Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eriksen probably sitting outside Poch's office now suggesting another discussion about his contract renewal.
To be honest, I would if I was him after that match.
The pub beckons....catch you all later :(

It's fucking stupid to drop him due to off the field affairs.

Twice we bench him at home. Twice we bring him on in desperation at 1-0 down. What kind of message is that supposed to send...

"You don't want to stay. Cool, you can sit on the bench today"

One hour later

"Save us Christian"

It's fucking stupid to drop him due to off the field affairs.

Twice we bench him at home. Twice we bring him on in desperation at 1-0 down. What kind of message is that supposed to send...

"You don't want to stay. Cool, you can sit on the bench today"

One hour later

"Save us Christian"

Starting Eriksen after his City performance would’ve been a slap in the face to every attacking player that didn’t start today though.

Maybe they need a slap in the face. They showed fuck all today. But I guess you were just as happy about the performance as Sammy

And if we had enough AMs to take their place none of them should be starting next week. Their poor performance today has absolutely no bearing on Eriksen's fucking shit show last week so stop acting like it some how absolves him of doing nothing but lose the ball. At least he came on and scored this week though 🙄

If you think I'd rather lose and having Eriksen do nothing over winning with him playing well then you're an idiot. The fact that he's massively overrated by the majority doesn't affect my love for Spurs.

And if we had enough AMs to take their place none of them should be starting next week. Their poor performance today has absolutely no bearing on Eriksen's fucking shit show last week so stop acting like it some how absolves him of doing nothing but lose the ball. At least he came on and scored this week though 🙄

If you think I'd rather lose and having Eriksen do nothing over winning with him playing well then you're an idiot. The fact that he's massively overrated by the majority doesn't affect my love for Spurs.

I just don't get this witch hunt against Eriksen. Yes he goes missing sometimes, but almost all of those games you could make the same point about all of our players. Why aren't they getting some of your "love"?

People saying he lost the Champions League final for us. Didn't see anyone else win it for us. He's our best player, so of course he should play. Before the season I wouldn't mind playing him from the bench, but the state of this team is just not good enough.

Thick as pig shit decision to just drop him like this. Our most creative player by a country mile just sitting on the fucking bench whilst players like Lamela start.

It's not like he's fucking missing training sessions or being difficult yet he's dropped. Wilfried Zaha on the other hand has stated numerous times he wanted to leave Palace yet he's starting for them because the manager knows he's a very influential player. Fucking dumb by Poch.

Last edited:
Thick as pig shit decision to just drop him like this. Our most creative player by a country mile just sitting on the fucking bench whilst players like Lamela start.

It's not like hes fucking missing training sessions or being difficult yet hes dropped. Wilfried Zaha on the other hand has stated numerous times he wanted to leave Palace yet hes starting for them because the manager knows hes a very influential player. Fucking dumb by Poch.

Let's just see if he's still with us at the end of the week. I don't imagine for one minute Poch thought he would require his services for the match and had to eat a huge chunk of humble pie in getting him on. A case of the pupil teaching the Master a lesson perhaps.

It's not like hes fucking missing training sessions or being difficult yet hes dropped. Wilfried Zaha on the other hand has stated numerous times he wanted to leave Palace yet hes starting for them because the manager knows hes a very influential player. Fucking dumb by Poch.

But Zaha rarely plays badly. The key but yes.

Hercules.

Seriously, that is nonsense. Poch is playing up the drama here as an excuse. The team refusing to take a shot on goal against Newcastle has nothing to do with Eriksen sitting in the corner of the dressing room reading Spanish for Beginners out loud.

It’s not just Eriksen though, is it? Our dressing room has changed a lot, Dembele, Vorm, Trippier and Llorente have gone. Wanyama and Aurier will soon leave. Eriksen and Rose could leave too. The unit that was together for most of the last 5 years is not settled anymore and we are all waiting for the window to close so that we can all come together again and focus on the football.

It doesn’t excuse the terrible team performance against Newcastle but no doubt there is some truth to what Poch is saying about the atmosphere at the training ground. If people are distracted they can’t be at their best and by all accounts there was a great camaraderie on the training pitch that may have started to evaporate after all these changes. That what Poch means about needing the window to close so we can settle down and rebuild that dynamic that made us a strong team before.

I heard he is causing trouble in the locker room because of his situation.

Best if we sell him soon (even if we dont want to)

Source?

Nothing personal, but all you "I heard x or y" fuckers need to fuck off with that shit... Intentionally or otherwise it just amounts to shit stirring.

Back
Top Bottom