Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you want to leave the club, fine. Do it behind closed doors. Knock on Levys door monday morning and say you want to leave. But keep it behind closed doors. You dont need to go on live radio airing your dirty laundary. It’s disrespectful to the people that pay your salary. To seek a move away and think you’re justified a move to the likes of Barcelona or Real Madrid and then get turned down is embarrassing and even more so, delusional. And then having to return to training with your teammates after you’ve found out said clubs dont even want you, or would rather wait for you on a freebee because you arent top priority LOL. Barca & Real dont give a fook either way, but it has hurt our club, especially since we’re a club which places a lot of emphasis on team spirit. Look at the likes of Alderweireld. Im sure at times he’s wanted out since theres no smoke without fire, but it is kept internally, so should things not work out he has got on with it and continues to be a great defender. Now it seems that he is still throwing his dummy out when the club wants to get on with the season.

At this point he is becoming a nuisance and I hope we get rid in January to whichever club offers money. Aint spurs’ fault barca-fucking-lona dont want him. He wont be missed like Bale, who is a genuinely world class athlete. Although even his star move has soured somewhat hasnt it?

If a player doesn't want to sign s new contract at Spurs he cannot be forced - and the persuation that any club can use with any player is very limited - worst is probably to bench them.

Equally a player cannot be persuaded to sign for another club if he doesn't want to.

Of that Levy will be well aware, as are most genuine fans. So frustrated, maybe yes, pulling out hair, no !

I can guarantee Levy is a bit more than frustrated about losing Eriksen on a freebie.

It's not that strange of a transfer saga when you remember that all he actually said was that he felt he was ready for a new challenge, but he was also happy to stay at Spurs (and specifically come to the table for a new contract) if no-one came in for him. Eriksen ready to leave Spurs for new challenge

So far, no-one has come in for him, so why shouldn't we take that at face value?

As for why no-one's come in for him, well, Barcelona scooped up Frenkie de Jong and are already trying hard to offload other attacking elements. Juventus picked up about 74 midfielders on a free this summer, so they don't need him. Madrid were the commonly mooted suitor, but Zidane wants Pogba, and Levy was never going to sell to United.

Everyone else, United included, would have been a step down for him, which he expressly stated didn't interest him. It's no mystery.

The only mystery to me is how Eriksen can pull in the second-most assists during his time in the league, regularly run further than anyone else on the team, and be praised by every single person at the club for his quality, professionalism and value to the team... and yet some people on here insist he's not an elite player.

He is an elite player. FACT. Can we finally get over this nonsense and just be glad he's still here?

It's not that strange of a transfer saga when you remember that all he actually said was that he felt he was ready for a new challenge, but he was also happy to stay at Spurs (and specifically come to the table for a new contract) if no-one came in for him. Eriksen ready to leave Spurs for new challenge

So far, no-one has come in for him, so why shouldn't we take that at face value?

As for why no-one's come in for him, well, Barcelona scooped up Frenkie de Jong and are already trying hard to offload other attacking elements. Juventus picked up about 74 midfielders on a free this summer, so they don't need him. Madrid were the commonly mooted suitor, but Zidane wants Pogba, and Levy was never going to sell to United.

Everyone else, United included, would have been a step down for him, which he expressly stated didn't interest him. It's no mystery.

The only mystery to me is how Eriksen can pull in the second-most assists during his time in the league, regularly run further than anyone else on the team, and be praised by every single person at the club for his quality, professionalism and value to the team... and yet some people on here insist he's not an elite player.

He is an elite player. FACT. Can we finally get over this nonsense and just be glad he's still here?

Ghosting during games like last week and in the UCL final is why he will never be an elite player.

Ghosting during games like last week and in the UCL final is why he will never be an elite player.
I don't agree that he ghosted in either game. I think that the entire team were on the back foot against City, and that Liverpool did everything they could to avoid a football match in the final, since they had a dodgy lead to protect.

Why is Eriksen the scapegoat for these? Is Kane not elite, despite being invisible in both games too?

Sometimes i feel like all he's doing is lightly jogging around for 90 min, it's pretty easy for anyone to cover 12k like that

Covering the most ground only means something with context ffs. If I spent 90 mins doing lengths of the pitch it doesn’t make me a valuable member of the team and similarly if Eriksen is jogging around the opponents half without putting any pressure on them, without winning any challenges or intercepting/tackling then what use is that to us? If anything he should be conserving the energy for when he can actually do something useful.

Assists are a fairly pointless stat as well. Look back to Son’s first goal for us vs Palace in 2015. Eriksen plays a 5 yard pass to Son who’s 35-40 yards out, runs at Palace and scored. The stats give praise but I could’ve made that pass.

Surely we have now exhausted all possible avenues of rumours/options/choices/outcomes regarding this matter ?? Can we not simply wait until things unfold and become more clearer ??
38tamf.jpg

:coys: :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Coming to crunch time now as some new it would.
Seems like this is actually causing unrest now.

Bin him. I don’t even want him to sign, just build a new midfield.
We've been building for the last 20 years and its yielded 1 paltry league cup.

Keep him. Winning teams create an environment where their best players want to stay.

In fact, keep Chris, Toby, Jan and Danny and I guarantee our trophy cabinet finally gets unlocked after a dozen barren years.

Keep him. Winning teams create an environment where their best players want to stay.

In fact, keep Chris, Toby, Jan and Danny and I guarantee our trophy cabinet finally gets unlocked after a dozen barren years.

Now that's the funniest thing I've read since I joined :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: and that I can guarantee !

Covering the most ground only means something with context ffs. If I spent 90 mins doing lengths of the pitch it doesn’t make me a valuable member of the team and similarly if Eriksen is jogging around the opponents half without putting any pressure on them, without winning any challenges or intercepting/tackling then what use is that to us? If anything he should be conserving the energy for when he can actually do something useful.

Assists are a fairly pointless stat as well. Look back to Son’s first goal for us vs Palace in 2015. Eriksen plays a 5 yard pass to Son who’s 35-40 yards out, runs at Palace and scored. The stats give praise but I could’ve made that pass.

Yeah, the context is he runs a lot, sees more ball than actual CM's, scores and assists 20+ a season (and in answer to your bullshit assists are pointless statement, he's also tops our XA90 - quality/quantity metric - of anyone who started more than 2 games - as well as tackling at the same rate as Sissoko and Winks per game, and forcing more press turnovers, as well as progressing the ball into the final third more.

Mate if we want success, we need to start the rebuild.

Sorry but the “best team in 30 years” won fuck all. And we don’t even play the breathtaking football anymore.

A few years ago I expected to win in style.
Now we wait for the obligatory early oppo goal and the only reason it’s exhilarating is because we basically come 1 minute from defeat for half the season.

A world class attack that can’t put a game to bed before the hour.
A world class defense that can’t defend a corner.

The King is dead, Long live the King.

I think when Poch talks about this being an unexpected situation I think he means that he really felt there was a big chance Eriksen would sign a new deal, he probably underestimated the players desire to leave. Neither Eriksen or the club expected there to be so little interest that this awkward situation could develop and that there would be any pressure on him to extend. He thought he would be long gone by now.

I still think the most likely outcome is that Real offer us £50m next week and we let him go. There’s just no way he can remain part of our first XI if he is thinking about Real more than Tottenham, you cannot expect a player to give their best in that situation. If he stays he will just be a squad player once Lo Celso gets going. Ramsey was in the same position at Woolwich last season where the manager was never really willing to rely on him as a consistent starter.

Back
Top Bottom