Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hate digging out individuals, as it is a team game and everyone has off days, when things don't go right. However, the one thing I really can't forgive is if I feel players are not trying their hardest. I do know that he has a very laid back persona, but I do feel that he only turns up when he feels like it. All the skill in the world is worthless if you don't have the application and heart to perform your best at each and every game.
Totally agree Mrs.P. to be naturally talented and gifted at something is an attribute not many people can claim to have. Therefore to watch a footballer with the skills we know Eriksen possesses, choose to just 'switch off' for 90 minutes is nothing short of shameful. There is no room at any level of football for a player to 'throw a moody' and not try but when it's a Champion's League game it is unforgivable.
If he has not yet secured a new club then he is doing himself little good putting on such performances for the World to see. Poch needs to have a chat with him and find out just where his priorities lie this season.

Any player can have an off-day, but boy he had an absolute stinker tonight. Should have been subbed early on but of course he's fucking bullet proof under Poch and rarely gets tugged.

Even though he does go missing too much for me, I sincerely hope that was his season's nadir because I can't stomach another limpless display like that.

Last edited:
Any player can have an off-day, but boy he had an absolute stinker tonight. Should have been subbed early on but of course he's fucking bullet proof under Poch and rarely gets tugged.

Even though he does go missing too much for me, I sincerely hope that was his season's nadir because I can't stomach another limpless display like that.

Is it the movement around him? Is it something deeper in his teammates intelligence or is it simply that he can't be as arsed to be a Spurs player anymore? Either way it isn't doing him or us any favours at the moment.

I'd love to see how he performs with Lo Celso alongside him. So frustrating that we lost him when we did so early into his Spurs career.

That should be his last game for a while ... playing poorly is fine ... simply not turning up is unacceptable. Poch needs to take a stand no contract no game time, if not this saga will become more and more poisonous ...

Classic can't tell the difference between team and individual ... the team is in a decent position 3rd and an away CL point however there are a few individuals not doing the business .... it's not that hard to work out.

Classic......"everyones a negative cunt but when I complain its different"

Piss off mate, you´ve waived your right to criticise anything

Silly little Sammy all upset again .... never mind nobody cares
You clearly do care because you seem to take great offense to anyone who criticises the team on the basis that we got to a CL final.

Then you feel you have the right to demand Eriksen be dropped all of a sudden, after accusing people of thinking they know more than Poch for saying the same.

I told you before our play doesn’t upset or depress me. It bores me.

Seems like your happy clapper has started to splinter you’ve been whacking it so hard.
But yeah, you’re one of the good fanz who’s negativity is positive....jog on, you’ve folded, coward.

Last edited:
You clearly do care because you seem to take great offense to anyone who criticises the team on the basis that we got to a CL final.

Then you feel you have the right to demand Eriksen be dropped all of a sudden, after accusing people of thinking they know more than Poch for saying the same.

I told you before our play doesn’t upset or depress me. It bores me.

Seems like you’re happy clapper has started to splinter you’ve been whacking it so hard.
But yeah, you’re one of the good fanz who’s negativity is positive....jog on, you’ve folded, coward.

Whatever .... just keep taking the tablets .... don't want you going all postal

I wonder if part of the reason he is playing so badly is because he is very unhappy working with Pochettino.
Or is he struggling to play whilst tripping over his petted lip.

He reminds me of a kid that thought the world was his oyster and when he announced the teams he wanted to play for, they would come falling over themselves trying to get him. When they didn't he decided he wasn't playing, but he was forced to, very much against his wishes.

Back
Top Bottom