Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be interesting this season to see the likes of Eriksen and Dele be world class every week and Kane score 65 goals now that Trippier has left.
How the fuck does that work when Tripps played 38 games for us last season and you've been slagging off Dele and Eriksen throughout. Need to work on your logic a bit more me thinks.

Will be interesting this season to see the likes of Eriksen and Dele be world class every week and Kane score 65 goals now that Trippier has left.
It will be very interesting to see if Eriksen signs a new deal with us and puts the past behind him. Maybe nobody coming in with huge offers for his talents will be a sobering experience and he'll knuckle back down to life at Spurs.
I'd like to think he will learn from it and move on as a player....if that's the case then I reckon we will see a huge improvement in the consistency of his performances next season. That can only be to the benefit of everybody at the club, fans included.

We will likely be weaker this season. However, we are looking to the future and building a team that can win the title in 2 or 3 seasons time.

We have to acknowledge that our best players Toby/Jan/Rose/Trips/Rose/Eriksen/Kane/Alli/Son/Dembele were not quite good enough. Alli, Kane and Son will get better over the next 2 or 3 years; the rest are likely to decline and hence the need to roll out the older players and build for the future.

I can’t work out if you’re a troll or just mental

Can't wait for him to be sold and get this all over with. He's a technically gifted player whose stats have benefited from us having no like-for-like in the squad but ultimately I'll remember him for his lack of commitment from a defensive perspective and his apparent attitude that he wants to be in Madrid

Absolute load of bullshit. Also plain lie just vomited out to suit your (baseless) agenda!

"lack of commitment from a defensive perspective" ?!? FFS he was the player who covered THE MOST ground of all our players.
For his size and statue he did more defensive work than we could have had right to expect. If you want to see slagger - just look what that c*nt Özil is doing on the field. There are very-very-very few so creative playmakers around the world who would work harder back to defense. It might have been true when he joined us that he did not track back to defense but those times are long gone.

To me he will be remembered as technically gifted player whose goals, assists and general contribution helped the team immensly over the seasons. Even in the last season - without him we wouldn't have either reached CL final nor finished in top 4!

I’m sure Eriksen is looking forward to teaming up with Tripps and enduring the wrath of Simeone when he didn’t close down and ball sails over Kieran’s head setting up a goal

This report also suggests Eriksen came on tour to help recover from surgery and hopefully play games....maybe wants to impress Juventus scouts ??

Or maybe he just wants to get fit ready for the new season and will sign a new deal

Have another look at the photo
It will tell you all you need to know including that he had cabbage 🥬 for dinner last night

Ive just come across this, thought I'd share:

This guy gathered all the numbers from a PL season (not sure which one). Apparently only 20% of corners lead to shots on goal and only 10% of those end up being actual goals. 2% of corners leads to goals.

I've only skimmed through it burn the dude also talks about how he more teams score from corners, the greater the chance they will be ones fighting relegation.

Here for anyone who wants to dedicate a few more minutes looking at it than I've been able to this afternoon.

Ive just come across this, thought I'd share:

This guy gathered all the numbers from a PL season (not sure which one). Apparently only 20% of corners lead to shots on goal and only 10% of those end up being actual goals. 2% of corners leads to goals.

I've only skimmed through it burn the dude also talks about how he more teams score from corners, the greater the chance they will be ones fighting relegation.

Here for anyone who wants to dedicate a few more minutes looking at it than I've been able to this afternoon.

England got to a World Cup semi
Final with corners. He’s full of shit

Back
Top Bottom