we be Tottenham Hotspur again....not Jose Mourinho's fucking Tottenham it's not his, it's not Levys and it's not ENIC's it's your spurs it my spurs it's our club owners and managers will come and go...but we'll still be here loving our club come what may I fucking love being a YID.... i hope everyone on here has a great 2020 and peace love and happiness to all x

Depends how your framing the timeframes of this urgency....

As of today; RB v LB is debatable. Once Ben returns (hopefully early feb), RB is worse, hands down.

As I've already said tho.... Jan's positioning is tactical thanks to Aurier being dodgy. He likes to push forward if given the opportunity he's been doing it for years at CB and LB.

It is tactical, and Aurier is dodgy, but I don't think that's why we are playing JV in a lop sided 3331, I think it's because Aurier is the only eligible FB who can actually get up and down.

To be honest, this is two bald guys arguing over a wig, but I still think the guy on the left needs it that little bit more as he doesn't even have eyebrows.

Happy enough with Sess and Davies personally.

Happy enough with Sess and Davies personally.

Personally, I see Sessegnon more as an attacking option, someone who could eventually bring some qualities to our attack that we lack right now, ie some intelligence and composure aligned to a bit of pace and directness. It's where he always impressed me more playing for Fulham anyway (Scoring 16 and assisting 8 as a 17yo). I get the distinct impression he prefers that side of the game to defending.

Maybe I'm wrong and Sessegnon could turn out to be a really good LB, but all the evidence suggests it's not where he prefers or is best, no?

And Davies is the definition of meh. A really ordinary player.

Back
Top Bottom