Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m with Tony Cascarino . Not sure I agree totally, but either play Eriksen from the start or don’t play him at all.

No doubt Christian has been fabulous and one of the main reasons we have done so well over the last 4 seasons. However, for me, he has blotted his copy book. I thank him for all the good things he has done. Also, I do not blame him for wanting to move to a team he thinks is more likely to win top trophies plus getting a bigger wage. A football career is relatively short. What I don't like is that he has made it clear he wants to leave and wouldn't sign a new contract so we could get a decent fee for him. I also feel he has let it effect his game which has cost us at times. It may even have caused some disruption in the dressing room as the whole team doesn't appear to be regularly playing to the standard we know they can. On balance, I would like to see him left out of he team and sold in January.

COYS

What a feeble little man he's become over the last 8-9 months. We all knew he was going to miss that penalty. No conviction, no bollocks, no spine and he don't give a shit about us anymore.

His minds in duty free, what a shame he's fucking the memory we have of him. Poor at he can sulk so blatantly when he signed that contract. What's going on with him, I thought he was far better than this.

What a feeble little man he's become over the last 8-9 months. We all knew he was going to miss that penalty. No conviction, no bollocks, no spine and he don't give a shit about us anymore.

His minds in duty free, what a shame he's fucking the memory we have of him. Poor at he can sulk so blatantly when he signed that contract. What's going on with him, I thought he was far better than this.

Not excusing his performances because he has been utterly shit and I have no time whatsoever for a player not giving his all when he puts our shirt on so as far as I am concerned, he and a few others can go.

That being said, if I was a player right now, having witnessed how we have behaved as a club in the transfer market before this season and failed to show ambition to win trophies and looking at our manager who has yet to win a trophy, I would probably want out as well tbh.

There has just been a clusterfuck of mismanagement in this area and we already know players are fickle, doesn't matter how "loyal" they are.

Spurs have some of the most loyal players you will see in the modern game with this current squad but that loyalty isn't infinite, especially when we are showing signs of stagnation at a boardroom level.

So yeah, Eriksen is being unprofessional and I have no time for that but this team was never going to stay together without winning things, players get older and they eventually want out to touch glory because they aren't getting it here anytime soon that's for fucking sure.

Where have all the "Eriksen is a model employee... We should respect his honesty"-crew disappeared to?

...They don't seem to police this thread so much anymore. :harrysmile:

Last edited:
He actually looked a little upset after missing his penalty.

I see he's working on his acting more than his corner/free kicks

Either that or he'd convinced himself there were RM scouts slumming it in Essex in order to see him.

:eriksenserious:

Class act. Will go down as a Spurs legend when he rightly gets his transfer to Madrid.
Class act? He is playing terribly and has done for a long time. Class acts put everything happening off the pitch behind them when they pull on their shirt. He is one of the main reasons we are in this mess. He can’t cross, he can’t shoot, he can’t tackle, he hasn’t been creating and he sure as hell can’t take a penalty. One free kick scored in the league since 2015 yet he still takes them!!! And don’t get me started on his recent lack of effort

Back
Top Bottom